Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

As much as it pains me to say it........we need to root for the pats

CR91

Yes I know im getting banned from the I love you peyton fan club for even considering rooting for the pats, however If we win vs the cowboys and the steelers lose vs the pats, we'll be 8-6 and the steelers will be 7-6-1. we'll move up to the 6th seed regardless if the ravens win or lose and their playing the bucs which is likely a win

• Like 1

Additionally, there's a scenario where if we win out, and the Dolphins win out, they could take their division, and the Pats could bump us from the 6 seed, so we MAY need the Pats to win another game. Maybe two of the three,.... don't know.

I'm concentrating more on the Vikings taking it to the Dolphins this weekend. If they do, I think the above scenario is removed. But, of course, a Colts win this weekend helps A LOT.

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't care about any possible playoff scenarios, I will never root for the Pats.

Oddly enough I will never root for the Steelers either, so I'm hoping this one is a tie.

A tie would benefit the steelers a lot more then us. We need them or the ravens to lose.

21 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I don't care about any possible playoff scenarios, I will never root for the Pats.

Oddly enough I will never root for the Steelers either, so I'm hoping this one is a tie.

Agreed.

but, this'll be a tough game. I'd hate to see either team get dinged up for, or even miss, the playoffs.

:nose:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

My two most hated teams. I hope they clobber the heck outta each other and look like a mash unit 

afterwards.

Maybe we can have the patriots beating the Steelers while the Steelers knockout Brady girly pants out for the season. I hate Brady because of his arrogance. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nadine said:

For me Steeler Loss > Pats Loss

So, I'm on board

I'm in.

30 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nadine you are a true Steelers hater and I love it :thmup:. I hate both teams but a Pats win would benefit us this week so I go by circumstance when it comes to the Colts. So I agree with your Post. Pats had their funny moment last week as well.

We Steelers haters will never change. We've seen too much... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

Yes I know im getting banned from the I love you peyton fan club for even considering rooting for the pats, however If we win vs the cowboys and the steelers lose vs the pats, we'll be 8-6 and the steelers will be 7-6-1. we'll move up to the 6th seed regardless if the ravens win or lose and their playing the bucs which is likely a win

:flag::locked:

46 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nadine you are a true Steelers hater and I love it :thmup:. I hate both teams but a Pats win would benefit us this week so I go by circumstance when it comes to the Colts. So I agree with your Post. Pats had their funny moment last week as well.

I hated the Steelers first so, it's a bigger hate. #FanLogic

1 hour ago, Superman said:

I root for two things on Sundays: The Colts to win, and the Pats to lose. That's especially true in the playoffs.

I'd rather see the Pats drop down to the 3rd or 4th, where maybe they'd be vulnerable in the wild card or divisional round. And to be honest, I think the Colts match up favorably against the Pats right now, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts go to Foxborough for a wild card game.

I totally with you on your first sentence. Not sure I'm on board with the second paragraph. You have to get in the playoffs before you can advance and we very well could need the Steelers to lose both those tough games to get in. A Miami loss , 2 Steeler losses and two colt wins with one coming at Tenn. gets us in ? I think so ... Your scenario pretty much means we have to win out and that's easier said than done.

I root for two things on Sundays: The Colts to win, and the Pats to lose. That's especially true in the playoffs.

I'd rather see the Pats drop down to the 3rd or 4th, where maybe they'd be vulnerable in the wild card or divisional round. And to be honest, I think the Colts match up favorably against the Pats right now, and I wouldn't mind seeing the Colts go to Foxborough for a wild card game.

What's this? Logic? :scratch:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's always a good day when the Pats and the Steelers lose a game.

I try not to think about different scenarios because the Colts have to play their way into the playoffs. When you depend on other teams and what they do it means you didn't play well enough yourself.

I would be happy if the Colts made the playoffs naturally and would be rooting big time but backing into the playoffs never seems to work out.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's always a good day when the Pats and the Steelers lose a game.

I try not to think about different scenarios because the Colts have to play their way into the playoffs. When you depend on other teams and what they do it means you didn't play well enough yourself.

I would be happy if the Colts made the playoffs naturally and would be rooting big time but backing into the playoffs never seems to work out.

I mean, it's true in terms of our franchise history. The 2010 season comes to mind where I think we were in a very similar, almost identical situation... 

Screw that.  I'm rooting for the Colts to win out and Pats to lose out.

That puts us at 10-6 and them at 9-7.  Hopefully they lose their division and miss the playoffs entirely.  I will never root for them to win as long as Brady and Bilechick (spelled that way on purpose) are allowed to cheat and keep their rings.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Steelers are public enemy number one on my hit list...Every time I see that punk Antonio Brown's sickening smile, I want to get into the ring with him...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

I totally with you on your first sentence. Not sure I'm on board with the second paragraph. You have to get in the playoffs before you can advance and we very well could need the Steelers to lose both those tough games to get in. A Miami loss , 2 Steeler losses and two colt wins with one coming at Tenn. gets us in ? I think so ... Your scenario pretty much means we have to win out and that's easier said than done.

I'm like Coffee, I don't worry too much about all the variables and playoff scenarios. I know we need help to get in, even if we win out, so I'm not too wrapped up in all that. And if we don't win out, and come up short in a complicated tie breaker, my heart will go on. Should have won a couple of those early games. Should have scored against the Jags.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CR91 said:

Im rooting for Pittsburgh cause I don't care ill never root for them patriots ever for anything.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

Pats going to lose on purpose to try and ruin Colts chances. They are good at it.

They would probably try and screw us but in this case they can't. They need to win now after what happened last week. Here is a fact, in the Brady/BB era they have never won the AFC without a Bye week. Meaning if they do not finish in the top 2 they aren't winning the Conference in all likely hood.

• Like 1

I'm like Coffee, I don't worry too much about all the variables and playoff scenarios. I know we need help to get in, even if we win out, so I'm not too wrapped up in all that. And if we don't win out, and come up short in a complicated tie breaker, my heart will go on. Should have won a couple of those early games. Should have scored against the Jags.

Exactly.