Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stephen A Smith Proves He Doesn't Watch Football

DaveA1102

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Steven A is going to have a hard time — a HARD DAMN TIME — living that one down.    As well he should.

Embarrassing doesn’t even begin to cover it....    Humiliating does...   but Steven A’s ego is much too big for that...

:facepalm:

Yeah that was pretty bad. I am sure he is thinking about that right now especially with his ego and his knowledge. 

13 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Even the Chargers now getting involved with the jabs at Smith, lol.

I think the Chargers response is simply.....  PERFECT!!

One if the funniest posts you’ll ever see a professional sports franchise make!

Bravo, Chargers!    Well done!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/15/2018 at 2:42 AM, LockeDown said:

Just like James Earl Jones was the voice of CNN, ESPN should have Stephen A Smiths voice ranting nonsense. That’s what they have become 

ESPN has roughly 9,000 people.    And you’re downgrading them because SAS made a fool of himself?

Seriously?   Really?

52 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

ESPN has roughly 9,000 people.    And you’re downgrading them because SAS made a fool of himself?

Seriously?   Really?

ESPN has went down hill alot over the last 5 years. Their website isn't near as good as it used to be either. Their play by play stalls alot more than it used too when following games and you need Facebook to chat on their Site. Also you can't comment on topics anymore, only on the game threads you can and they are full of Spam. One reason why I visited that Site was to read the comments so that is real bad they blocked people from commenting on topics. Makes no sense to me.

-Regarding their employees, I do agree that not all of them are bad. I like the Golic/Wingo show in the morning, that is pretty good actually. When it comes to First Take, I am just a sucker for debate shows because I love to debate myself, so now and then I will watch Stephen A and Max debate but it's mainly to see what silly thing they will say next. It's like entertainment to me watching them but I do not watch much. Just like watching Skip Bayless, it's comical entertainment more than anything.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Seriously.  He always makes a fool out of himself 

I don’t disagree!   I’m on your side over SAS.

But why downgrade an entire network because of one blowhard.  I make a point not to watch his shows or any other show where he’s a guest.   I don’t much care for him.

But ESPN has lots of good stuff.   To miss those because you don’t like SAS is the ultimate case of throwing out the baby with the bath water... 

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I don’t disagree!   I’m on your side over SAS.

But why downgrade an entire network because of one blowhard.  I make a point not to watch his shows or any other show where he’s a guest.   I don’t much care for him.

But ESPN has lots of good stuff.   To miss those because you don’t like SAS is the ultimate case of throwing out the baby with the bath water... 

ESPN has made a lot of bad decisions the past few years.  The viewership declined.  They had to cutback lots of on air talent.  The head guy had to step down due To improper behavior, etc...but I also think ESPN created the SAS vs Skip Bayless type programming.  Now, it seems everyone is doing it and frankly I don’t like it.  It comes across as fake and scripted to a point. Kind of Jerry Springer.  I miss  Australians Rules Football at 3:00 am.

32 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

ESPN has made a lot of bad decisions the past few years.  The viewership declined.  They had to cutback lots of on air talent.  The head guy had to step down due To improper behavior, etc...but I also think ESPN created the SAS vs Skip Bayless type programming.  Now, it seems everyone is doing it and frankly I don’t like it.  It comes across as fake and scripted to a point. Kind of Jerry Springer.  I miss  Australians Rules Football at 3:00 am.

The head guy stepped down because Of a drug problem.    I’m not aware of any other problem.   He was very successful and respected. 

As for ESPN, it has lost a good numbers of subscribers because the rules on cable TV changed.   It used to be ESPN was a part of your basic cable.   There was no dropping it because you didn’t like it.

But as cable got hugely expensive the rules changed and people who don't care for sports chose not to pay for ESPN which helped people cut their cable bills.   ESPN is one of the most expensive cable channels you can get. 

But people who love sports (as I do) watch it all the time.   It’s still hugely successful.   Do they make mistakes?   They absolutely do.   But it’s not one channel...   there is ESPN, ESPN2,  ESPN Classic,  ESPN News.    Their debate shows (which I don’t like and don’t watch much) are a small fraction of what they do.   They have tons of very good programming to enjoy.

Just wanted to offer a different perspective to consider.... 

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The head guy stepped down because Of a drug problem.    I’m not aware of any other problem.   He was very successful and respected. 

As for ESPN, it has lost a good numbers of subscribers because the rules on cable TV changed.   It used to be ESPN was a part of your basic cable.   There was no dropping it because you didn’t like it.

But as cable got hugely expensive the rules changed and people who don't care for sports chose not to pay for ESPN which helped people cut their cable bills.   ESPN is one of the most expensive cable channels you can get. 

But people who love sports (as I do) watch it all the time.   It’s still hugely successful.   Do they make mistakes?   They absolutely do.   But it’s not one channel...   there is ESPN, ESPN2,  ESPN Classic,  ESPN News.    Their debate shows (which I don’t like and don’t watch much) are a small fraction of what they do.   They have tons of very good programming to enjoy.

Just wanted to offer a different perspective to consider.... 

In his own words, he was addicted to cocaine, used it recreationally and was about to be extorted by his supplier so he chose a PC to apologize and step down for treatment.  To me that is impropriety.  It’s not like it was opioids and chronic pain situation.   I would understand that. 

I only watch those channels when my college team is playing but yes I guess that is convenient.  

If SAS responded to this it would go like this:

“I don’t watch football? I don’t watch football? I don’t watch football? Ahoooo ahoooo ahoooo YOU ARE IGNORANT AND YOU ARE A BIGOT! A BIGOT! A BIGOT! WHO IS IGNORANT! WHO IS IGNORANT! hoohoohoohooHOO! hoohoohoohooHOO! hoohoohoohooHOO!

hoohoohoohooHOO!

Now let’s talk about the real issue of the detriments of the feathers of the peacock in this walk of life! In this walk of life! In this walk of life!

Shut up Will!

To be erecting in your eregerous statues means YOU ARE THE ONE who doesn’t watch football. Who doesn’t watch football.”

SAS says many things 3 times and makes Daffy Duck noises if you never noticed.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:09 PM, rock8591 said:

I heard Trent Green is going up against Shawne Merriman.

Chuck Muncie and Wes Chandler are doubtful.

With a minimal amount of prep time, S.A. Smith could have rolled with a feel good return story of Antonio Gates from his mini-retirement.  Oh well.

9 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Chuck Muncie and Wes Chandler are doubtful.

With a minimal amount of prep time, S.A. Smith could have rolled with a feel good return story of Antonio Gates from his mini-retirement.  Oh well.

We might lose this weekend against the Giants.

Despite OB2 being out, the matchup of Jason Pierre Paul vs. Tony Ugoh is largely in their favor. Justin Tuck vs Winston Justice is also lopsided.

Not to mention Damon Harrison will destroy Samson Satele.

3 minutes ago, rock8591 said:

We might lose this weekend against the Giants.

Despite OB2 being out, the matchup of Jason Pierre Paul vs. Tony Ugoh is largely in their favor. Justin Tuck vs Winston Justice is also lopsided.

Not to mention Damon Harrison will destroy Samson Satele.

I was actually more worried about Michael Strahan getting to Luck more than anything lmao