Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Do You Say To The Fans?

oldunclemark

But how do you ask for their money...Supe?

You're promising losses......how do you sell tickets

That's a mute point now because the season ticket holders had to have them paid for by March 1st. Oh well hold tight might be a rough ride for a few.

That's a mute point now because the season ticket holders had to have them paid for by March 1st. Oh well hold tight might be a rough ride for a few.

Yes they have a year to figure that out but they will have money next yer and if Luck shows signs of promise his rookie year like Manning did and the Colts add another big name draft pick and a key free agent or two fans will get excited again.

I wonder if Irsay saw this part year as all in because of the Super Bowl in Indy and knew these other cuts were coming. He might not have seen having to cut Manning but it wouldn't shock me if there wasn't was a plan to go all in this past year to try to get to the Super Bowl in Indy and knew at the end of it boom or well clearly bust they were going to have to release several long time fan favorites.

That could be an option. Maybe he thought Manning was going to be forced to retire and foresaw the other changes needing to be made as well based on the cap/age, etc.

Can anyone remember an Irsay tweet from several months back that said the next 18 months would be a roller coaster? Anyone remember when that was sent and where we are in the process?

I think it was during the summer of 2011 ... something about big changes during next 18 months or something like that. Coincidentally, I was just thinking about that and thinking of where to post it.

Edit : Oops, people already have a better memory about it than I. I do remember seeing that tweet, though, and wondering what the heck is THAT's supposed to mean. At the time I thought maybe he already knew he would replace Caldwell. That's all I could think of at the time.

Most likely. I bet he had been advised that Manning was going to be forced to retire.

I know I have a friend who has a very close connection to the Irsay's who has said exactly that. Basicly Irsay doesn't think Manning SHOULD play again because of his health. That person told me that weeks ago and I just didn't say much about it because I didn't want to be throwing out unnamed sources when people were on edge about everything. Now that it's happened I don't think there is a big issue with letting that out there and if people don't want to believe that they don't have too. I think it really came down to Irsay thinking retiring was what was best for Manning going forward and Manning wanting to play. The last part is my own speculation. I think Irsay waited as long as he could to try to let Manning come to that understanding on his own and Manning never did but I've always thought if Manning can't play it's going to take getting out on a field and seeing he can't do it and he wasn't going to accept it via rehab like he's been doing. Remember Manning sadi in the presser he still has work to do in regards to his health. He could find out he can't play again. If that happens in September Irsay is going to come out of this looking very smart. WIth that said I'll admit it's probably more likely that Manning does play.

I know I have a friend who has a very close connection to the Irsay's who has said exactly that. Basicly Irsay doesn't think Manning SHOULD play again because of his health. That person told me that weeks ago and I just didn't say much about it because I didn't want to be throwing out unnamed sources when people were on edge about everything. Now that it's happened I don't think there is a big issue with letting that out there and if people don't want to believe that they don't have too. I think it really came down to Irsay thinking retiring was what was best for Manning going forward and Manning wanting to play. The last part is my own speculation. I think Irsay waited as long as he could to try to let Manning come to that understanding on his own and Manning never did but I've always thought if Manning can't play it's going to take getting out on a field and seeing he can't do it and he wasn't going to accept it via rehab like he's been doing. Remember Manning sadi in the presser he still has work to do in regards to his health. He could find out he can't play again. If that happens in September Irsay is going to come out of this looking very smart. WIth that said I'll admit it's probably more likely that Manning does play.

Manning could play now and be o.k.

There is no doubt in my mind Irsay would prefer him to retire. It would have made this past month so much easier/peaceful, but like Peyton he didn't want to. It will be interesting to see how far he makes it back.

There is no doubt in my mind Irsay would prefer him to retire. It would have made this past month so much easier/peaceful, but like Peyton he didn't want to. It will be interesting to see how far he makes it back.

Irsay said many times, he was concerned for Manning's health and retirement was an option. YES, HE ABSOLUTLEY WANTED HIM TO RETIRE A COLT, there is NO question at all about that.

Irsay said many times, he was concerned for Manning's health and retirement was an option. YES, HE ABSOLUTLEY WANTED HIM TO RETIRE A COLT, there is NO question at all about that.

Of course.. I mean retire now. as opposed to playing 3-5 more years. He wanted an easy way out of this mess as opposed to what it was.

Of course.. I mean retire now. as opposed to playing 3-5 more years. He wanted an easy way out of this mess as opposed to what it was.

you're exactly correct. Irsay is getting blown up on blogs all over the country. Problem is that Peyton is one of a kind genius football player / offensive coordinator (all rolled into one), can call his own plays, etc.

Does anyone know what Andrew Luck scored on the Wonderlic ????? Peyton had one of the highest scores of all-time.

you're exactly correct. Irsay is getting blown up on blogs all over the country. Problem is that Peyton is one of a kind genius football player / offensive coordinator (all rolled into one), can call his own plays, etc.

Does anyone know what Andrew Luck scored on the Wonderlic ????? Peyton had one of the highest scores of all-time.

I haven't seen any released from this draft. Peyton's wasn't as many think. Eli had an extremely high one.

WHAT IF ------------------------------------------ >>> Luck is a bust? OMGoodness, this would be the most awful thing to EVER befall an organization. Irsay would be run/ran out of town.

What if Luck is better than Manning? Why do always have to play negative what if games?

