Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• While I agree his overall production might settle things down, I disagree with a lot of your assessment. His production last year was very solid. 1000+ yards, great AVG, and 13 TDs. Prior to that, he was sitting behind Boykin, and if you know Kelly at all, you know he isn't big on playing young skill players.   That said, he still had 600+ his JR year with Boykin as the headliner. As far as big games, IMO he did just fine. Had a good game vs UGA, and was a monster in the bowl game this year. The only other "big" game was scUM, and everybody looked bad. Book was 8 of 25... Worst game plan I've ever seen from Kelly.   Then add in the other impacts. After they booted Long and Rees took over, his production jumped up significantly. Also just the fact he has Book throwing it to him. I love Book, but he's a three star guy with clear limitations. It'll be interesting to see how he does with Tommy as the OC in 2020.    As far as separation is concerned, the great majority of his routes were possession routes and 50/50 type stuff (so didn't get much "designed" separation). Book didn't throw a lot of go route stuff either. His hands were more than good intermediate and deep. Drops (true drops) for the most part were short stuff that can arguably be a "touch" and timing issue to an extent with Book. When they started running him a lot in shallow routes (when they moved Finke outside for a time, which was dumb), he was not near as productive. I'd say he can easily overcome those issues by improving hand readiness on the short stuff. That can be taught.
    • man.   I'm only interested in getting one retired guy 
    • If love, Herbert, tua are gone, I’d be on board for a trade down. If lamb or Jeudy are there maybe philly would send us a 1st next year?? If we’re not going to be able to get our future QB this year I’d like to try to get some teams 1st next year. If these bottom teams take a QB, one would think they’ll struggle next year and might be at the top end of the draft next year, with their QB already in place  Which means they’d likely trade that top pick. Trade down, take Reagor or Chassion from LSU. Use 34th for another trade down possibility or take Kmet or the tcu DT. This draft is deep at many of our positions of need, if we can add talent this year and add a pick or two for next year might be the best scenario. 
    • Get outta here with that logic....  
    • This was my first time ever watching the combine on TV. As someone who doesn’t sit and pick apart QBs, I actually thought Jalen Hurts looked good. Kinda surprised they weren’t talking about him more.
  • Members

• KB

KB 472

• PureLuck

PureLuck 111

• boo2202

boo2202 367

• HoosierHero

HoosierHero 1

Rookie
    • CheezyColt

CheezyColt 802