Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dak Prescott plays well in the fourth quarter typically

chad72

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018/12/12/18136571/comparing-clutch-stats-between-dak-prescott-and-tony-romo-is-very-interesting-bill-parcells

The best thing about Dak Prescott is that he has a short term memory. He will make mistakes but he bounces back very quickly from it. So, it will take a 60 minute game from us to beat the Cowboys. We are not going to be able to sit on a lead or put them away in the 3rd quarter by any means, IMO. Their D is a big part of keeping them in games.

I thought the above article was interesting.

8 hours ago, SteelCityColt said:

I think that was more we couldn’t move the ball on the ground.

Yes, that is the number one thing I worry about. In this game, it might be out of necessity because the Dallas run D is hard to run against, so we will be passing mostly. However, I do think we should design some runs out of shotgun or draw plays to slow down that pass rush and use screen plays to WRs and RBs, IMO.

Against the others, our inability to run with a lead hopefully is addressed when Ryan Kelly is back on the OL. This team's offensive identity is still to build the lead with the pass with timely runs by the goal line where zones are squeezed.

Peyton did pass a lot between the 20s but we ran a lot inside the red zone with Edge, Addai etc., so this is not a new concept.

I think the Colts need to play Prescott very similar to the way they played Watson... it's is key to keep him in the pocket and makes throws with bodies around him.  Some QBs you cannot do that to, Rivers, for example, seems to make his best throws with hands in his face, guys hanging onto his legs and 1/10th of a second before a sack.  Prescott is not one of those QBs.  Don't let him roll out so he has a lot of space in front of him.

Also I'm more worried about Gallup having a big game rather than Cooper.  Everything goes through Cooper now and for good reason, he proving to be a whale of a receiver for Dallas.  But Gallip is faster than any of the Colts DBs that, combined with Hooker still taking bad angles in pass coverage on deep routes, Gallup could provide the Cowboys with some big scoring plays that will make winning difficult.

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think the Colts need to play Prescott very similar to the way they played Watson... it's is key to keep him in the pocket and makes throws with bodies around him.  Some QBs you cannot do that to, Rivers, for example, seems to make his best throws with hands in his face, guys hanging onto his legs and 1/10th of a second before a sack.  Prescott is not one of those QBs.  Don't let him roll out so he has a lot of space in front of him.

Also I'm more worried about Gallup having a big game rather than Cooper.  Everything goes through Cooper now and for good reason, he proving to be a whale of a receiver for Dallas.  But Gallip is faster than any of the Colts DBs that, combined with Hooker still taking bad angles in pass coverage on deep routes, Gallup could provide the Cowboys with some big scoring plays that will make winning difficult.

The biggest reason the Cowboys have been held back, more than Dak, is their play calling with Linehan, IMO. As long as he is OC, they are not the kind to take advantage of mismatches like with a Sean Payton or Josh McDaniels or Doug Pederson or Sean McVay (insert any good offensive mind including Reich). It is a big reason they do not hit their ceiling during games. Hopefully, this is not the game Linehan schemes out of his mind. :) 

57 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The biggest reason the Cowboys have been held back, more than Dak, is their play calling with Linehan, IMO. As long as he is OC, they are not the kind to take advantage of mismatches like with a Sean Payton or Josh McDaniels or Doug Pederson or Sean McVay (insert any good offensive mind including Reich). It is a big reason they do not hit their ceiling during games. Hopefully, this is not the game Linehan schemes out of his mind. :) 

Dallas might try to put power us on the D line and if it works it will be a long day, if not then the game is in Dak’s hands

2 hours ago, runthepost said:

Dallas might try to put power us on the D line and if it works it will be a long day, if not then the game is in Dak’s hands

We might need bigger LBs on hand for run downs vs this team. They do not do no huddle as much, hence we will have plenty of chances to swap players. Once we put them on a trail path, we can get back our lighter LBs across the board.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

We might need bigger LBs on hand for run downs vs this team. They do not do no huddle as much, hence we will have plenty of chances to swap players. Once we put them on a trail path, we can get back our lighter LBs across the board.

Right and hopefully we don’t try arm tackles and try to go high on Zeke 

Archived