Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I would rather be 6th seed than win the AFC South and here is why

reidaj1812

If it goes like this and we are 6th seed chargers/KC will be 1st or 5th --Texans will be 3rd and Pats 2nd.

let's say that KC is 1st seed--NE 2nd seed---Texans 3rd seed-- Ravens 4th seed --ok

we would play the Texans in wildcard game

Chargers play Ravens

----Colts and Chargers Win

--Chargers play Pats---We play KC

we have had good luck with kc in the playoffs and I think the chargers will beat the pats--

that would make the AFC playoff game in warm climate and I would like our changes

thoughts

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I kind of want the Patriots in NE just to see where we really stand at that point if we get in. Plus if we could knock them off, this season would be a grade of 'A' no matter what happens after that. Imagine us knocking them out after what McDaniels did. Luck has never beaten them either, that would be sweet. Just the history between the 2 teams would have a bunch of great story lines and hype as well.

that would be the best but I would hate to spend the rest of the off season with the last game being a loss to them (you know how they can cheat) and the refs that always seem to help them out. if we have to lose in the playoffs I would rather it be to KC or the Chargers than to NE Texans or Ravens

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing, we have to beat Dallas first and finish off the NY Giants and Tenn.

We have proved we can beat Houston in Houston, not saying it will be easy but more than just possible.  Anticipate we would have Ryan Kelly and Mo-Allie back as well.  Watson may 1st playoff game jitters too.

Like you said, we have been KC's playoff nemesis.  

Anything is possible, can envision it.  

• Like 1

If we get into the playoffs I don't really care who we play, since it's been a while. I'd just like to see some January football haha 

That being said, I'd like our chances against Houston either home or away. I think if we somehow steal the south, we'd have a better shot against a Pittsburgh or Baltimore at home, but if we end going to Baltimore or Pittsburgh, I don't think we'd win. KC or LAC I feel is an L.

And NE should be an L too. But if we play them, we're gonna win. Just watch. :coltslogo:

• Like 1

Just now, Calmack said:

I get you and all but why do posters come into threads like these and say this type of stuff? Its perfectly fine and fun to think about potential playoff scenarios. 

Dealing in hypotheticals like this sets potentially unrealistic expectations. Does anyone remember just a couple weeks ago we were all “rah rah rah we’re going to trounce the Jags 35-4”? What happened? We came out and got hit in the mouth. We got a lot of lucky breaks that it didn’t leave us worse off than it did. 

People get carried away and let their dreams start dreaming them. 

The task of winning the next game is vexing enough that playing future builder in this situation is pointless. One loss wrecks the whole thing. Looking ahead is pointless because we didn’t take care of business enough to afford the luxury of looking ahead. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Dealing in hypotheticals like this sets potentially unrealistic expectations. Does anyone remember just a couple weeks ago we were all “rah rah rah we’re going to trounce the Jags 35-4”? What happened? We came out and got hit in the mouth. We got a lot of lucky breaks that it didn’t leave us worse off than it did. 

The task of winning the next game is vexing enough that playing future builder in this situation is pointless. One loss wrecks the whole thing. Looking ahead is pointless because we didn’t take care of business enough to afford the luxury of looking ahead. 

Relax is all I have to say. It may be pointless to you but for others its not. Its fun to deal with hypotheticals. I'm glad most don't share your mindset..

• Like 3

Whichever route avoids the cold weather... But then again I wouldn't mind our rookies pulling off that cold victory in Gillette Stadium. Only seems right for AV to finish them off. I want Luck to be the last QB Brady looks in the eyes and says " Great game and good luck the rest of the way through the playoffs"  

Andrew in his comeback season giving him his last L before retirement. ☆☆☆☆

1 hour ago, NorthernBlue said:

If we get into the playoffs I don't really care who we play, since it's been a while. I'd just like to see some January football haha 

That being said, I'd like our chances against Houston either home or away. I think if we somehow steal the south, we'd have a better shot against a Pittsburgh or Baltimore at home, but if we end going to Baltimore or Pittsburgh, I don't think we'd win. KC or LAC I feel is an L.

And NE should be an L too. But if we play them, we're gonna win. Just watch. :coltslogo:

Yeah, we have not been to the playoffs since 2014. I truly miss the Colts being there. Truly took it for granted, not any more. 

• Like 1

I dunno about playing the Texans again. It’s hard to beat a decent team twice in one season, 3 times is really tough. You can only flip a coin so many times before you land on heads. I kinda feel the same about KC. They are gonna beat us in the playoffs one of these years and the same can be said about luck never beating NE, It may be our time finally. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I kind of want the Patriots in NE just to see where we really stand at that point if we get in. Plus if we could knock them off, this season would be a grade of 'A' no matter what happens after that. Imagine us knocking them out after what McDaniels did. Luck has never beaten them either, that would be sweet. Just the history between the 2 teams would have a bunch of great story lines and hype as well.

Agree with all buy the hype, there's no hype and story to a lopsided history lol

6 hours ago, Calmack said:

Relax is all I have to say. It may be pointless to you but for others its not. Its fun to deal with hypotheticals. I'm glad most don't share your mindset..

Fine. 

I would rather a meteor not hit the planet and destroy all life today. 

What a fun game this is. :grumpy2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

I dunno about playing the Texans again. It’s hard to beat a decent team twice in one season, 3 times is really tough. You can only flip a coin so many times before you land on heads. I kinda feel the same about KC. They are gonna beat us in the playoffs one of these years and the same can be said about luck never beating NE, It may be our time finally. 

