Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2018 Draft, A look back

Can we discuss how special this class might end up being?  It is still super early to tell but if players avoid injuries and continue trajectory this class can be super special. Especially on defense.

Take a look at how many players have potential to be future stars:

DL - Bradley Chubb, Daron Payne, Da'Shawn Hand, Marcus Davenport, Harold Landry

Chubb was no doubt going to be a game wrecker and I knew Landry would do well.  But I was a huge downer on Davenport and he is becoming a force on that Saints line.  Chubb will be probably the only one to reach superstar status of this bunch but I think the other 2 have an outside chance at becoming pro bowlers.

Linebackers - Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, Leighton Vander Esch, Fred Warner, Josey Jewell

I've got to pat myself on the back here.  I knew this linebacker class would be special.  I just didn't know it was going to be this special.  Leonard and LVE look to be the next premier talent at linebacker.  Roquan is setup to have an amazing defense around him and he is starting to show his star quality.  Warner looks to be a linebacker you can build a defense around and Jewell (the guy I was probably the most worried about due to athleticism) seems to be really fitting in with that Broncos front. That isn't including the potential of Edmunds who still flashes it in Buffalo but looks super raw and the potential of some like Jefferson/Evans.

Corner - Denzel Ward, Minkah Fitzpatrick

Ward has cooled off as of late but still has playmaking ability.  He looks to be a future pro bowler.  Fitzpatrick may never be a Revis island but man is he versatile.  I'm not sure he will ever be a super star but he for sure looks to be a playmaker. 

Safeties - Derwin James, Jessie Bates

Derwin freaking James.  Yea this guy is going to be good.  Real good.  He can cover a 1/3 much like our very own Malik can and seems to have instincts that are off the charts.  Sadly for Bates his team looks terrible but he has shown some play making ability.  I fear he is going to get blown up across the middle though as he just looks frail.  If he stays healthy though I'd think he can make some noise in the AFC North. 

• Like 1