Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Hilton should buy the Houston Texans one day.

RockThatBlue

Did he just tie Starvin Marvin for career 150 yard games?

He has the longest active streak in the NFL of 800+ yards receiving/year at 7?

Two catches to surpass Reggie Wayne for most catches in first 7 seasons as a Colt?

And there are still Colts fans who say he isn't a true #1 WR?

Whatever...

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Four2itus said:

Two catches to surpass Reggie Wayne for most catches in first 7 seasons as a Colt?

Whatever...

He actually broke the tie I think.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Whatever...

Great post.

If you're beating Marv and Reggie records playing in Indy... You're very good.

I loved those 'I'll take a 4th for him' in that great ty thread last year.

Rarely misses games, plays hurt and has great chemistry with AL.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Four2itus said:

Whatever...

These people are clowns and clearly do not know football. He is more the  just a number one, he's a top 10 receiver in this league and a top 5 deep threat.  Maybe higher, but he does seem to have more off games than some. Granted,  I mainly watch the colts, and I'm sure all receivers have off days. Even the best of them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DrLuck said:

These people are clowns and clearly do not know football. He is more the  just a number one, he's a top 10 receiver in this league and a top 5 deep threat.  Maybe higher, but he does seem to have more off games than some. Granted,  I mainly watch the colts, and I'm sure all receivers have off days. Even the best of them.

Not considering him a #1 receiver is not a knock on him nor does it mean he would be overshadowed by a #1. He is small and generally can't take a beating. A #1 is generally a bigger guy who is sure handed and can stand up to a pounding better. TY would perform as good or maybe even better if we had the #1 and TY wasn't double teamed as much as he is. Just my opinion.

40 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

Not considering him a #1 receiver is not a knock on him nor does it mean he would be overshadowed by a #1. He is small and generally can't take a beating. A #1 is generally a bigger guy who is sure handed and can stand up to a pounding better. TY would perform as good or maybe even better if we had the #1 and TY wasn't double teamed as much as he is. Just my opinion.

Size has little to do with a receiver being what you call a #1. 

Was Marvin Harrison a #1?

Drawing double teams mean other teams see TY as a #1.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hoosierhawk said:

I couldn't disagree more. Being a true number 1 receiver is all about skill and level of play. Has nothing to do with size or standing up to a pounding. That's just silly imo. You can say, Hilton would do better with a big physical receiver on the field I guess, dont know i would agree, but it would at least make sense.

7 hours ago, DarkSuperman said:

TY is literally our only WR so you think the Texans would triple team the guy but they never learn. Wait until next year when we have an actual receiving corps behind TY.

My thoughts exactly. Wait untill we see Metcalf, Harmon, JJAW, Butler, or Collin Johnson from the draft playing opposite of him. Then the Texans will stop showing up to the games completely.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Size has little to do with a receiver being what you call a #1. 

Was Marvin Harrison a #1?

Drawing double teams mean other teams see TY as a #1.

He is #1,#2 and #3 as he is our only receive of value. That is why he is double. I guess I don't look at #1 receiver as necessarily being #1 because he is the best on the team. I look at #1 as more of the position he plays on the field. I look at it obviously different than some. This is not a put down of TY in the least. I hope we can all agree that he needs help bad.

11 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

He is #1,#2 and #3 as he is our only receive of value. That is why he is double. I guess I don't look at #1 receiver as necessarily being #1 because he is the best on the team. I look at #1 as more of the position he plays on the field. I look at it obviously different than some. This is not a put down of TY in the least. I hope we can all agree that he needs help bad.

So you think Antonio Brown is not a #1 receiver?

A #1 receiver does not have to be over 6 ft tall.

I agree we need help at the WR position but that has zero to do with TYs numbers and what he has done in his career.

11 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

So you think Antonio Brown is not a #1 receiver?

A #1 receiver does not have to be over 6 ft tall.

I agree we need help at the WR position but that has zero to do with TYs numbers and what he has done in his career.

Luck seems to be doing pretty good with what he has. We already have that guy you are talking about on the roster and his name is Ebron.

19 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you didn't read my comment?

Now you want to aim a sarcastic comment to me because I don't agree that a #1 receiver has to be a big tough guy.

Sorry, I guess I missed one of your posts.

32 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I see you do agree we need help at receiver. My bad. However in no way have I ever discredited Ty's numbers and what he has done in his career. 

30 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I see you do agree we need help at receiver. My bad. However in no way have I ever discredited Ty's numbers and what he has done in his career. 

The thing is IMO the receiver position being protected with the new rule additions has made the need for those guys you are referring to not as imperative.

TEs lining up in what used to be considered WR positions have eased the need.

Personally I don't think we are as bad as some think in the WR position. Pascal and Inman have shown great improvement and getting Johnson and Cain back off IR will pay off.

45 minutes ago, hoosierhawk said:

I actually didn't say that last part, Crazy Colt did in the above Post. Site malfunction I guess lmao but its all good because we do need a true #2.