Texans fans saying the same thing about their team potentially having to face the Colts a third time.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, reidaj1812 said:

If it goes like this and we are 6th seed chargers/KC will be 1st or 5th --Texans will be 3rd and Pats 2nd.

let's say that KC is 1st seed--NE 2nd seed---Texans 3rd seed-- Ravens 4th seed --ok

Chargers play Ravens

we have had good luck with kc in the playoffs and I think the chargers will beat the pats--

that would make the AFC playoff game in warm climate and I would like our changes

thoughts

Very interesting..  my only thoughts are: if "we have good luck with KC in the playoffs"  which is true..

The last team I want to see in the playoffs are those Chargers...

8 hours ago, reidaj1812 said:

Chargers play Ravens

thoughts

I don't think the history of playing a team in the past has anything to do with now. 

I'd much rather have a game at home.   That Trumps all else for me.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Nothing we say of do here has the slightest impact on the games. This seems like a very basic correlation/causation logical fallacy, and one that seems silly on a forum about discussing all aspects of your team and it's season. Sure, players need to focus on Dallas. I'm free to imagine the colts future games as much as I like with zero worry it will change anything. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Myles said:

As is posting in a thread you have no interest in.

As is posting in a thread that could be entirely pointless with the bounce of a single ball. 

We aren’t even in control of our own destiny. We win out and the Ravens win out it doesn’t matter, we’re out they’re in. 

Win this week. That’s all we can do. The rest is going to have to fall into place on it’s own regardless of the hopes, speculations, and expectations. Control what you are in control of. 

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, John Waylon said:

We’re on to Dallas. That’s the only game that matters. 

Hard to think too far into the future with this bunch.  For every Houston victory there is a Jets loss, or Jacksonville trap game.  As much as I want to start thinking about playoffs, Dallas is a pretty tough opponent to get past.  I agree with you!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Calmack said:

I get you and all but why do posters come into threads like these and say this type of stuff? Its perfectly fine and fun to think about potential playoff scenarios. 

I get you and all, but I don't see where John tried to derail this thread.

He just expressed his opinion, which was solicited by the OP.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

Hard to think too far into the future with this bunch.  For every Houston victory there is a Jets loss, or Jacksonville trap game.  As much as I want to start thinking about playoffs, Dallas is a pretty tough opponent to get past.  I agree with you!

Exactly. I think we pull out a win vs. Dallas, but it’s the Giants or Titans game I’m weary of because both of those games are ones this team would come out flat in. Our run defense has been good, but Barkley has proven to be a shifty one. 

6 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Exactly. I think we pull out a win vs. Dallas, but it’s the Giants or Titans game I’m weary of because both of those games are ones this team would come out flat in. Our run defense has been good, but Barkley has proven to be a shifty one. 

We'll see what happens!   I think they are awake now as they know there is no alternative but to win out.  Titans I think we'll win that one again, they've lost even more pieces to their O line. I think we'll be fine against the Giants also.  It's this Cowboy game that has me worried because they are right in the thick of things also and have a lot to play for. Plus they have talent on both sides of the football and linebackers that can run with our tight ends.  This is the type of game I could see us losing if we are not careful.

1 hour ago, DrLuck said:

Nothing we say of do here has the slightest impact on the games. This seems like a very basic correlation/causation logical fallacy, and one that seems silly on a forum about discussing all aspects of your team and it's season. Sure, players need to focus on Dallas. I'm free to imagine the colts future games as much as I like with zero worry it will change anything. 

But it does. It changes your expectations. If you convince yourself that we are going to win every game we play until the end of time you’re going to be disappointed when it doesn’t happen. You set yourself up for an expectation that fell short and now you’re going to be dissatisfied, and express that dissatisfaction despite the fact that it was wrongly built to begin with. 

The cold hard facts of this situation are that there are nearly an infinite amount of variables that will influence how our season ends, and most  of them beyond our control as fans and as a team. 

There is simply too much that can go on between now and then to put any real stock into these outlooks and forecasts. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

But it does. It changes your expectations. If you convince yourself that we are going to win every game we play until the end of time you’re going to be disappointed when it doesn’t happen. You set yourself up for an expectation that fell short and now you’re going to be dissatisfied, and express that dissatisfaction despite the fact that it was wrongly built to begin with. 

The cold hard facts of this situation are that there are nearly an infinite amount of variables that will influence how our season ends, and most  of them beyond our control as fans and as a team. 

There is simply too much that can go on between now and then to put any real stock into these outlooks and forecasts. 

Yep, and it becomes a bit simpler next week, and clearer the next, and so on.

I'm just thrilled we're able to consider all this, and realistically.

Problem is that many will feel it's a disaster if they don't make it, and that's a shame.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Why are you talking about the Giants game?   If we lose to the Cowboys it won't matter.    You said "Looking ahead is pointless"

9 hours ago, Calmack said:

because if we lose and dont make the playoffs, the ones posting and hyping about the playoffs this early will be screaming like crazy

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, buccolts said:

I get you and all, but I don't see where John tried to derail this thread.

He just expressed his opinion, which was solicited by the OP.

Yeah I dont know what you're reaching at. I never said or even hinted at him derailing the thread. I simply asked a question. 

10 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Yep, and it becomes a bit simpler next week, and clearer the next, and so on.

I'm just thrilled we're able to consider all this, and realistically.

Problem is that many will feel it's a disaster if they don't make it, and that's a shame.

yep, this team has already exceeded expectations many in the pro-sports and vegas world put on them for this year.

Just now, csmopar said:

because if we lose and dont make the playoffs, the ones posting and hyping about the playoffs this early will be screaming like crazy

I suppose, but every forum has crazies. They'll pop up no matter what. A blip on their dream scenario isn't going to be the reason for them to be "scraming like crazy" 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Would it not, then, be just as difficult for the Texans to beat the Colts twice?

• Thanks 1