Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Houston Chronicle's Response To The Colts Game Yesterday

King Colt

So much for your media supporting the home town team. The front page of the Houston Chronicle shows  color picture of Dishaun Watson sitting on his butt while Darius Leonard stands in front of him with both arms raised in celebration. Even worse the front cover of the sports page has a full page color pic of Luck arms raised in victory after he got Clowney's neutral zone infraction. Never saw a paper run over the home town team like this.

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

So much for your media supporting the home town team. The front page of the Houston Chronicle shows  color picture of Dishaun Watson sitting on his butt while Darius Leonard stands in front of him with both arms raised in celebration. Even worse the front cover of the sports page has a full page color pic of Luck arms raised in victory after he got Clowney's neutral zone infraction. Never saw a paper run over the home town team like this.

Then I am afraid you've never read a paper before today.  The home town paper is not there to spread the gospel of the home town team but rather report what happened, good bad or ugly.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

What should they put on their page...they got their butt whooped...much like we did last week in Jacksonville. That game wasn't even as close as the score turned out. We dominated both sides of the ball. A play here and there and we would be in first place and not them...we handed them the first win. No doubt in my mind we are the better team.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, King Colt said:

link?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Then I am afraid you've never read a paper before today.  The home town paper is not there to spread the gospel of the home town team but rather report what happened, good bad or ugly.

What else are you afraid of? Of course you are correct, this is the first time I have ever seen a paper much less read one. 

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

For what its worth, Luck is from Houston. I know your local papers should be favorable to the home team but Luck being from Houston could have been part of it. Who knows. 

18 hours ago, King Colt said:

What were the pics in the Indy Star last week after the Jags game?

35 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

Luck played Clowney liked a violin, and the music was glorious. 

Yes he did play him. I kind of wonder what Clowneys worth is really going to be on the open market. He has Watt on the other side from him and yet he still was kept pretty quiet all game. He is certainly a perplexing specimen of a player. 

If one is considering today's treating of the home town team, it is unfortunately becoming standard. But is has become more desensitized and cruel than in years past. 

Of course the home town paper should not coddle the team, but throwing them under the bus serves only one purpose...to sell more papers and clicks to those seeking entertainment in the form of "look at the *". I don't respect the paper for doing it, and I respect the constituency who appreciates it even less. 

19 hours ago, workinman said:

This is from the Houston Chronicle's website.....fff.thumb.JPG.43854837e2e4c3c2e74be7e38e88cdaa.JPG

While it was a good idea to pull the hard count at that moment to win the game, I think people are being too harsh on Clowney.  Lots of people jump offsides.  And it wasn't a position where the Colts where unlikely to snap the ball.  

Sure it finished off  any chance they had because of the timing of it.  but it wasn't like he jumped offside 5 times in that game, nor was it a really really dumb because the Colts probably wouldn't snap the ball.

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

While it was a good idea to pull the hard count at that moment to win the game, I think people are being too harsh on Clowney.  Lots of people jump offsides.  And it wasn't a position where the Colts where unlikely to snap the ball.  

Sure it finished off  any chance they had because of the timing of it.  but it wasn't like he jumped offside 5 times in that game, nor was it a really really dumb because the Colts probably wouldn't snap the ball.

Not like the Colts couldn't have converted a 3rd and 1 anyway.

They never were going to snap the ball.  Had nobody jumped offsides, they would've called a time out.  They tried the hard count on 3rd down because teams rarely if ever do that.  This was all directly from Reich yesterday on JMV.

On 12/11/2018 at 4:15 PM, MacDee1975 said:

Not like the Colts couldn't have converted a 3rd and 1 anyway.

They never were going to snap the ball.  Had nobody jumped offsides, they would've called a time out.  They tried the hard count on 3rd down because teams rarely if ever do that.  This was all directly from Reich yesterday on JMV.

**BUT CLOWNEY DID NOT KNOW THAT**  And if no one jumped they call timeout and go back and run a play.

Point is that it was not stupidly unreasonable for him to jump.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

**BUT CLOWNEY DID NOT KNOW THAT**  And if no one jumped they call timeout and go back and run a play.

Point is that it was not stupidly unreasonable for him to jump.  

I'm agreeing with you.  They did it on 3rd down, so the expectation would've been that they still were running a play.  I was simply relaying what the Colts plan was, directly from what Reich said.

That play did not determine the game.  The Colts very likely would've converted on 3rd and 1 anyways.  If they didn't, they would've punted and Houston would've needed to make alot of plays in a short amount of time to even be in position to tie.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:10 PM, TDewar1987 said:

For what its worth, Luck is from Houston. I know your local papers should be favorable to the home team but Luck being from Houston could have been part of it. Who knows. 

His dad was a QB for the Oilers but none of the rationalizations for the Chronicle's treatment of their team is justified . Criticizing is one thing rubbing their noses in it is another.