Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I Ran into some Colts

IndyD4U

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

We should have kept David Thornton instead of trading him to the

Titans many years ago. Him and Washington were two very good

linebackers and were let go. I never understood why they were

not re signed.

Polian never really put much stock in LBers imo. He got rid of Peterson, Sessions, thornton, washington. Then we had scrubs like Morris, Hagler, and Keiaho. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CaptainColt12 said:

I remember being at this Children's thing where you got to catch a ball from Luck, he just seemed like an awkward person when he would talk to our group.

I'm not showing off that I "meet" Luck, just that it was cool.

You can get that feeling from watching an interview of him.  

His personality is not one that I think would be associated with playing football or being an NFL QB.  

He seems kind of like a nerd.  And I say that as someone who was 100% in the nerd group in high school.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dodsworth said:

not re signed.

Manning, freeney, Mathis, sanders, Marvin, Reggie, DC = $$$$$

3 hours ago, CR91 said:

Polian never really put much stock in LBers imo. He got rid of Peterson, Sessions, thornton, washington. Then we had scrubs like Morris, Hagler, and Keiaho. 

The Colts don’t win the Super Bowl without Rob Morris.  Him replacing Gardner in the starting line up was one of the three big changes that fixed the defense for the playoff run.  The other two were the return to Bob Sanders and Booger getting comfortable in the defense.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts don’t win the Super Bowl without Rob Morris.  Him replacing Gardner in the starting line up was one of the three big changes that fixed the defense for the playoff run.  The other two were the return to Bob Sanders and Booger getting comfortable in the defense.

I get that, but im talking longevity. Morris was nothing after that. 

14 hours ago, dodsworth said:

not re signed.

He signed with the Titans as a Free Agent.

Titans many years ago.

He was a UFA.

Him and Washington were two very good

not re signed.

Thornton is 'the one' LB Polian regrets letting hit FA to this day.

11 hours ago, CR91 said:

Cato June was a good enough WILL, (but definitely not as good as Thornton). I was never a big fan of Sessions, Hagler, etc...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He was a UFA.

Cato June was a good enough WILL, (but definitely not as good as Thornton). I was never a big fan of Sessions, Hagler, etc...

He let june go too after the super bowl

8 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

The Colts don’t win the Super Bowl without Rob Morris.  Him replacing Gardner in the starting line up was one of the three big changes that fixed the defense for the playoff run.  The other two were the return to Bob Sanders and Booger getting comfortable in the defense.l

Yep.  Those three things really turned things in our favor. 

15 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Booger retired. Thats not the same

Well, more like forced to retire.  He suffered a career ending knee injury in training camp the next year.  And that is different than just retiring.

Booger wasn’t here long, but he is well accepted, and his quick growth and accomplishments in our defense, especially post season, were a key part in the Super Bowl run. With Morris in place of Gardner, and the return of the Eraser (Bob Sanders).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well, more like forced to retire.  He suffered a career ending knee injury in training camp the next year.  And that is different than just retiring.

Booger wasn’t here long, but he is well accepted, and his quick growth and accomplishments in our defense, especially post season, were a key part in the Super Bowl run. With Morris in place of Gardner, and the return of the Eraser (Bob Sanders).

but thats one part of the season. what did Morris accomplish after that? Nothing

14 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

He was a UFA.

I loved how Sessions would have the occasional loud hard tackle. To bad concussion's took a toll on him IIRC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CR91 said:

but thats one part of the season. what did Morris accomplish after that? Nothing

More than Booger.  Played in 2 games, 12 solo tackles, 1 assist.  Season (and eventually career) ending knee surgery around game 4 in 2007. He was released in Feb. 2008 (failed physical).  So, in a way, like Booger, I guess he retired too.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

More than Booger.  Played in 2 games, 12 solo tackles, 1 assist.  Season (and eventually career) ending knee surgery around game 4 in 2007. He was released in Feb. 2008 (failed physical).  So, in a way, like Booger, I guess he retired too.

you realized Booger had a very good career with the bucs before he had to retire

8 hours ago, CR91 said:

He suffered pretty much a career ending injury the next season so him and booger pretty much had the same ending.

he was playing well until that happened.  He seemed to have finally settled in at outside linebacker.   Either way, the fact he played a major role in the Colts winning a Super Bowl shows he wasn’t a scrub.  

If you want to stick to that opinion be my guest but most will disagree with you.

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

He suffered pretty much a career ending injury the next season so him and booger pretty much had the same ending.

he was playing well until that happened.  He seemed to have finally settled in at outside linebacker.   Either way, the fact he played a major role in the Colts winning a Super Bowl shows he wasn’t a scrub.  

If you want to stick to that opinion be my guest but most will disagree with you.

So because he had a few good games, he gets a pass on being a first round bust? So why doesnt trent richardson get credit for gaining over 1000 yards and 11 tds as a rookie? 

9 hours ago, CR91 said:

So because he had a few good games, he gets a pass on being a first round bust? So why doesnt trent richardson get credit for gaining over 1000 yards and 11 tds as a rookie? 

The point was Morris and Booger’s play were both vital and valuable additions in how the Colts were able to go on the Super Bowl run. 

Richardson did get accolades for his rookie season -

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2012/12/trent_richardson_sets_another.html

But also, there were questions.  Jim Brown called him ‘ordinary’.  His yards per carry was only 3.6.  The Cleveland coaches and GM knew Trent had issues understanding blocking schemes, NFL caliber defensive pursuit, and where/when holes were likely to open up. (Vision).  Colts apparently did not realize this and traded for him, and the Browns were happy to get a #1 pick back for moving him. His demise was sealed, and he bounced around failing for other teams willing to take a flyer.

Morris did get it together and contributed when it was most needed.  Sanders got healthy and contributed (once more) when it was most needed.  Booger got very comfortable with the other D linemen around him and his assignments, and contributed when it was most needed.

That was the only point.

We do not know how Morris and Booger would have performed in 2007 and beyond because they both suffered injuries that concluded their playing careers. Trent is still an unsigned Free Agent as far as I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

The point was Morris and Booger’s play were both vital and valuable additions in how the Colts were able to go on the Super Bowl run. 

Richardson did get accolades for his rookie season -

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2012/12/trent_richardson_sets_another.html

But also, there were questions.  Jim Brown called him ‘ordinary’.  His yards per carry was only 3.6.  The Cleveland coaches and GM knew Trent had issues understanding blocking schemes, NFL caliber defensive pursuit, and where/when holes were likely to open up. (Vision).  Colts apparently did not realize this and traded for him, and the Browns were happy to get a #1 pick back for moving him. His demise was sealed, and he bounced around failing for other teams willing to take a flyer.

Morris did get it together and contributed when it was most needed.  Sanders got healthy and contributed (once more) when it was most needed.  Booger got very comfortable with the other D linemen around him and his assignments, and contributed when it was most needed.

That was the only point.

We do not know how Morris and Booger would have performed in 2007 and beyond because they both suffered injuries that concluded their playing careers. Trent is still an unsigned Free Agent as far as I know.

Can you name something else other then the playoff run that Morris did in his career? You can't just hold your claim that he wouldnt have been a bust after the 2006 season because he got hurt when through 2001-2006, he was considered a major bust and waste of a first pick. Its not like reggie where he struggled for the first few years and then the light turned on.