Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coming to Indianapolis

Dark Superman

Indianapolis should be considered one of the top playing destinations for many free agents for the unseeable future. I'm not even talking about cap space or trying to overpay for guys. Chris Ballard has shown the ability to bring in players who won't break the bank or headlines, but show up on every Sunday and produce at a high level. Players that produce for the Colts will be awarded by CB when the time is right. Guys will come here just to play with Andrew Luck alone. Luck is healthy and the Colts are winning which will lure good players to Indianapolis. Players love to play for Frank Reich and Matt Eberflus. Chris Ballard cares about his players and doesn't tolerate any nonsense. I feel like Chris Ballard and Frank Reich can talk any player into signing with Indianapolis. I can literally listen to these two guys talk football for hours.

I honestly can't think of a better place to play if you're a rookie or FA. I love watching our guys play together as one without the distraction of selfish superstars like most teams. I don't think I ever saw such a young team come together as smoothly as this Colts team. I'm so proud to be a Colts fan after the whole Grigson and Pagano mess. This team is going places quick and I truly do believe Luck will have the opportunity to win not only one, but multiple championships.

This team is only going to grow and get better as the years go on. I honestly believe that Chris Ballard is the best GM in football. Frank Reich and Andrew Luck is the perfect marriage. And Matt Eberflus will build us a monster on defense.

I am so pumped up for the future in Indianapolis!

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I think the Bears have a great personality in their locker room with Nagy, Hicks ,Mack, and basically their entire team. And I think Ryan Pace is a very good GM, but not better than ours. So I think Chicago and Indi are great cities for people to want to go in the future.

Nagy, Ballard, these guys are from the same core. Can't go wrong with either one.

20 minutes ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I think the Bears have a great personality in their locker room with Nagy, Hicks ,Mack, and basically their entire team. And I think Ryan Pace is a very good GM, but not better than ours. So I think Chicago and Indi are great cities for people to want to go in the future.

"Club Dub" also looks like a lot of fun! 

• Like 1

In the off-season, when Ebron was very honest about why he signed with Indy (Andrew Luck), I was a bit nervous. No one knew at that point how much rust Luck would need to knock off.  

It’s crazy to look back and compare that to where we are right now. Ebron’s choice paid off. I’m sure more players will want to follow suit next offseason. 

• Like 1

With the way our O-Line and Luck are balling out, many free agents will want to come here.  Look at LeVeon Bell...  He knows 4 or 5 years in the backfield with Luck will make him a lock for a Gold Jacket. 

Throw in Leonard turning heads on D & Coach Flus, I definitely think we are about to be a prime destination for free agents.  But I expect Ballard to be prudent.  The "Super Team" approach rarely works.  Look at the Rams coming back to reality.  Chemistry matters when times get rough.

39 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

With the way our O-Line and Luck are balling out, many free agents will want to come here.  Look at LeVeon Bell...  He knows 4 or 5 years in the backfield with Luck will make him a lock for a Gold Jacket. 

Throw in Leonard turning heads on D & Coach Flus, I definitely think we are about to be a prime destination for free agents.  But I expect Ballard to be prudent.  The "Super Team" approach rarely works.  Look at the Rams coming back to reality.  Chemistry matters when times get rough.

I don't think the Rams are a good example to use.   They are playoff bound and probably will get a bye.   They are loaded with young players and will probably be good for years to come.  

10 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

Screw the bears

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Myles said:

All valid points.   Market size is the only detraction.   Agents love for their guys to sign in big markets.  

That doesn't appear to matter much in the NFL.  Guys wanna go where the can get paid and used properly.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

Indianapolis should be considered one of the top playing destinations for many free agents for the unseeable future. I'm not even talking about cap space or trying to overpay for guys. Chris Ballard has shown the ability to bring in players who won't break the bank or headlines, but show up on every Sunday and produce at a high level. Players that produce for the Colts will be awarded by CB when the time is right. Guys will come here just to play with Andrew Luck alone. Luck is healthy and the Colts are winning which will lure good players to Indianapolis. Players love to play for Frank Reich and Matt Eberflus. Chris Ballard cares about his players and doesn't tolerate any nonsense. I feel like Chris Ballard and Frank Reich can talk any player into signing with Indianapolis. I can literally listen to these two guys talk football for hours.

I honestly can't think of a better place to play if you're a rookie or FA. I love watching our guys play together as one without the distraction of selfish superstars like most teams. I don't think I ever saw such a young team come together as smoothly as this Colts team. I'm so proud to be a Colts fan after the whole Grigson and Pagano mess. This team is going places quick and I truly do believe Luck will have the opportunity to win not only one, but multiple championships.

This team is only going to grow and get better as the years go on. I honestly believe that Chris Ballard is the best GM in football. Frank Reich and Andrew Luck is the perfect marriage. And Matt Eberflus will build us a monster on defense.

I am so pumped up for the future in Indianapolis!

Aaaaand don’t ffffffffergit to take em for ssssome o’ that horthradish sauce over at Tickle Me Elmoz!! 

18DC540E-9565-4A22-BB57-1AE32B11F13C.jpeg