Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What Do You Say To The Fans?

oldunclemark

You tell them you are looking at the future of the team and trying to do what's best. It is not a smart business decision to keep injury prone guys like Bullitt on the roster and still pay them a lot of money. Let them go, save cap space, get younger, build for your future. Of course, it is hard because of the emotion (as it was with Peyton), but this is the cruel business side of it

You tell them you are looking at the future of the team and trying to do what's best. It is not a smart business decision to keep injury prone guys like Bullitt on the roster and still pay them a lot of money. Let them go, save cap space, get younger, build for your future. Of course, it is hard because of the emotion (as it was with Peyton), but this is the cruel business side of it

But how do you ask for their money...Supe?

You're promising losses......how do you sell tickets

You tell them exactly what Jim Irsay has said to them. We are rebuilding!! It's going to be a process, folks. "It's a marathon, not a sprint" as someone previously put it on this board. I'm not surprised by any of this. Wayne(cut) and Freeney (traded) are next so prepare yourselves.

btw, I've renewed my season tickets and I'll gladly buy the rights to anyone elses. PM me

This is exciting Colt's fans!! Give it time :shoe:

You tell them exactly what Jim Irsay has said to them. We are rebuilding!! It's going to be a process, folks. "It's a marathon, not a sprint" as someone previously put it on this board. I'm not surprised by any of this. Wayne(cut) and Freeney (traded) are next so prepare yourselves.

btw, I've renewed my season tickets and I'll gladly buy the rights to anyone elses. PM me

This is exciting Colt's fans!! Give it time :shoe:

You're a true fan D4U

But how do you ask for their money...Supe?

You're promising losses......how do you sell tickets

Hm...I guess it's about the loyalty of the fanbase. The Raiders have been pretty bad for a long time, same with the Bills and Browns. But you can almost be sure that the Black Hole will be full and so will the Dawg Pound. Plus, they have the chance to see a much younger team, with a new coaching staff, and the best QB prospect in a long time, all in person...not to mention a pretty nice stadium

This is an exciting time to be a Colts fan. We have seen players like Manning, Wayne, Clark, Freeney, etc.. develope and grow as a team. Now we will get to see it all over again, with a new cast and crew. It will have it's ups and downs, but will be very interesting and exciting. I can't wait for next season. I hope that I am pleasantly surprised by the new look Colts.

Hm...I guess it's about the loyalty of the fanbase. The Raiders have been pretty bad for a long time, same with the Bills and Browns. But you can almost be sure that the Black Hole will be full and so will the Dawg Pound. Plus, they have the chance to see a much younger team, with a new coaching staff, and the best QB prospect in a long time, all in person...not to mention a pretty nice stadium

Sounds like they need you over there in the front office...my man.

This is an exciting time to be a Colts fan. We have seen players like Manning, Wayne, Clark, Freeney, etc.. develope and grow as a team. Now we will get to see it all over again, with a new cast and crew. It will have it's ups and downs, but will be very interesting and exciting. I can't wait for next season. I hope that I am pleasantly surprised by the new look Colts.

No promises ....Flash...look at the Cowboys

Twitter is lit up with quotes from what Grigson is saying. Phil B. just quoted this when asked about the fans

"Fans hopefully understand, moving forward, to eventually achieve success, we have to make tough decisions." In other words stay patient we are telling you up front this is going to be a long rebuilding process but in the end it will be worth it.

I heard someone today say see the Pacers from 2006 to 2009. That's what we are looking at.

The one big difference we should have a super star in Andrew Luck to rebuild around and while the Pacers have a bunch of solid guys they don't have a super star.

All you can tell the fans is that it is 1998 all over again. We are rebuilding and changes were bound to come with a new front office and coaching staff. we are like the Detroit Lions, they changed everything on the team and they seem to be fine now and it took them a couple years to be good.

I think we could be like the Lions after they went 0-16, just give these guys 3-4 years and see what happens. Patience is a virtue in this case

Here's the thing though. If Andrew Luck comes in here and is awful next year; they're in trouble. They need him to have some semblance of a competent season.

The reason Cam Newton went off was b/c he was surrounded with stud players. If they don't surround Luck with a good team next season isn't even worth playing.

Here's the thing though. If Andrew Luck comes in here and is awful next year; they're in trouble. They need him to have some semblance of a competent season.

The reason Cam Newton went off was b/c he was surrounded with stud players. If they don't surround Luck with a good team next season isn't even worth playing.

I think Luck will have excellent numbers......we may not win much

but we have a couple of young linemen....Brown can catch and Collie, White and Tamme are decent.

We need a speed reciever.

we'll score..I just worry about being 2-14 again..That empties the seats

I hope you're right..I dont want to see empty seats in the LOS..

