Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Carson Wentz Injured

Cynjin

Remember how many people in the media were saying he was better than Luck before the season started, just like they were saying Derek Carr was too 2 years ago lmao . Dan Dakich said Wentz had it and Luck didn't last year on the radio. That Wentz was much better. I just love it when Indiana teams and players prove people wrong.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Remember how many people in the media were saying he was better than Luck before the season started, just like they were saying Derek Carr was too 2 years ago lmao . Dan Dakich said Wentz had it and Luck didn't last year on the radio. That Wentz was much better. I just love it when Indiana teams and players prove people wrong.

You have to believe the Colts haters  never dreamed Luck would return much less come back and set the passing game on fire. There are more than a few Colts fans that did not expect this much of a rebound. Thanks in part to the OL goes without saying. He looks like a sniper taking shots from a mountain top.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You have to believe the Colts haters  never dreamed Luck would return much less come back and set the passing game on fire. There are more than a few Colts fans that did not expect this much of a rebound. Thanks in part to the OL goes without saying. He looks like a sniper taking shots from a mountain top.

I know, it makes this season so much more enjoyable to watch. Luck proving alot of people wrong. The Colts are going to be a force for years to come now IMO.

On 12/12/2018 at 5:32 PM, Cynjin said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/carson-wentz-misses-practice-reportedly-could-miss-rams-game-rest-of-eagles-season/

I saw the above, but I also heard a rumor that he may be done for the season.   That would suck, two years in a row. 

11 hours ago, Virtuoso80 said:

sounds like he'll be out for the season with a fractured vertebra:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25526262/carson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-fractured-vertebra

Why is it still a rumor?  If he has a stress fracture of the spine, it will be months recovery.  He can't play and risk further injury and lengthening the recovery time.  I think he missed some practice earlier this year because of his back.  Seems to me he might have disregarded his body (pains) since then and toughed it out thus further aggravating the injury.  I suspect he possibly refused having an MRI or bone scan too.  Early stress fractures can be missed on a conventional X-ray, and sometimes even Computed Tomogaphy (CT) scans.

To me, if the stress fracture is in the Pars (near the Lamina and likely at L5) where I suspect it may be (as in many young athletes, it is), then he is out. Period.  Forget what Pederson says. And any injury report that says anything but out.  He needs to rest 2-3 months, at least. It's a slow developing, and also a slow healing incident.  And he needs it to heal or risk spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis.

A00053F011.jpg

My immediate question is, how did he even suffer this (the mechanism/cause)?  I wonder if he is a weight room lifting monster (well, for a QB) ??

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:54 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wentz' career is going down Luck's path....

I hope they don't play him  with a bad back

Foles comes in and beats the Rams who were undefeated at home in their place, go figure. Man, Nick Foles has ice in his veins, he is never fazed by the moment. Kudos to him!!!

Cowboys lose, Eagles win, now Eagles will try to beat the Texans real bad now. 

• Like 5

12 hours ago, chad72 said:

Foles comes in and beats the Rams who were undefeated at home in their place, go figure. Man, Nick Foles has ice in his veins, he is never fazed by the moment. Kudos to him!!!

Cowboys lose, Eagles win, now Eagles will try to beat the Texans real bad now. 

Win Win for us!!!

12 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

What other team has ever had their franchise QB go down late in the season, and the reigning Super Bowl MVP steps in to replace him?

Who was that Giants QB that took over and won the SB late in the season? I think that might be the closest. Was it Jeff Hostetler?

Kaepernick would have been SB MVP if the 49ers won the SB and the Ravens did not get all those calls in their favor in the end zone but then, Alex Smith was benched and not hurt.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Who was that Giants QB that took over and won the SB late in the season? I think that might be the closest. Was it Jeff Hostetler?

Kaepernick would have been SB MVP if the 49ers won the SB and the Ravens did not get all those calls in their favor in the end zone but then, Alex Smith was benched and not hurt.

Hostetler took over for Simms in 1990. They beat the Bills in SB 25.

9 hours ago, chad72 said:

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hostetler took over for Simms in 1990. They beat the Bills in SB 25.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How about Doug Williams in 1987, he took over late and won SB 22 and won MVP for the Skins. They smoked Denver.

But were Hostetler and Williams both backup QB’s the next season, and once again hav to come back in for the starting QB?  Reigning SP MVP Foles sat on the bench next season, but now has to come off the bench as the last years SB MVP and try to get his team back there again.  Unreal.

Nick will be the Eagles starter next year, or starting on another team.  There’s no question.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But were Hostetler and Williams both backup QB’s the next season, and once again hav to come back in for the starting QB?  Reigning SP MVP Foles sat on the bench next season, but now has to come off the bench as the l;ast SB MVP and try to get his team back there again.  Unreal.

Nick will be the Eagles starter next year, or starting on another team.  There’s no question.

I doubt he will be the Eagles starter, I think they are sticking with Wentz but I think he will be a starter somewhere.

What I think is crazy is the road that Nick Foles took to win the SB with the Eagles.  He was drafted by them, traded away to the Rams, sucked under Fischer, I think went to KC for a year and was a backup there.  Then he comes back to Philly as the backup QB, Wentz goes down while having an MVP season and Nick Foles takes over and wins the team that drafted him a SB.  

If he did the improbable and won another SB, Philly is going to have one heck of a hard time seeing him leave in free agency.  And there will certainly be calls for Foles to be signed to a long term deal and be the starter.  

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

I doubt he will be the Eagles starter, I think they are sticking with Wentz but I think he will be a starter somewhere.

Agreed.

6 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

What I think is crazy is the road that Nick Foles took to win the SB with the Eagles. 

Again, agreed.   Not as crazy but smart, some intelligent coach(es) went back and saw what scheme/packages Chip Kelly used for this guy to be successful.  And Nick's even more experienced since then.