Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quincy Wilson

Dark Superman

I remember hating the pick when Chris Ballard picked Wilson in the 2nd round of the 2017 NFL Draft. I swore Wilson was going to be a bust and he seemed to be heading in that direction for the first year and a half as a member of the Colts. Perhaps he just needed a little more time to adjust to the NFL level or maybe Matt Eberflus just knows how to get the best out of his players, but Wilson seems to be emerging as a solid NFL corner. I love his size and how physical he can be off the line. He's not the fastest guy but reminds me a little of Richard Sherman.

I finally got to watch a game and Wilson was very solid today. I'm hoping CB either signs or draft another corner high, but I feel very confident moving forward with Wilson as our #1 guy.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I remember hating the pick when Chris Ballard picked Wilson in the 2nd round of the 2017 NFL Draft. I swore Wilson was going to be a bust and he seemed to be heading in that direction for the first year and a half as a member of the Colts. Perhaps he just needed a little more time to adjust to the NFL level or maybe Matt Eberflus just knows how to get the best out of his players, but Wilson seems to be emerging as a solid NFL corner. I love his size and how physical he can be off the line. He's not the fastest guy but reminds me a little of Richard Sherman.

I finally got to watch a game and Wilson was very solid today. I'm hoping CB either signs or draft another corner high, but I feel very confident moving forward with Wilson as our #1 guy.

Did you not see the article where Quincy said it was Mike Mitchel who got his head back on straight?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

hes been playing much better since

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wilson, Moore II, and Desir have been playing with confidence with Geathers and Hooker over the top supporting them.

George Odum has been slowly and quietly been showing up in minutes played and on the stat sheet....yet another UDFA gem.

Still would LOVE for Collins to turn the corner and add a "free" 1st Round talent at corner to add to that group!

• Like 3

CB and SS are still genuine needs. That said, Wilson played himself a game today. He’s light years ahead of where he was last year. Which is all you can ask of a young player. His future suddenly looks much brighter. Thank you, Mr Mitchell. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I keep waiting for that secondary to implode.  I thought it might happen against the Texans.  I thought it might happen against the cowboys, but they keep surprising.  The run d has been pretty solid the entire year.  Now the pass d is coming around.  The pundits were saying the Colts d had very little talent and were just playing over their heads.  That may not be true today.  

14 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

I'm sort of the opposite of you.  I loved the draft pick, loved his versatility in terms of CB/S, loved his length, etc.  He really let me down in his first year.  This year has been better.  There are signs and flashes.  But I'm still not entirely sold on him being our long term answer.  Love him for depth, just would still like to see CB grab another CB in the draft or FA.  I still want to see him in the rotation, but perhaps as a secondary guy.  He's still VERY young, and he is still learning and maturing, so he still has time to improve.  Just at THIS point, I still wouldn't mind adding another guy there.

Seeing what Mitchell has done for him, I think the best option would be to bring a vet FA corner in to mentor him even more.  Mitchell doesn't even play his position and has helped him.  Imagine a vet that could take him under his wing at his position.  I think it would do even more for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Seems like once Eberflus started blitzing more...everyone got better. Wonder what took so long.

Yes, sir, I still think that elite QBs with empty RB looks like the Steelers and Patriots used will give us fits, more so the Steelers because how well their OL protects. Chargers continue to live dangerously despite Rivers' turnovers or mistakes because their D is very opportunistic, but Rivers does not have a quick release like Brady or an out of the pocket presence like Big Ben or Mahomes.

Patriots and Steelers are still difficult matchups for us, IMO, because we cannot blitz them like we can with Deshaun Watson or even Rivers.

3 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Patriots and Steelers are still difficult matchups for us, IMO, because we cannot blitz them like we can with Deshaun Watson or even Rivers.

This is about a month old, but Brady isn't performing well against the blitz: https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/12/no-quarterback-has-been-worse-against-the-blitz-than-tom-brady/

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

This is about a month old, but Brady isn't performing well against the blitz: https://thebiglead.com/2018/11/12/no-quarterback-has-been-worse-against-the-blitz-than-tom-brady/

Their numbers at home vs numbers on the road are day and night too. I wonder if that is factoring in as well. Gronk, Hogan and Gordon are not separating like they anticipated them to, so teams can double team Edelman and sometimes Gronk and make life miserable for them. Plus, their DL is getting bullied vs the run.

So, does this mean they are a good matchup for us if we don't bow to Tom Brady and give it all we got? :) 

10 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Their numbers at home vs numbers on the road are day and night too. I wonder if that is factoring in as well. Gronk, Hogan and Gordon are not separating like they anticipated them to, so teams can double team Edelman and sometimes Gronk and make life miserable for them. Plus, their DL is getting bullied vs the run.

Yeah, and they finish at home against two bad teams, so those home/road splits will likely hold up. They basically never lose at home in December or January, but this year they've been bad on the road, including the last two weeks. 

And they look weak up front on defense, and lack explosiveness on offense, no matter where they play. They're still the Patriots, and should be treated as such until proven otherwise, but they look vulnerable, and that includes Brady.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

He got cheated on that holding call yesterday. Cleanest coverage anyone could hope for, and the ref found a way to flag him. 

Go to any Cowboys message board, and there are many posts about how they got jobbed by the officials.

Kind of funny, actually. It's reflective of the fact that there were more threads pregame about their upcoming PO's and whether or not the Colts were good enough to get the game flexed. Fortunate for their sake, regarding the outcome, it didn't. 

21 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

He attributed his drastic turn around to the help of Mike Mitchell. Mitchell has taken him under his wing and has taught him how to prepare like a true pro. 

9 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Go to any Cowboys message board, and there are many posts about how they got jobbed by the officials.

Kind of funny, actually. It's reflective of the fact that there were more threads pregame about their upcoming PO's and whether or not the Colts were good enough to get the game flexed. Fortunate for their sake, regarding the outcome, it didn't. 

I visited a couple just to see their take on the game and I didn't see many "the refs beat us" type posts. 

Mostly a lot of people complaining about Garret and other coaches...and a ton of infighting between Dak haters vs. his supporters. The most off base thing I seen was many Dak supporters were comparing Lucks and Daks stats from the game to try to make their point of Dak and Luck being much closer in talent level than the "Dak haters" would admit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

I was gonna post that in the other thread about officiating, every team's fan base thinks their team got robbed on Sunday. The officiating is bad across the board this season.