Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

New England (-7.5) at Miami (12-9-18)

oldunclemark

1 p.m. EST, Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts on FOX

Mid-70s with a chance of rain at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami  Over-under at 47..

"Shady' Tom Brady (286 of 434, 3,342 yards, 20 TDs, 8 INTs) will look for all-purpose RB James White (74 catches, 659 yards) as well as old tight end Rob Gronkowski (354 catches, 530 yards)..  Miami cant cover anybody so they'll need the pass rush of 'The Mighty' Robert Quinn and Cameron (Earth) Wake to put Brady on the warm Miami grass.

The Dolphins only have 192 first downs in 12 games but they've been better since the 'Ryan Man' Ryan Tannehill returned from injury.

Living legend Frank Gore has gained 616 yards on 139 runs.

Xavier Howard has seven of Miami's 19 pass interceptions..

New England (9-3) clinches the AFC East with a win but Miami (6-6) must win or they will lose ground tom somebody (Colts, Baltimore, Tennessee) in the AFC playoff race. 

the Patriots usually fail to show up in Miami for some reason. ..they lost in Florida 27-20 in the Jay Cutler retirement game last year and NE has lost four of their last 5 games in Miami

But Miami has failed to show up most of the year on offense. The Dolphins are 29th (3,625 total yards in 12 games) of 32 teams (Buffalo, the Jets and Arizona suck worse) in yards gained.

The Pats have won 8 of their last 9 and they have been hearing all week how they tend to crumble here but they do and Miami is much better with Tannehill.

What steps out at you is the spread.  Im wary of some unknown factor here but Miami at home is going to cover 7 1/2..

Unless 'Dollar Bill' has made a couple of phone calls.

some books have the patriots by 9 now.  im not betting this year, but if i was i would be taking  a closer look at this one 

kind of hate to say it, but the texans by 4 is one i would look at too if i was going to be totally non biased 

54 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Pats had Gronkowski playing safety on the last play of the game and he missed the game-saving tackle.

Unbelievable

I know we wanted Pats to win, but I got a real kick out of watching him stumble around in his futile attempt to make the tackle. Now he knows how the defense feels going against him.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, 18to87 said:

Coaches may think twice now about putting offensive players in for hail mary's!

That's what I'm thinking.....

...I know they prepare to defend that play....and I've seen tall receivers back on defense..guys who were probably defensive backs in high school..

….But Gronkowski doesnt look 100% healthy anyway......why him?

That play probably gave KC the No.1 seed

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what I'm thinking.....

...I know they prepare to defend that play....and I've seen tall receivers back on defense..guys who were probably defensive backs in high school..

….But Gronkowski doesnt look 100% healthy anyway......why him?

That play probably gave KC the No.1 seed

I mean it wasn’t even going to be a Hail Mary to knock down they were way to far from the end zone....dumb dumb dumb....but I bet Bill won’t give a response.

40 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

One of my Pats buddies was wondering why they didn't go for the TD on 4th and goal..  even if they missed the Dolphins would've had to go 90 something yards in like 16-18 secs

Nah that’s normal operating procedure for every team. I was more upset at the screw up at the end of the first half. Kick a FG there and well the game is over even with that fluke play.. I swear there is like some vu do curse on the Pats in Miami.. they seem find new and imaginative ways to lose there! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Nah that’s normal operating procedure for every team. I was more upset at the screw up at the end of the first half. Kick a FG there and well the game is over even with that fluke play.. I swear there is like some vu do curse on the Pats in Miami.. they seem find new and imaginative ways to lose there! 

Your loss was a fluke in reality much like Andrew getting shutout last week. Flukes happen in the NFL at times. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

You're not lying.. the 2015 meltdown was bad.. but I think this one will take the cake now. 

Brady just had a mental lapse at the end of the 1st half. 

2 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

You're not lying.. the 2015 meltdown was bad.. but I think this one will take the cake now. 

Brady just had a mental lapse at the end of the 1st half. 

Brady has a great game, this loss wasn’t on him or the O.  Heck I am just going chalk it up to one of those “crap happens” games.. thankfully this wasn’t the SB like the last time that happened. (Miracle catch with the helmet lol) 

but it did solidify for me that this D is no where good enough to win a SB, I dare say the Pats lose in the AFCCG to the Chiefs in a shootout..

10 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Brady has a great game, this loss wasn’t on him or the O.  Heck I am just going chalk it up to one of those “crap happens” games.. thankfully this wasn’t the SB like the last time that happened. (Miracle catch with the helmet lol) 

but it did solidify for me that this D is no where good enough to win a SB, I dare say the Pats lose in the AFCCG to the Chiefs in a shootout..

I am really happy the Colts proved me right yesterday because I picked them to win and I had last weeks game as a "crap happens game" where it worried many. What the Jags did was a complete fluke. That was their SB vs us.

35 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I swear there is like some vu do curse on the Pats in Miami.. they seem find new and imaginative ways to lose there! 

That's what intrigues me.

There is no 'real world' explaination for why Miami beats New England in Florida.

Its not like the cold in Chicago or the light air in Denver

The better team should play better in warmer weather and there's no question the Pats are the better team.

It hasn't hurt them in the long run. Its just that one place. I wish I understood it.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what BB was thinking but even the best mess up at times and that was a lucky/fluke play by Miami in reality. 

