Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AllYouNeedIsLuck

IF we make the playoffs, would you rather play the Pats or Texans on Wild Card Weekend?

Who would you rather the Colts play Wild Card Weekend?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you rather the Colts play Wild Card Weekend?

• Patriots
    • Texans

Pros for playing the Pats rather than the Texans:

- We likely would have to get past them anyway to make a run. Is it easier to beat a team on the road in the wild card weekend rather than later? Anybody got stats on this?

- Can you imagine we beat Tom Brady and the Pats in the 1st rond? I would legitimately seeu s being able to make a SB run. That would be very very exciting

- It will only get colder further into the playoffs. I'd rather play in Foxsborough in milder weather because we're not accustomed to it and they are (understatement)

- Pats are the Pats but they've looked a little shaky of late. Something tells me with a bye and more time, Belicheck will have the Pats looking unstoppable again as he always does. Perhaps stomping on them earlier in the best chance

Pros for playing the Texans rather than the Pats:

Nuff said. This game would likely be a 50/50 game that could go either way and I feel much more comfortable winning this individual game and moving on to the next round

So, who would you rather play, assuming we make it? Discuss

Texans. They haven't stopped Luck and TY yet. We match up well with them.

That being said, beating the Pats on the road would be sweeter.

I see at Texans wild card being a W and At Ne being a loss, as much as i would like to see us kick NE out i like our chances of advancing to the divisional against Hou much easier.

I don't care one bit!

First & foremost, make the playoffs. After that, both a Pats or Texans win would be extremely satisfying. 

A win against NE would beat good as a SB to me. Cherry on top for the season.

4 minutes ago, HectorRoberts said:

I would honestly be happier kicking  Brady and McDaniels a$$$ than I would be if we won the Super Bowl.

nah, that's going too far 

23 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I want an Indy Revenge Tour. 

Steelers in round one, Chargers in round two, Pats in round three, Saints for the Chip. 

giphy.gif

37 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I want an Indy Revenge Tour. 

Steelers in round one, Chargers in round two, Pats in round three, Saints for the Chip. 

We can't get steelers in round 1. More likely pats, chargers then steelers

20 minutes ago, Stephen said:

We can't get steelers in round 1. 

The Pats are only a 1/2 game ahead of the Steelers.  Hell, they're only a game ahead of us.  The Pats could drop to the 4 seed.

If we make the playoffs, I believe it's still possible for us to play anyone 1-9.

Going to Gillette would be a better experience in the long term for the young guys.  Beating Mcdaniels and ending the dynasty would be our super bowl.  

Bring on whoever.

I know we can beat both these squads... home or away.

The way the Patriots are playing atm, we would maul them.

As long as they get in I will be relieved.  It would be a shame if they did not after playing so well during this run they are on. Starting out 1-5 and dropping that game to the Jags did not do them any favors. 

The way the Patriots are looking, I don’t want them to have the luxury of the bye and a week to rest, heal up, & gameplan. Make them have to turn right around and play wildcard weekend. And if that has to be us, then so be it.  We’ll never get a better chance to knock them off.  

Slay the dragon and let Luck go Claim the Throne in the Super Bowl.  Time for the Luck Dynasty to begin and Brady era to end.  Luck would gain so much confidence by finally vanquishing Belichick that I think he’d rip on through the rest of the playoffs to the Super Bowl.

Only two teams have clinched a playoff spot in the AFC. In one game a team can go from being the division winner to not making the playoffs.  We could play anyone right now. I can’t believe how wide open it is.

12 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Belichick has had us figured out for years, and the patriots always come alive in the playoffs. For those reasons I’d rather play the Texans 

But we aren’t the same kind of team. We are a different team both on offense and defense. We were really injured when we played them this year but yet we were still in that game until the fourth quarter.

29 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Belichick has had us figured out for years, and the patriots always come alive in the playoffs. For those reasons I’d rather play the Texans 

He hasnt figured this team out. And he doesnt have the personnel to execute this time.

15 hours ago, coltsnation said:

Going to Gillette would be a better experience in the long term for the young guys.  Beating Mcdaniels and ending the dynasty would be our super bowl.  

This all the way. Dream scenario IMO. Could be a taking of the torch moment for the young Colts.

I honestly will not be contempt knowing we haven't beaten tom brady in almost a decade. I want the pats.

First, I just want to get into the post season.

Then, I want conditions where the turf is faster and the temperature is warmer.  Cold , slow, sloppy conditions nullify our strengths, especially on defense.

Teams can be scouted and schemed.  Then it is a matter of who plans and executes better.  But conditions are extraneous factors.

The Houston fans hate the Colts above all other teams. Frankly, I am long past the NE years of disappointing wins over the gone forever Colts teams. Those players and coaches are long gone watching games on the flat screen just like us now. Crush both teams then the game of the year between the Colts and Bolts.

I know the Pats seem vulnerable now, but we've seen this movie before.  Then January comes, the cold weather up there, the refs looking the other way, and it's hard to stop that snowball once it gets rollin.  I would just rather not go down that same road again.  What's the old saying about the definition of insanity?  That said, if we have to we have to.  But I'd MUCH rather go to Houston, Texas personally.  THEN if we need to go to Foxboro so be it.  Probably gonna have to go there at some point if they keep winning.