Posted · Hidden by Peytongirl, March 10, 2012 - duplicate of post in another thread
Hidden by Peytongirl, March 10, 2012 - duplicate of post in another thread

Hmm - so if the Colts did not end up with the top pick, would any of this have happened? Irsay signed Manning to a 5 yr deal just a year and a half ago. He knew that there was a salary cap. So, if we didn't get the top draft pick and Manning came back, would we have still cut all of these players. We were 14-0 just 2 years ago and in the Super Bowl. I don't believe talent drops off that quickly.

Also, just because you have draft picks and young players does not make you a winning team. We will need to have incredible draft picks like Polian did in order to build a great team. Remember that in the Manning era, we had these first round draft picks: Marvin Harrison, Tarik Glenn, Edgerrin James, Reggie Wayne, Dwight Freeney, Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai. So, sure we can rebuild with Luck, but we're going to need great draft picks to avoid being Cleveland and Detroit (remember Detroit was bad for many, many years prior to last year). We just got rid of Polian, so our new GM/scouts better be very good.

If we lose Freeney, as great as Mathis is, Mathis' effectiveness drops without Freeney on the other side. And, then our defense goes from bad to really bad. I'm excited to watch Luck, but with a receving corps of Collie, Blair White, Jacob Tamme, cmon, that is a joke compared to Wayne, Garcon, Collie, and Clark.

Peyton scored a 28. Which is good, but not out of this world. Eli scored a 39.

Seriously.....No excuses......accepted

if you are the Colts now...

What do you say to the fans about this season.?

We're going to lose every week

But its part of a plan..

Keep giving us your money.

Hope you understand.

You do what 31 other teams do every single year.....hope for next year. Not uncommon at all. Honestly don't get the "Wins are the only thing that is enjoyable" mentality. Wins are great, but if I only enjoyed winning, I would sure as heck get a different hobby. The things I ask for is an owner who chooses class individuals to run his franchise and who is willing to spend a fair share of his earnings to get the best he can afford. They choose quality men who work their hardest for a respectable coaching staff and they handle themselves with class on and off the field. Lastly, I hope to see a quality effort made in both preparation and on game day. Wins are a bonus.

Based on my needs, I am expecting a successful season.

I've seen the test, 28 is nothing to write home about. Nothing under 40 would impress me.

There's only about 2 players in the league who got 40 or above. One is Ryan Fitzpatrick I think who graduated from Harvard. When you take the real test it's timed and a lot harder than the practice ones you see floating around the web.

Seriously.....No excuses......accepted

if you are the Colts now...

What do you say to the fans about this season.?

We're going to lose every week

But its part of a plan..

Keep giving us your money.

Hope you understand.

It doesn't matter what they say,their LIARS SO YOU CAN'T BELEIVE A WORD OUT OF THEIR MOUTHS.

"If Peyton is healthy I will bring him back" . And Pagano said he will" keep Freeney 'caus him & Mathis are game wreckers". Now Freeney is on the tradeing block.

The only way you consider a word out of their mouth is if a lie-detecter is connected to them.

What do you say to the fans? How about this imploding of the team doesn't even compare to 98. Faulk, Dilger, Pollard and Harrison were here. Who does luck have? Brown, Collie, White and Tamme. How soon we forget the tripplets! Edge led the nfl in rushing his first 2 seasons. That alone takes alot of the heat off a Qb. Who here is going to do that? Brown? Carter? Give me a break! Go get B Jacobs. We need a big back and he would fit perfect. Now go get a tall wr 6'3-4. Jump balls are in this year. Big bruising back and tall wr. Now that's a start. Stay with me here! Next an overweight lane clogging DT, Lber's who can tackle and a couple safties. heck, with a wish list like this, santa crumpled it up and threw it in the trash saying it aint gonna happen. Bring in the weapons like yesterday for luck or else risk a uprising this team has never seen before. Cancel sunday ticket, sell colts merch, half empty seats at games, find a new team that wants to win THIS year, not the B.S that we are being force fed about being years away. We are told we are a few years away! What happens when we finally get there years down the road and luck wants out when his contract is up? Oh yeah! The next best greatest and latest Qb will be there for us and our tick poor record to take us to the next level, although it may take us 3 or 4 years of waiting again for this to happen. Get ready for the 80's and early 90's colts football all over again.

Hm...I guess it's about the loyalty of the fanbase.

Ah, so loyalty does factor in somewhere, but only where it's fans forking over their cash for a sub-standard team?

Kind of like the way that the Colts strung everyone along about Peyton last year by *not* placing him on IR as they should have?

Ah, so loyalty does factor in somewhere, but only where it's fans forking over their cash for a sub-standard team?

Kind of like the way that the Colts strung everyone along about Peyton last year by *not* placing him on IR as they should have?

So you think Irsay isn't being loyal to Peyton by letting him go? If Peyton thought he had the best chance of winning here, he would have stayed. Money isn't an issue with Peyton, he has several millions, so I'm sure if he really believed this team was a Super Bowl contender, he would have restructured.

And it's easy to say Peyton should have been on IR now, but it's difficult to say how the nerve would heal. Initial hopes were that the nerve would heal in time for November or December and he would be able to play. Then a report comes out and says Peyton is behind schedule, another comes out that says he is progressing slowly, another comes out that says he is fine and doing well, and we don't know what to believe. I'm sure it's even hard for doctors to know what to expect because from what I've heard, no other player in NFL history has gone through what Peyton has gone through and it's very difficult to predict nerve regeneration.