Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Kicker In 2019?

Dark Superman

Halfway through the season I was convinced we should move on from Adam Vinatieri in order to seek a younger kicker. I know Vinatieri was dealing with some injuries so he didn't look too great at the time. He's been lights out these past few weeks and now I'm sitting here wondering if we should keep him another year if he decides to play another NFL season. I'm literally torn right now. What do you all think?

9 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Halfway through the season I was convinced we should move on from Adam Vinatieri in order to seek a younger kicker. I know Vinatieri was dealing with some injuries so he didn't look too great at the time. He's been lights out these past few weeks and now I'm sitting here wondering if we should keep him another year if he decides to play another NFL season. I'm literally torn right now. What do you all think?

I felt exactly the same way but now I say; sign him even though he seems more accurate from 50 than he does on extra points. :)

3 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

If he decides to play another season, I wouldn't hesitate to sign him. 

Even a struggling Vinny is much more desirable than potentially being placed in the position the chargers and buccaneers were in the past couple years. We got lucky in that Rigo is such a quality punter to replace Mcafee, but it’s rare a team goes straight from a star kicker to another stud without some hiccups in between. We should keep the goat as long as he wants to play, and then hope we can find a good young replacement after he does hang up the cleats

10 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I've been wrong about this guy several times.

I thought he was washed up 6 years ago when I first came to this forum.

6 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

I wish we didn’t let Badgley go. We should have kept him on the practice squad at least. Having Vinny mentor him for a couple of seasons would have been great. He didn’t miss anything in the preseason and he is 14/15 with a long of 59 since being picked up by the chargers

I totally forgot that we had him. Oh well!!! I am sure Ballard will find another good one.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I totally forgot that we had him. Oh well!!! I am sure Ballard will find another good one.

Ya I just remember during training camp and preseason I thought we could potentially move on from Vinny because this new kid was hitting everything. I hope Ballard can find another good one. Like QBs, good kickers are very hard to come by.