Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-2.5) at Pittsburgh (12-16-18)

oldunclemark

4:25 EST   Jim Nantz,  "Mr Annoying" Tony Romo and Tracy Wolfson on CBS

Upper 30s with a chance of rain at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh - over-under at 52

NE star 'Shady" Tom Brady (313 of 477, 3,700 yards, 23 TDs, 8 INTs) has benefitted greatly from RB James White who has caught 776 passes for 674 yards. Josh Gordon (39 catches, 701 yards), Rob Gronkowksi (43 catches, 637 yards) and Julian Edelman (56 catches, 621 yards) are experienced hands.  Pats have drown just 70 accepted penalties all season in 13 games, lowest in the NFL.  I'm not saying. I'm just saying.:thinking:

Pats threw away last week's game at Miami and they are just 3-3 away from home has 41 QB sacks, led by TJ Watt (11 sacks) but only six pas interceptions. ..and Brady has been sacked just 18 times.

Pittsburgh's 'Big Ben' Rothlisberger (366 of 546, 4,227 yards, 28 TDs. 13 INTs) averages 41 passes a game and most go to '1,000-yard boys' Antonio Brown (86 catches, 1,063 yards) and JuJu Schuster (901 catches, 1,234 yards)

.RB James Conner (201 carries, 909 yards, 12 TDs) should play after a concussion.

In truth, everybody who can walk plays for the Steelers who have lost three in a row. If Pittsburgh (7-5-1) loses and Baltimore (7-6) wins at home over Tampa, the Steelers will be one loss away from missing the playoffs.

NE (9-4) is one game behind both KC (11-3) and San Diego (11-3) for the No.1 seed in the AFC a win here clinches a home playoff game.

The Pats need to win. The Steelers MUST win.

I think the number (52) is too low. Both teams light up the scoreboard. Take the over.

• Like 1

Well, Steelers get the ball first.

Game over.

Patriots win.

Steelers will punt quickly on their opening drive, and then Brady will blow down the field for the opening TD to take control of the game and demoralize the Steelers.

Then Brady will get the TD to end the first half, get the ball back, get the TD to start the second half and completely put this game out of reach.

And then the Patirots have two free wins to end the season (Bills and Jets at home).

Go Chiefs/Chargers!

Doesn't matter.

Brady will easily blow down the field for the TD and get that back. Then they'll force the Steelers to punt after 3 plays.

The Patriots also have the guaranteed two touchdowns (end of first half/start of 2nd half) as a reward for deferring.

Still looking like an easy Patriots win.

1 minute ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Patriots will be lucky to make it to the AFC championship game.. 3 seed if they lose this game.. 

Nope, they're still heavily favored to reach the Super Bowl.

And that interception just got them back into the game.

Brady will now blow down the field for the easy TD.

They'll get another TD to close the half out and one to open up the second half.

Lol yupp. Bad throw

Just now, buffalo34 said:

They'll get another TD to close the half out and one to open up the second half.

Have you noticed a trend with the pats this year... start the game on fire.. then muddle muddle muddle.. 

4 minutes ago, buffalo34 said:

Or you know, they may punt

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The patriots are getting manhandled. They look like a bunch of old men.

Well just as I say that they pick off Ben.

Chloe.  I agree.

Pick aside.....we've all seen this matchup a lot and this looks a little different.

Pittsburgh seems to have a step on the Pat's defense and Ben appears to  be  close to 100%

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Lol Jim.. "Brady hit his first 5 passes of the day including the one to Hogan for the TD"... If he didn't hit Hogan it'd be a travesty... Nobody was within 20 yards of him

I wonder if anyone has stats of contested passes such as this one and where Brady ranks compares to Manning, Brees, Marino, etc. My guess is it would change the narrative quite a bit. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

But bill isn't the engine of this dynasty... Lol:thmup:

Defence aside, and I am biased, but Manning's 2004 season (maybe with some help from Warner & co) set the stage for Brady, Brees, and Rodgers to put up Star Wars numbers.