Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Texans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

Hi, Colts fans!  :default_20smile: Our Indianapolis Colts try to go above their 6-6 regular season record, as they are in Southeast Texas to play the 9-3 and AFC South leading Houston Texans,  Texans are on a nine-game winning streak since losing their first three games of the regular season, hence their 9-3 record, but the Colts certainly won't be their tenth straight opponent  in as many games to continue their streak.

Colts seek to win again in Houston's NRG Stadium this after Jacoby Brissett threw 2 touchdown passes, both to T.Y Hilton from 45 and 80 yards, and Adam Vinitieri added his two field goals from 22 and 53 yards, and his 2 PAT's, for the 20-14 final back on November 5, 2017.

Colts seeks to avenge their earlier loss, when Texans kicker Ka'imi Fairbairn kicked his game-winning, 37-yard field goal with 5:00 left in overtime, to help Houston defeat Indianapolis 37-34, at the real Lucas Oil Stadium back on September 30.

Indianapolis still leads the all-time regular season series over the Houston Texans over any NFL opponent since the series and rivalry in the AFC South began in September 2002 at 25 wins and 8 losses, but the Texans has won 4 of the last 6 games since December 2015.

Texans record has improved by five games in 2018, and were 4-8 after  13 weeks of the 2017 NFL season, due to their second-year QB. DeShaun Watson. Watson may have won NFL Rookie Of The Year and help the Texans from their 4-12 record last year, and continue setting both Texans and NFL rookie record, if it wasn't his torn ACL he suffered in practice after a Week 8 loss in Seattle.

NRG Stadium's retractable roof will likely be closed, because mostly cloudy skies at 50 degrees, feels like 47 degrees, is the local forecast for this afternoon's 1:05 PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0%  precipitation, 63% humidity, and north/northwest winds at 8 miles per hour.

Head Linesman Bill Vinovich and his NFL officiating crew will supervise the game action in the NRG Field between the Colts and Texans.

Colts and Texans players continue to participate  during December's 'My Cause, My Cleats,' campaign, by wearing their personal Nike custom-designed football cleats they wear on the field during game action , to raise public aware and support their personal causes and charities.

NO injuries, win your seventh straight on the road as they Texans have done earlier in Indianapolis, and LET'S GO COLTS!!!!!   :rock:  :coltslogo:    :1colts:  :colts:   :1colts:   :coltslogo:    :rock:

2018 Colts @ Texans  NFL Game Preview,  Live NFL Game Center, Team Injury Reports, NFL On CBS Early Single Header Game In Yellow, And the NFL's 'My Cause, My Cleats,' Links:

https://www.colts.com/news/2018-colts-preview-colts-texans-week-14

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2018120904/2018/REG14/Colts@Texans#menu=gameinfo&tab=preview

https://www.colts.com/team/injury-report

https://www.houstontexans.com/team/injury-report

https://506sports.com/

https://www.nfl.com/mycausemycleats

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'll also predict 28-14 Colts win over Texans Coltsbestever, considering Andrew Luck has more veteran NFL experience and leadership than DeShaun Watson, Colts defence has to also contain and overcome the Texans from the NFL's #5 scoring offense while the Colts have the #15 scoring offense. GO COLTS!!     :coltslogo:  :coltshelmet:  :colts:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Houston is due for a loss, and this week is a good time for that. TY Hilton was questionable, but it looks like he will be playing. That's a positive sign. 

No team is ever "due" for a loss or even a win. That's like seeing 10 red spaces come up on a roulette wheel and betting the farm on black because it's "due". The bottom line is that Kelly is probably out, Watt and Clowney are going to wreck havoc, and we are out of sync on offense. We need to establish the run today, get pressure on Watson again like last time, and not turn the ball over.

I think we get beat 27-17 or something close. This is a bad matchup for us.

• Like 3

Huge game for both teams.   Houston is in the hunt for a bye and home field advantage.   Maybe more importantly, they want to establish themselves as the class of the division.   It's going to be tough for the Colts to win this one.   I think the Texans win 31-17.    

It's not like the Colts don't have a chance though.   If Luck is on it and can have a good game, we can stay in this game.  

It'll be fun to see how both of these teams play in such a crucial game.  Do or die for the Colts. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No team is ever "due" for a loss or even a win. That's like seeing 10 red spaces come up on a roulette wheel and betting the farm on black because it's "due". The bottom line is that Kelly is probably out, Watt and Clowney are going to wreck havoc, and we are out of sync on offense. We need to establish the run today, get pressure on Watson again like last time, and not turn the ball over.

I think we get beat 27-17 or something close. This is a bad matchup for us.

kelly is out, and ty is game time decision.  im still rooting for a win here, but its hard to predict one  

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

Hello Game Day friends, hope you all enjoy the game and we see the Colts win. 

Have fun and behave yourselves  :P

First thanx LOS ……… Now as to the game I am DEMANDING that just for once lets have a game where we DO NOT turn the ball over …… and......AND !.....HAVE ZERO PENALTIES ! Those are my minimum expectations of this team today ………. GO COLTS !!!!!

This looks like another garbage game plan executed by a regressing team. Wins or losses wasn’t on my judgement for this season but we’ve seen a few games now where we look like a poorly coached team. That’s not saying Reich and company isn’t going to do a fine job, I still have confidence in them but this team doesn’t resemble the first 1-5 team we seen. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jdubu said:

This looks like another garbage game plan executed by a regressing team. Wins or losses wasn’t on my judgement for this season but we’ve seen a few games now where we look like a poorly coached team. That’s not saying Reich and company isn’t going to do a fine job, I still have confidence in them but this team doesn’t resemble the first 1-5 team we seen. 

It’s been two possessions...

• Thanks 2