Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As much as it pains me to say it........we need to root for the pats

CR91

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I hate the Steelers but I hate the Patriots and cowboys more lol also hate the saints lol

Only teams I truly hate are the Pats and Steelers. I hated we lost to the Saints in the SB but I like Brees. I do not even hate the Texans, I like JJ Watt but they are a Division rival so I do not like the team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Only teams I truly hate are the Pats and Steelers. I hated we lost to the Saints in the SB but I like Brees. I do not even hate the Texans, I like JJ Watt but they are a Division rival so I do not like the team. 

Any team that ever beats my teams in a championship scenario they will be blacklisted the cowboys are just annoying and the American team thing is stupid same reason I hate the Lakers and pistons in basketball they both cost my team shots at championships 

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Any team that ever beats my teams in a championship scenario they will be blacklisted the cowboys are just annoying and the American team thing is stupid same reason I hate the Lakers and pistons in basketball they both cost my team shots at championships 

I do hate the Pistons. That brawl which they started by Ben Wallace cost Reggie a possible Championship. The Lakers in 2000 when we lost to them just had a better team. Our 1998 team would've had a better chance to beat them with a tad younger Reggie and Rik + we had Antonio Davis as well that year. We had Jordan beat.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do hate the Pistons. That brawl which they started by Ben Wallace cost Reggie a possible Championship. The Lakers in 2000 when we lost to them just had a better team. Our 1998 team would've had a better chance to beat them with a tad younger Reggie and Rik + we had Antonio Davis as well that year. We had Jordan beat.

Ron Artest was the one who charged the fans. He is the one responsible for starting the fight that got so many Pacers suspended. Just saying.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ron Artest was the one who charged the fans. He is the one responsible for starting the fight that got so many Pacers suspended. Just saying.

I get that but Ben Wallace was frustrated and started the fight because we were kicking their tail by 20 points. Ron actually walked away but then got a beer thrown him. I guess Ron should've just controlled himself after getting a beer thrown him so yes that is his fault. Ben started the whole thing though if you back and watch. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I get that but Ben Wallace was frustrated and started the fight because we were kicking their tail by 20 points. Ron actually walked away but then got a beer thrown him. I guess Ron should've just controlled himself after getting a beer thrown him so yes that is his fault. Ben started the whole thing though if you back and watch. 

What Wallace did was on the court. What Artest did involved fans. Big difference.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

What Wallace did was on the court. What Artest did involved fans. Big difference.

It is a big difference but none of it would've happened had Ben not started it is my point. Then you have Pistons fans that think they can commit Assault and Battery which that person did by throwing a beer on Ron. Is that right? How would you act if someone threw a beer in your face? Answer honestly.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It is a big difference but none of it would've happened had Ben not started it is my point. Then you have Pistons fans that think they can commit Assault and Battery which that person did by throwing a beer on Ron. Is that right? How would you act if someone threw a beer in your face? Answer honestly.

Let security handle it. Every player in the NBA were told what the penalty would be if they ever put their hands on a fan.

Yes Wallace started a fight on the court. It was not his fault a fan acted the way he did just like it was not his fault Artest lost his mind.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Let security handle it. Every player in the NBA were told what the penalty would be if they ever put their hands on a fan.

Yes Wallace started a fight on the court. It was not his fault a fan acted the way he did just like it was not his fault Artest lost his mind.

I agree and you agree that Wallace started it, that is all I initially said and my main point. Had Wallace not started it, none of it would've happened. 

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree and you agree that Wallace started it, that is all I initially said and my main point. Had Wallace not started it, none of it would've happened. 

I think you are misdirecting who was a fault with the Pacer players getting suspended.

Yes Wallace shoved Artest on the court but what happened after that was pure on Artest and Jackson.

7 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you are misdirecting who was a fault with the Pacer players getting suspended.

Yes Wallace shoved Artest on the court but what happened after that was pure on Artest and Jackson.

I get that but had Wallace not started it, none of it what of happened. That was I was saying from the start. Of course Ron acted like a fool and so did Jack.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I used to hate that cocky butt smile/grin Hines Ward always had. He was a dirty player too. 