Now, if the Chiefs beat the Chargers, which I think they will in a close one, the road to the SB goes through Arrowhead. 

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not sure what BB was thinking but even the best mess up at times and that was a lucky/fluke play by Miami in reality. 

I don’t blame Gronk at all for that! There are 10 other guys out there who play D all game one of hen SHOULD have made the tackle. Like I said that was a fluke. The one good thing came of that is Pats still have the #2 seed and now the Ravens been leap frogged by either the Colts or the Phins (Sorry I don’t know which one) for the sixth seed.

3 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

I don’t blame Gronk at all for that! There are 10 other guys out there who play D all game one of hen SHOULD have made the tackle. Like I said that was a fluke. The one good thing came of that is Pats still have the #2 seed and now the Ravens been leap frogged by either the Colts or the Phins (Sorry I don’t know which one) for the sixth seed.

We still need the Ravens to lose at Chargers which will happen IMO but the Steelers still play you guys and the Saints. They may be in trouble. Oakland beat them :banana:

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

That's what intrigues me.

There is no 'real world' explaination for why Miami beats New England in Florida.

Its not like the cold in Chicago or the light air in Denver

The better team should play better in warmer weather and there's no question the Pats are the better team.

It hasn't hurt them in the long run. Its just that one place. I wish I understood it.

This year the Pats team confuses me anyways!  I mean all their losses are to sub par teams.  It’s almost like the Team gets cocky and gets destroyed by a bad team. (Outside of the Jags game where the Jags just played out of their minds.) 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We still need the Ravens to lose at Chargers which will happen IMO but the Steelers still play you guys and the Saints. They may be in trouble. Oakland beat them :banana:

Both teams going come in angry.. I’m just hoping the good Pats D shows up! Lol.. but ya I see them missing the playoffs if they lose Sunday to the Pats.

6 hours ago, chad72 said:

Now, if the Chiefs beat the Chargers, which I think they will in a close one, the road to the SB goes through Arrowhead. 

Uh....you mean like how the mighty Titans went through Arrowhead last year...you do realize the Chiefs haven't won a home playoff game since the GOAT played for them...Joe Montana back in 94. Lost to Titans, Steelers last two years....to Ravens, Broncos, and Colts x2...and x4 overall to the Colts....they don't want to face us I promise you lol. I know it's an entirely different team but it isn't exactly caused other teams problems playing there in the post-season like Foxboro. Without a balanced attack with Hunt gone....I am not overally intimidated by the Chiefs....rookie qb in the playoffs....that's a team I would much prefer to face then Brady.

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Uh....you mean like how the mighty Titans went through Arrowhead last year...you do realize the Chiefs haven't won a home playoff game since the GOAT played for them...Joe Montana back in 94. Lost to Titans, Steelers last two years....to Ravens, Broncos, and Colts x2...and x4 overall to the Colts....they don't want to face us I promise you lol. I know it's an entirely different team but it isn't exactly caused other teams problems playing there in the post-season like Foxboro. Without a balanced attack with Hunt gone....I am not overally intimidated by the Chiefs....rookie qb in the playoffs....that's a team I would much prefer to face then Brady.

I don't know, something is different about Mahomes to me, call it a gut feeling.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I don't know, something is different about Mahomes to me, call it a gut feeling.

I look for him to play like the Pats did....make him make tough throws outside the numbers...beat them with his touch. Just get him a little over amped and that arm will work against him. Speed him up a bit make him make quick decisions....and force KC to run the ball.....they are good don't get me wrong....but they have their flaws.

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

I look for him to play like the Pats did....make him make tough throws outside the numbers...beat them with his touch. Just get him a little over amped and that arm will work against him. Speed him up a bit make him make quick decisions....and force KC to run the ball.....they are good don't get me wrong....but they have their flaws.

They ran the ball well enough vs the top ranked run D, 97 yards on 25 carries for the RBs, and stayed committed to it. Everyone has their flaws. With home field advantage, you don't have the crowd to bother you with the noise like in Foxboro. He had plenty of touch on his throws to Kelce, you should go and watch his throws. It is when plays break down, that is where Mahomes has the X factor that you cannot teach. That OL has protected him well and they are not a top scoring offense for no reason. 

Their biggest flaw is their defense, that can be made to stay on the field for a long time due to their run D deficiencies. They are hoping that Eric Berry coming back will bolster a lot of things. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chad72 said:

They ran the ball well enough vs the top ranked run D, 97 yards on 25 carries for the RBs, and stayed committed to it. Everyone has their flaws. With home field advantage, you don't have the crowd to bother you with the noise like in Foxboro. He had plenty of touch on his throws to Kelce, you should go and watch his throws. It is when plays break down, that is where Mahomes has the X factor that you cannot teach. That OL has protected him well and they are not a top scoring offense for no reason. 

Their biggest flaw is their defense, that can be made to stay on the field for a long time due to their run D deficiencies. They are hoping that Eric Berry coming back will bolster a lot of things. 

I've seen almost all of their games as I'm in their market. I'm just saying...young qbs have off games typically on the biggest stage. I just trust Brady more than Mahomes. Playoffs are a different monster. Guess we will see...but without that explosiveness in the run game and their poor defense...I think they get upset.