Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think we have what it takes to get into the playoffs

compuls1v3

and by that, I mean Luck! (All PUN intended) Gonna need a lot of it, but our defense can signal up the pressure when needed. Not sure we can go far if we get in, but it would be cool to away least see us swinging regardless if we make it or not, and today was a good statement game and an excellent response to last week's goose egg!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

Is there a way to not make it if they win out? They would be handing losses to 2 teams in the hunt and 1 team with upsets over playoff teams in case tiebreaker stuff happens.

I am not sure the ravens have any common opponents left. So yes if we win out and the ravens win out we do not make it.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looking at the ravens and Texans schedule I think we actually have a better chance to win the division then getting a wildcard. 

Too bad this overrated, mediocre Texan team fell assbackward into like 4 wins this year.  Indy has the best team in the divison, but it will be hard to win the division at this point.

If the season restarted now, the Colts would be like 10-3.....the Texans would be 6-7, at best.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Looking at the ravens and Texans schedule I think we actually have a better chance to win the division then getting a wildcard. 

The Texans would have to lose to Kessler and the Jags for us to get the tiebreaker.

8 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Not true actually, if we win out it doesn't matter who the Texans lose to. They need to lose 2/3, but we either win the tie breaker based on record against common opponents, or divisional record.

Haven't gone through the steps, but the playoff machine says otherwise.  If we're both 10-6 and they beat the Jags, it has them winning the division.

4 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

The Chargers play this Thursday and then they have a 10 day break to prepare for a home game vs the Ravens in week 16. I'm betting on the Chargers in that one.

5 hours ago, krunk said:

We got to win that Cowboys game. Pretty big game

The Colts are the Buzzkill team. Redskins crushed the Cards week 1, Indy beat em handily a week later. Titans blew out the Pats, Colts blew out the Titans a week later. Texans won 9 in a row, Colts ended their win streak. Now the Cowboys are on a roll, but the Colts are gonna stop that too :thmup:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, #12. said:

Haven't gone through the steps, but the playoff machine says otherwise.  If we're both 10-6 and they beat the Jags, it has them winning the division.

Playoff machine is wrong. If Texans lose 2 out of their final 3, that would give them 5 losses versus common opponents (Giants, Titans, Patriots, and 2 of their final 3). Colts currently have  4 (New England, Jets, Jax, and Philly).

Indy's 5th and 6th losses are to Houston and Cincinnati, neither of which count towards common opponent. Not sure why the playoff machine isn't working, but it's bugged.

42 minutes ago, BlueCollarColts said:

Playoff machine is wrong. If Texans lose 2 out of their final 3, that would give them 5 losses versus common opponents (Giants, Titans, Patriots, and 2 of their final 3). Colts currently have  4 (New England, Jets, Jax, and Philly).

Indy's 5th and 6th losses are to Houston and Cincinnati, neither of which count towards common opponent. Not sure why the playoff machine isn't working, but it's bugged.

No, the playoff machine is definitely correct.  Google NFL tie breaking procedures. If a tie occurs within a division, it goes 1)Head to head record, 2)Division record, and THEN 3) Record against common opponents.  Colts have lost 3 dovision games, while the Texans have only lost 2.  

One thing people are overlooking; with the Steelers losing today, provided that we win out, the Steelers or Ravens only need to lose one of their three games left. It would put us a half game over the Steelers or a full game over the Ravens. Steelers have the Pats next week and the Saints the following week and they just lost to the Raiders. Ravens have the Chargers in a couple weeks. If we win out we definitely have a great shot. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

One thing people are overlooking; with the Steelers losing today, provided that we win out, the Steelers or Ravens only need to lose one of their three games left. It would put us a half game over the Steelers or a full game over the Ravens. Steelers have the Pats next week and the Saints the following week and they just lost to the Raiders. Ravens have the Chargers in a couple weeks. If we win out we definitely have a great shot. 

Pretty much this, win out and I think we have a very good shot. Lose one and it gets... squeaky.

I guess I stand corrected. Looking forward with the playoff machine, the Ravens are going to win their division, which puts us in competition with the Steelers and Broncos. We can lose one more but not two and still make it in at 9-7. So root for the Saints in week 16 and the Chargers in Week 17.

• Nadine pinned and unpinned this topic
2 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I guess I stand corrected. Looking forward with the playoff machine, the Ravens are going to win their division, which puts us in competition with the Steelers and Broncos. We can lose one more but not two and still make it in at 9-7. So root for the Saints in week 16 and the Chargers in Week 17.

Broncos lost and are 6-7. 

If the Colts win out and Pittsburgh loses to NE or NO and/or Baltimore loses to  the Chargers, the Colts are in. 

Here’s a good link for each team:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25494877/2018-nfl-afc-nfc-playoff-picture-bracket-schedule-super-bowl-matchups-week-14%3fplatform=amp

5 hours ago, Funyun said:

No, the playoff machine is definitely correct.  Google NFL tie breaking procedures. If a tie occurs within a division, it goes 1)Head to head record, 2)Division record, and THEN 3) Record against common opponents.  Colts have lost 3 dovision games, while the Texans have only lost 2.  

The Playoff machine is wrong, Colts only have 2 Division losses NOT 3. Colts are 3-2 in the Division and if we win out we would have the tiebreaker over Houston if we both go 10-6. A Houston fan must've hacked the ol Playoff machine :funny: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Broncos lost and are 6-7. 

If the Colts win out and Pittsburgh loses to NE or NO and/or Baltimore loses to  the Chargers, the Colts are in. 

Here’s a good link for each team:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25494877/2018-nfl-afc-nfc-playoff-picture-bracket-schedule-super-bowl-matchups-week-14%3fplatform=amp

I know, but I can see them winning out. Baltimore will drop one but will win the Division over the Steelers.

I don't see us "winning out".    Dallas is strong, the Giants are playing better and the Titans is on the road.   With this team having stretches like the Jags game and yesterdays 1st quarter, I don't see us stringing 3 more wins together.  

However, it could happen and it has to start by beating a darn good Dallas team.   We will need to find a way to bust threw their O-line. 

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

I don't see us "winning out".    Dallas is strong, the Giants are playing better and the Titans is on the road.   With this team having stretches like the Jags game and yesterdays 1st quarter, I don't see us stringing 3 more wins together.  

However, it could happen and it has to start by beating a darn good Dallas team.   We will need to find a way to bust threw their O-line. 

I still say we finish 9-7 but if we do beat Dallas, 10-6 is looking alot better. I have Dallas a 50/50 game. They are pretty good. 

7 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Pats over Steelers 

Bucs over Ravens

Giants over Titans

Vikes over Dolphins

Colts over Cowboys

Jets over Texans 

I'll stick my fingers down my throat for that NE game... Lol..

Thanks for the info..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Corrected....we do. not. ever... root for the pats

It is so tough.   We have to root for the Pats.  

Well, I guess there is a loophole.   We play at 1pm and the Pats/Pit game is at 4:25pm.    If we get beat by Dallas, it won't matter if the Pats beat the Steelers. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

It is so tough.   We have to root for the Pats.  

Well, I guess there is a loophole.   We play at 1pm and the Pats/Pit game is at 4:25pm.    If we get beat by Dallas, it won't matter if the Pats beat the Steelers. 

I'm not "rooting" for them, cause I am counting that as a win for the Pats.