That's funny you say that...I used to hate Hines Ward myself. Just last week I was finally able to watch the 2005 AFC Divisional game again...For years that game haunted me.

1 minute ago, ThaCaliColt said:

And to think- all that was in front of us after that was a Broncos team which we had literally owned in those days...And the Seahawks...No disrespect to the Hawks, but the 2005 Colts were heavy hitters in a league of their own. Loved '06, but man I never got over '05.

Yeah we would've beat the Broncos by 20 haha . I know it's nuts. 

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

Yes I know im getting banned from the I love you peyton fan club for even considering rooting for the pats, however If we win vs the cowboys and the steelers lose vs the pats, we'll be 8-6 and the steelers will be 7-6-1. we'll move up to the 6th seed regardless if the ravens win or lose and their playing the bucs which is likely a win

No. We will root for the Steelers to lose ;)

11 hours ago, Superman said:

I root for two things on Sundays: The Colts to win, and the Pats to lose. That's especially true in the playoffs.

I'd rather see the Pats drop down to the 3rd or 4th, where maybe they'd be vulnerable in the wild card or divisional round. And to be honest, I think the Colts match up favorably against the Pats right now, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts go to Foxborough for a wild card game.

They’re ripe for the picking!

:peek:

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

JJ Watt is an all around stellar human being

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Nadine said:

JJ Watt is an all around stellar human being

I used to dislike him back when I saw the additional practice segment on Hard Knocks that just screamed of "for the cameras" and I just saw him as a big jock who was excellent at football.

However, having seen all the charity work he does and even just the stuff he does before and after games with fans, he really does seem to be a top guy.

• Like 2

grunch

I want New England to end up with the 3rd seed.  As far as I can tell, if NE loses 1 more and Houston wins out, Houston gets the #2 seed.

What could POSSIBLY be better than one-and-doneing the *s right out of the playoffs in their own hometown in the WILD CARD round?

So,

- go Steelers, or Bills, or Jets, I don't care which one as long as it's only one of them,

- go Houston against Cle, Philly and Jax, and

- go either the Saints over the Steelers or the Chargers or the Ravens

That will set up Indy@NE in the wild-card round!

15 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't even have any negative feelings toward the Steelers. I didn't know so many Colts fans hated them.

They screwed us in the 1995 AFC Title Game (well the REFS did), I hate them :rock:. They got away with holding alot against us in that game and Kordell Stewart went out of bounds and came back in to catch a TD. The REFS were right there looking at it but ruled it a TD, no Instant Replay in 1995. Any time they play in a Playoff game or SB you count on a game changing lousy call going their way. See SB 40 vs Seattle. I don't even like Seattle and they got screwed so bad that it looked rigged.

15 hours ago, Superman said:

I don't even have any negative feelings toward the Steelers. I didn't know so many Colts fans hated them.

i can add something that hasnt been mentioned yet.  the colts record is incredibly bad against them

6-24 all time, and only three wins since the team moved to indy.  one of those was in 1984 too!

34 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

1996 was just yesterday to a lot of Colts fans.... then add 2005 to that and it's understandable.

Exactly, nothing against them personally.  They seem like a good organization.  However, I still crave revenge

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Exactly, nothing against them personally.  They seem like a good organization.  However, I still crave revenge

I understand wanting to beat them. I didn't know there was so much hostility toward them, though. But oh well, "sports hate" is incredible.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

I understand wanting to beat them. I didn't know there was so much hostility toward them, though. But oh well, "sports hate" is incredible.

I don't care about them unless it affects the colts, in this case, it sort of does

I guess yeah, sort of hostile

On 12/13/2018 at 9:48 AM, CR91 said:

Yes I know im getting banned from the I love you peyton fan club for even considering rooting for the pats, however If we win vs the cowboys and the steelers lose vs the pats, we'll be 8-6 and the steelers will be 7-6-1. we'll move up to the 6th seed regardless if the ravens win or lose and their playing the bucs which is likely a win

It's pretty much common knowledge at this point that we need New England to win, & I have no problem rooting for them when it obviously increases our chances to make the playoffs. We can't have it both ways.