Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we have what it takes to get into the playoffs

compuls1v3

2 minutes ago, Coltsfan1953 said:

How about if the Pats and Squeelers tie, can we root for that. I hate both teams. :yuk:

Gronk is back and that is bad news for the Steelers, unless he tweaked anything trying to tackle Drake :) 

If you think about it, as a #6 seed, you'd rather go to Houston than New England, so the Patriots winning might work for 1 round in the playoffs for us. 

Interesting scenario, according to the playoff machine on ESPN.  Even though we beat Miami head to head.

Colts : finish 9-7

W - DAL

W - NYG

L - TEN

Dolphins : finsih 9-7

L - MIN

W - JAX

W - BUF

Titans : finish 9-7

L - NYG

W - WAS

W - IND

Playoff Machine has this...

6th Seed - Miami
Wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Indianapolis (Tennessee wins tie break over Indianapolis based on best win percentage in division games).

4 minutes ago, Yinkgo said:

Interesting scenario, according to the playoff machine on ESPN.  Even though we beat Miami head to head.

Colts : finish 9-7

W - DAL

W - NYG

L - TEN

Dolphins : finsih 9-7

L - MIN

W - JAX

W - BUF

Titans : finish 9-7

L - NYG

W - WAS

W - IND

Playoff Machine has this...

6th Seed - Miami
Wins tie break over Tennessee based on head-to-head win percentage. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Indianapolis (Tennessee wins tie break over Indianapolis based on best win percentage in division games).

That may be true (the way they do it) but we have to beat Tennessee again anyway to make sure nothing goofy happens. Tenny is a Division game and Conference game.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That may be true (the way they do it) but we have to beat Tennessee again anyway to make sure nothing goofy happens. Tenny is a Division game and Conference game.

I'm more concerned about the Dallas game than Tenn. Luck is a part-owner for 2 games each year.

• Like 1

Dallas is America's cream. Everyone loves the boys from Fort Worth. I take my coffee black and live in Houston. Yes they are good but their dilemma is so are the Colts. Who can say? Look at the games yesterday. I don't put much weight in home field advantage so man-to-man decides it.

I think this team, if they win the last two AFC games, will have earned a 6th seed. I think they've got a pretty good shot at it too, especially if the Steelers cough up their lead and lose the next two and the Ravens take the division. 

As I've got it mapped out, I think we'll be seeing the Texans again. 

11 hours ago, Funyun said:

No, the playoff machine is definitely correct.  Google NFL tie breaking procedures. If a tie occurs within a division, it goes 1)Head to head record, 2)Division record, and THEN 3) Record against common opponents.  Colts have lost 3 dovision games, while the Texans have only lost 2.  

Wrong, the Colts and Texans are both tied with 2 divisional losses right now.