Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

So, can someone explain to me

Coffeedrinker

The problem lies in lack of replays available. 

The only thing I can think is Rogers did something to taunt the Cowboy's player at which point he threw the ball at him.  Obviously that should have then resulted in offsetting penalties if that was the case but, without being able to see what happened we might never know.

I usually like to give refs the benefit of the doubt and try and look at a game through neutral eyes from that perspective but some of the calls against the Colts, especially in the first half, were beyond belief.

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

How, after the play is over, a Cowboy's player can hit Chester Rogers in the back of the head with football and TY Hilton gets called for the penalty?

The official game book says "Taunting on Rogers" but anyone who was watching the game knows they called Unsportmans like Conduct on #13.

Although, do you know my favourite part of the whole thing?  If you watch TY going crazy (as anyone would) Nelson comes up to him and tells him to just forget it and move on.....I am obviously guessing at what he said but you could tell from his body language.

The guy is a leader, and a beast.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

I seriously have no idea. I remember seeing the Dallas player toss the ball as Pascal and then the refs placed the penalty on Hilton. It was so bizarre.

I thought the refs were going to cost us the game with after the first quarter.

When that call was followed up on the next series with a  no pass interference call on the deep pass to Hilton I thought the same thing.  Fortunately, in the 2nd half they refs figured all the help they gave to the Cowboys wasn't going to alter the outcome so they stopped.

17 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

The only thing I can think is Rogers did something to taunt the Cowboy's player at which point he threw the ball at him.  Obviously that should have then resulted in offsetting penalties if that was the case but, without being able to see what happened we might never know.

I usually like to give refs the benefit of the doubt and try and look at a game through neutral eyes from that perspective but some of the calls against the Colts, especially in the first half, were beyond belief.

I am done giving the refs the benefit of the doubt.  I have seen too many questionable or head scratching calls in games where I don't care who wins, to think that they (the refs) are not trying to alter the outcome.

I'm really starting to think @Jared Cisneros may be partially correct in that while the outcomes may not be predetermined the refs are going to do things to try and help along certain desired outcomes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya the commentators seemed completely stumped as well, they went back on the replays to try to find what Hilton did and all they came up with was TY calling for a flag on the Cowboy player.

The refs looked lost in the first half IMO and i feel like they threw way too flags on both teams.

20 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Although, do you know my favourite part of the whole thing?  If you watch TY going crazy (as anyone would) Nelson comes up to him and tells him to just forget it and move on.....I am obviously guessing at what he said but you could tell from his body language.

The guy is a leader, and a beast.

Big Q said hey, move on and later in the game, I’ll pancake him and lay the junk to his head. Lol

1 minute ago, Nesjan3 said:

Ya the commentators seemed completely stumped as well, they went back on the replays to try to find what Hilton did and all they came up with was TY calling for a flag on the Cowboy player.

The refs looked lost in the first half IMO and i feel like they threw way too flags on both teams.

What about the fumble late in the game by Mack, all the replays on the Jumbotron appeared to show a knee down and ball in hand, what were the commentators saying about that call and what did you all see at home on replays? The amount of poor calling from refs this year in lots of games, not just colts, have been terrible.  I’m almost ready to have way more calls or penalties being quick reviewed by replays in New York. This product they are giving us are not acceptable in any profession. 

10 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Especially since Hilton was not at all involved in the play.  It was a completed pass to Rogers for the first down, Rogers may have said something but he was walking back to the huddle when he gets hit in the back of the head with the football.

Hilton is 8-10 yards away from the action and he gets called for the penalty.

8 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

What about the fumble late in the game by Mack, all the replays on the Jumbotron appeared to show a knee down and ball in hand, what were the commentators saying about that call and what did you all see at home on replays? The amount of poor calling from refs this year in lots of games, not just colts, have been terrible.  I’m almost ready to have way more calls or penalties being quick reviewed by replays in New York. This product they are giving us are not acceptable in any profession. 

That play was clearly a fumble, they showed a replay of it several times.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That play was clearly a fumble, they showed a replay of it several times.

Ok,  all we could see at the stadium was that it appeared like his knee was down and the ball was in hand but it was a bit fuzzy from our viewpoint. 

There was also the AC block in the back where the defender turned his back to avoid getting pancaked.  That was 25 yards in penalties that helped derail our drive.  And we were moving it well.  Our O-Line truly played like some mauling road graders out there.  They clearly looked amped up to measure themselves against what many consider the best O-line in football and boy did they make a statement.  I bet the Cowboy linebackers spent extra time in the cold tub afterwards.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I am done giving the refs the benefit of the doubt.  I have seen too many questionable or head scratching calls in games where I don't care who wins, to think that they (the refs) are not trying to alter the outcome.

I'm really starting to think @Jared Cisneros may be partially correct in that while the outcomes may not be predetermined the refs are going to do things to try and help along certain desired outcomes.

Week # 3 Philly game anyone? 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

That play coffee was one of the many that really had me going....in the first half at least. We were literally playing against the Cowboys and refs. 

We should get another win for beating the refs 

• Like 1

it's a joke we didn't have a better broadcasting team, more cameras., more attention...this game did have playoff implications and both teams have been on significant rolls....but yet every nfl commentator (chip & others) keep dredging up the jacksonville game regarding Luck and Indy not being for real.  Bayless literally said he couldn't believe Dallas was playing Indianapolis , "Indianapolis !!!", friggin' Indianapolis !! , in the heat of the playoff race...said this game at this time should have been against a big-time franchise, a blue-blood, basically said it was embarrassing, blah blah blah......so arrogant.  so to the play in question (OP) , It was ridiculous of course and america's team prevailed on that call. not "friggin' indianapolis".  

Refs completely took over that drive...for motives we will never know. They did the same thing during the KC/LAC game where KC was gifted not two, but three 1st down on ridiculous 3rd down penalties...that included calling a facemask penalty on Joey Bosa...who was the one having his facemask pulled.

I have seen this multiple times this season...and it's blatant when they do it.

After those terrible calls on that drive with the bogus unsportsmanlike call, I tweeted the official NFL account with an expletive laced tweet calling that crap out.  True Story.  :censored:  :tvsmash:

Pure Tinfoil:  Not long after, the referees stopped with the blatantly terrible calls (despite the missed pass interference on the pass to TY).  No proof of the second part.  :headspin:

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

When that call was followed up on the next series with a  no pass interference call on the deep pass to Hilton I thought the same thing.  Fortunately, in the 2nd half they refs figured all the help they gave to the Cowboys wasn't going to alter the outcome so they stopped.

I thought in the in the 2nd half the refs were better than the 1st half.  My thought was that it was not just the two teams that made halftime adjustments.

2 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

The funniest part...cowboys fans blaming the refs for their loss.

19 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

The funniest part...cowboys fans blaming the refs for their loss.

After a game like this, the most enjoyable thing to do is watch youtube fan responses.  Yes, some Cowboy fans were blaming the refs, but I gotta say the vast majority simply said they got punched in the mouth, got their butts kicked.

Eagle fan responses to the game were the best.

I have felt the past three games or so we have been getting pretty bad calls against us.

The taunting penalty should at the least, been offsetting penalties.

The AC block when the defender turned his back and ducked down, that one had me pretty hot, and yelling at my TV lol.

Then the blatant PI call where there defender arrived quite early on TY and didn't get called, I was starting to say bad things to myself.

The best part is the team persevered and still put it to the Cowboys....now lets finish off the season and make some noise in the post season!