Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Castonzo says this game is the most fun he's had in his NFL career

The play I mentioned came at 11:53 of the 3rd quarter, AC actually pulled and went into the hole a put the big hit on LVE as Mack ran through a huge hole to gain 22 yards to the Dallas 6.  Mack scored on the next run. 

I see Haeg is  a topic of discussion, he played well yesterday, and is a decent utility type player, back-up as he did yesterday.  We have good depth now besides the starter Glowinski, we have Boehm and I like what I seen of Andrews a couple games ago.  It seem like our O-line is developing a fraternity, like if you come in, there are high standards to play too.  Instead, who is going to screw up next.

Braden Smith is underrated in all this but many is know he is also a key to our success and a keeper.  He did have a whiff yesterday, when the DE got buy him and forced Luck to hurry his pass to TY in the end zone and missed.  Would have been a TD if he made the block.  We scored on the next play though.  Remember, he is rookie and he did not start until we went on our winning streak, interesting coincidence. 

LaRaven Clark, not sure about him, has the physical attributes but I'm concerned our QB may get hurt with one of his miss blocks. 

On 12/17/2018 at 12:31 AM, bsteves said:
On 12/17/2018 at 1:25 AM, WoolMagnet said:

All jokes aside........ I like!

better than "build the monster" and "ColtsStrong" (which i always thought should be "ColtStrong"

COLTure. .......:  sums it up i think

COLTure****

Its so simple and fits what this team is doing so well.  Marketing should run with that.  Better than the EARNED slogan they were running with too.

Well done bsteves!

22 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

If David Irving had played Haeg would have been abused as is his usual.

The idea he is acceptable as more than a mediocrity is just wrong.

Irving hasn't played since October,   and has only played 2 games all season.   I doubt his addition would have changed anything at all in the game

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Coincidentally this is the most fun I've had watching AC and the Colts O-line during his career too :D 

AC was really good at run blocking on Sunday, which to be fair, has always been a strong part of his game. That left side of the line is scary destructive.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Superman said:

The Colts gave up 27 sacks last season in six divisional games, including 14 to the Jags alone.

They've given up 16 sacks so far this season. Total. 

That is an interesting take on it.  So I looked it up, they have given up 9 sacks in five divisional games.  6 to the Texans.  So 4.5/game last year to 1.8 this year.

it's not all the oline but a large part of it is.

winning makes it fun...

....winning creates culture....

..few discussed the fun they were having when we were 1-5.

To me, we have some players this year we didnt have last year.

Maybe I'm over simplifying it but our starting lineup is just different from what it was last season....

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

That is an interesting take on it.  So I looked it up, they have given up 9 sacks in five divisional games.  6 to the Texans.  So 4.5/game last year to 1.8 this year.

it's not all the oline but a large part of it is.

The line is definitely more talented, and definitely playing better. And a huge part of it is scheme and QB decision making. The scheme and time to throw are obvious.

But something that I think Luck has improved on is avoiding pressure in the pocket. He always had a good pocket presence, but he was a warrior who was willing to take contact. Now he seems to be better at buying time, navigating the pocket without leaving the pocket -- and it helps to have a pocket, which is new -- and those adjustments have reduced the amount of times that he gets hit while throwing, before throwing, after throwing, etc. 

• Like 3