..cant build any future off of empty seats

How many people will buy tickets just to watch Luck play? I would venture to guess a whole lot of people because Luck is now the key to the franchise and people will tune in to see how he plays, in place of Manning. It will be a huge story all year.

Listen, with the exception of the last couple of years we have dominated the league during the regular season, making it to the playoffs year after year with ease. The last couple of years have been a different story because guys are getting older and getting hurt all the time. I don't like seeing all of these cuts being made, but Irsay and co. are doing what needs to be done. We need new, fresh talent on this team that will give us a chance to win in the future. Yes, it may take a season or two of struggling to get back to winning, but I support what is going on because I know its the best thing in the long run.

You say we gave you more wins than any team has ever given a city in a decade and we are beyond grateful for your support. We are going threw a rebuilding process so we can get back to that level and try to surpass that number. We are asking for your support because we can't do it without you.

I know that might not be enough for the fans but that's about all you can say.

I do think it would be a good thing for the Colts to announce they are taking Andrew Luck (or RG3 for that matter but I really think it's going to be Luck) number one over all and have a deal in place with him in the near future (like after his pro day) just so the fans have something to look forward too. Colts fans need some good news beyond just resigning Robert Mathis (which is good news.)

Games missed last season

Manning - 16

Brackett - 14

Bullit - 14

Addai - 8

Clark - 7

Painter - wish it was 16

Now that the Colts know those players are gone for sure, as well as their salary, maybe better players than last year can be brought in.

Manning - Luck

Brackett - Angerer

Addai - Brown

Clark - Tamme or draft pick

Bullit - f/a or draft pick

Things aren't as bad as it seems. It is not 2009. Those guys have aged and suffered many injuries.

It can't be as bad as last season.

Seriously.....No excuses......accepted

if you are the Colts now...

What do you say to the fans about this season.?

We're going to lose every week

But its part of a plan..

Keep giving us your money.

Hope you understand.

Can you tell me the winning lottery numbers? You seem to think you can predict the future.

I think Luck will have excellent numbers......we may not win much

but we have a couple of young linemen....Brown can catch and Collie, White and Tamme are decent.

We need a speed reciever.

we'll score..I just worry about being 2-14 again..That empties the seats

you're too optimistic. those recieving targets are Larry, Curly, and Mo... they are nobodys in this game. Manning made them what they are.

Can anyone remember an Irsay tweet from several months back that said the next 18 months would be a roller coaster? Anyone remember when that was sent and where we are in the process?

I thought you would have left the forum with Peyton. Glad you're still with us.

Games missed last season

Manning - 16

Brackett - 14

Bullit - 14

Addai - 8

Clark - 7

Painter - wish it was 16

Now that the Colts know those players are gone for sure, as well as their salary, maybe better players than last year can be brought in.

Manning - Luck

Brackett - Angerer

Addai - Brown

Clark - Tamme or draft pick

Bullit - f/a or draft pick

Things aren't as bad as it seems. It is not 2009. Those guys have aged and suffered many injuries.

It can't be as bad as last season.

Good points. Kind of encouraging, actually.

After a dismal season and several days of negative news, their PR department (if there is one) really needs to put something out there to give the fanbase something good to rally around. What that might be, I don't know, but expectations and support will fade if they just continue to give us nothing but bad news.

All of this craziness because Peyton's pain-in-the-neck. He must feel even worse now, because he single handedly is responsible for triggering all these nutty decisions by Pagano-Irsay-Grigson (otherwise known as PIG). So in summary, Peyton's neck leads to PIG-sty.

All of this craziness because Peyton's pain-in-the-neck. He must feel even worse now, because he single handedly is responsible for triggering all these nutty decisions by Pagano-Irsay-Grigson (otherwise known as PIG). So in summary, Peyton's neck leads to PIG-sty.

Sir you owe me 10 seconds of my life back that I spent reading that :)

Can anyone remember an Irsay tweet from several months back that said the next 18 months would be a roller coaster? Anyone remember when that was sent and where we are in the process?

We'll b back on top,keep the FAITH...we're a lot tougher than these bitter times..I told u 2 months ago,the next 18 months would b turbulent

This was from the end of October. So I'm guessing the first one was around August.

He was honest/correct this time.

This was from the end of October. So I'm guessing the first one was around August.

He was honest/correct this time.

I wonder if Irsay saw this part year as all in because of the Super Bowl in Indy and knew these other cuts were coming. He might not have seen having to cut Manning but it wouldn't shock me if there wasn't was a plan to go all in this past year to try to get to the Super Bowl in Indy and knew at the end of it boom or well clearly bust they were going to have to release several long time fan favorites.