Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Baldinger/Nelson Dallas game

Moosejawcolt

he makes all the talent around him just all that much better.  It's unbelievable the difference he makes, .. just night and day compared to the o-lines we've had in the past.  if we were healthier just a tad earlier in the season, oh the possibilities. oh and how many cases of dew did skip have to buy?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

And to think there were some who thought Big Q shouldn't have been picked where he was. 

Crow for supper anyone?

The pick was in the middle of the night here, so I remember getting up in the morning and immediately checking our pick, and I was soooo excited! Had a big smile on the face the rest of the day, but couldn't actually pin point why it felt so good... Now I know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Irrelevant said:

It does make you wonder how Nelson treats our own D-Line players during practice! haha

Hopefully the same way.

A related but opposite example.  Tarik Glenn was always a good LT with the Colts but he always struggled with speed rushers.... until the Colts drafted Dwight Freeney, then Glenn became better at handling speed rushers and became a Probowl LT.

We, as fans, and the Colts as a team will see even more of that next year.  The dline will be something fierce after going up against AC, Q, Kelly, Glow and Smith all training camp next year.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

One thing I read, this game (Dallas at Indy) was the first game all season where Dallas did not register a sack.

And looking at the gamebook, Dallas only got 2 QB hurries all game.  That is some elite level line play.

That is testament to the play of all of the O-linemen.

Getting Kelly back made a big difference too.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Hopefully the same way.

A related but opposite example.  Tarik Glenn was always a good LT with the Colts but he always struggled with speed rushers.... until the Colts drafted Dwight Freeney, then Glenn became better at handling speed rushers and became a Probowl LT.

We, as fans, and the Colts as a team will see even more of that next year.  The dline will be something fierce after going up against AC, Q, Kelly, Glow and Smith all training camp next year.

I also remember Autry was one of the few who was giving Nelson fits in training camp. 

• Like 1

Just now, Boiler_Colt said:

Imagine how upset people at the Pro Bowl are gonna be when Nelson is pancaking guys in an exhibition.

IF things go the way I want Nelson will be sitting out the Pro Bowl because he will have a game the following weekend that is a bit more important. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

He actually reminds me of a former Cowboy LG......Larry Allen.

Check this out for comparison.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000221061/Larry-Allen-dominates-Colts-in-1999

This was my comparison before the draft. Q is a rare, rare athlete. Not only is he the biggest, strongest guy on the field, he can move better than everyone else too. Ryan Kelly is a really big center who also moves very well for his size, and he is also incredibly smart. But what Q brings is just different. He is a problem for everyone, except us.

I remember Larry Allen running down a defensive back after an interception on MNF back in the 90s lol. He had that same strange combination of size, strength and pure athleticism, combined with a nasty demeanor. And he was also the most dominate OL I have ever seen. Q is the first guy Ive seen since that reminds me of Larry Allen. Its the ultimate compliment. 

He has been so good, he has been flagged more than Mike McGlynn and everyone is totally cool with it because he is clearly a beast among beasts. And he is only a rookie. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

This was my comparison before the draft. Q is a rare, rare athlete. Not only is he the biggest, strongest guy on the field, he can move better than everyone else too. Ryan Kelly is a really big center who also moves very well for his size, and he is also incredibly smart. But what Q brings is just different. He is a problem for everyone, except us.

I remember Larry Allen running down a defensive back after an interception on MNF back in the 90s lol. He had that same strange combination of size, strength and pure athleticism, combined with a nasty demeanor. And he was also the most dominate OL I have ever seen. Q is the first guy Ive seen since that reminds me of Larry Allen. Its the ultimate compliment. 

He has been so good, he has been flagged more than Mike McGlynn and everyone is totally cool with it because he is clearly a beast among beasts. And he is only a rookie. 

this is soooo disrespectful i think Q will be great but i've never seen anyone like Larry. Heck Larry's story alone is like the movie Blindside he came up very very rough. Larry would throw people and move people like rag dolls. He transcended the position hard to call him a generational player might be a once in a lifetime player. He was a freak. I think he ran like a 4.8 forty in the 90's at 325+ think about that. He could bench 700+ when he would pull he would almost murder people. People feared him from day one. If ya'll have time take a stroll through some youtube reels and even in these videos you don't get the full picture. Some people called Bruce Matthews the best OL some folks ever have seen. But Larry Allen is like the (Thing) from the fantastic 4 playing Guard in the NFL.

• Like 1