Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Turay

Dark Superman

52 minutes ago, DarkSuperman said:

Haven't heard much on him in a while. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Turay so far this season.

He's had a good rookie year. Seems like he'll be a very good rotational player on our D-Line for us. Not sure if he was a healthy scratch or just didn't get anything on the stat-line today, but he's been very good throughout the year.

• Like 1

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Another thing to factor, that and we’ve played 3 run heavy teams lately.

That's true too. I remember Ballard said he was drafting certain D-Lineman for certain roles, so it makes sense. Even so, Lewis still got two sacks yesterday and looked very impressive. Turay will probably be used against better pass offenses and better QBs. Nice seeing Lewis finally though. He impressed me.

• Thanks 1

Could be injury-related...but I think it’s matchup-based...and with Barkley and Henry the next two weeks...it will be much of the same.

Turay has all of the tools...except strength. He’s just going to have to get stronger to play in the base defense.

Colts can’t just plan on that happening though...so hopefully they will get at least one DE this off-season...and allow Lewis to play DT.

55 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Could be injury-related...but I think it’s matchup-based...and with Barkley and Henry the next two weeks...it will be much of the same.

Turay has all of the tools...except strength. He’s just going to have to get stronger to play in the base defense.

Colts can’t just plan on that happening though...so hopefully they will get at least one DE this off-season...and allow Lewis to play DT.

I’d argue it’s not so much being strong enough to play the base D but enough to be versatile when we go nickel. 

IIRC we were in nickel a lot against Dallas. But I’ve not checked that properly tbf. 

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

He's had a good rookie year. Seems like he'll be a very good rotational player on our D-Line for us. Not sure if he was a healthy scratch or just didn't get anything on the stat-line today, but he's been very good throughout the year.

Don't think they have used him as much since Lewis has been back.

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Don't think they have used him as much since Lewis has been back.

Yeah, I also said that in this thread. I think they are used for different types of teams. Turay is used more for the pass rush, and Lewis is used more against the run. Luckily, Lewis can rush the passer as well. I'd like to see them get a healthy amount of snaps every game though.

3 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I’d argue it’s not so much being strong enough to play the base D but enough to be versatile when we go nickel. 

IIRC we were in nickel a lot against Dallas. But I’ve not checked that properly tbf. 

Yeah...true. Versatility is the key...being able to play against team that have heavily-utilized RBs.

Whoever said the mush rush is on target, I believe.  Mariota, Watson, Prescott - Eberflus is combining a mush rush with blitzing.  Haven't seen a lot of wide, sweeping rushes.  Might see more of Turay vs. Eli.  

If we play the Pats again, I hope we see less of Turay, honestly.  They will just Freeney him with screens and passes to the flat like they did last time.  They wrote the book on it.

On 12/17/2018 at 2:29 AM, DarkSuperman said:

Haven't heard much on him in a while. Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on Turay so far this season.

Found an article on him dressing but not playing against the Cowboys.  Interesting read.  https://www.1070thefan.com/blogs/kevins-corner/colts-coverage/colts-notebook-why-did-rookie-kemoko-turay-not-play-sunday

The fact that we are talking positively about 2 rookies (Lewis,Turray) who CB Drafted in the Mid to late rounds suggest that this is the most impressive set of Colt rookies this team has had in a very long time.

I think this nucleus of Nelson, Leonard, B. Smith, Lewis, Turray, Hines, Odum, even the injured Clemson WR will be the foundation of a championship run. Especially after next years draft.

4 minutes ago, Rackeen305 said:

The fact that we are talking positively about 2 rookies (Lewis,Turray) who CB Drafted in the Mid to late rounds suggest that this is the most impressive set of Colt rookies this team has had in a very long time.

I think this nucleus of Nelson, Leonard, B. Smith, Lewis, Turray, Hines, Odum, even the injured Clemson WR will be the foundation of a championship run. Especially after next years draft.

Not to mention Adams.

• Like 1