Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Titans crush Jags by .......

bigt

47 minutes ago, threeflight said:

You have to wonder about a Colts team that put up a goose egg when a non entity offense like what the Titans have puts up 30.

Not really, It's the NFL and we were due for a stinker like I have Posted probably now 10 times. I have been watching Football for 40 years and have seen teams on a roll lay a stinker. You are older than me so not sure why you do not understand this? The Pats put up 14 points to the Giants in SB 42 while undefeated. They had the best Offense ever. It happens Bro. Luck isn't perfect and we failed to get every 4th down which rarely happens too and is a fluke. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mahagga73 said:

Reich game plan was terrible last week , but that being said,  the Titans are pretty good in-division against everybody but the Colts it seems like.  

Yeah Reich is learning on the fly. He just needs to know when to go for it and not too. It's hindsight but we could be easily be 7-4-1 right now and dancing around had we took the tie against Houston and kicked 3 FG's at Jacks but we didn't. Hindsight is the best thing ever isn't it? We can all criticise someone when plays back fire lmao . Had the plays worked, everyone in here would have Reich as COY, people are lying if they say any different. I still like Reich's aggressive nature and 6-6 is pretty good considering USA Today had us winning 2 games, ESPN and NFL.com had us rated 32nd and winning 4 games. We have overachieved already in reality with just 6 wins and Luck is healthy and Great when many thought he had a noodle shoulder and may never play again. Now that was really funny. With today's technology, I pretty much knew Luck would play again and even be Good at worse. That is why I picked us 9-7. The way the media was acting was Luck's right arm was falling off and it was a silly noodle, some people actually bought into that doo doo :funny:

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Reich game plan was terrible last week , but that being said,  the Titans are pretty good in-division against everybody but the Colts it seems like.  

Titans own the Jaguars, the Jaguars give us issues on the road always, the Colts own the Titans and split/get swept with the Texans and Jaguars. That theme keeps happening the last few years, it seems like.

It seems like everybody wants to give Reich the benefit of the doubt because he is a new HC.  But the man played a long time and has coached quite awhile now.  I know he's a new HC but he has seen a lot and been around a lot.  What we are seeing is probably his personality and make up at work here.  He might not change at all.  We might be living and dying by the sword going forward. 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It seems like everybody wants to give Reich the benefit of the doubt because he is a new HC.  But the man played a long time and has coached quite awhile now.  I know he's a new HC but he has seen a lot and been around a lot.  What we are seeing is probably his personality and make up at work here.  He might not change at all.  We might be living and dying by the sword going forward. 

I hope so. He just needs to use the QB sneak :rock:

45 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't think so. The league has changed dramatically in the last few years, involving analytics in so much degree than never before. That's why so many teams go for the 4th nowadays - faling or succeeding, but still going. Was this week's MNF when one team went for the 4th 6+ times? Or was it the SNF?

Anyway, not only Reich, but generally, most coaching staffs are way more agressive, than before. Even if Reich was relatively conservative compared to Reid, McVay, Pederson, etc., we'd still feel him being agressive, after the Pagano era. But he is not, he is agressive in his nature, so it's even bigger change.

Is he over-agressive? We will see. He gave an interview to 1070 (i think) recently, and told about the offensive game preparation process, how they put together the game plan, then have the analytics team involved in to analyze each and every play, the possible success rate depending on game situations, defensive, offensive personnel (who is on who), even weather (temperature, moisture), is it on turf or grass, the field condition, etc, etc. It's a complex and well thought out process.

Of course, it'll always be the HC who has the final word, whether he goes for it or not. Reich mentioned 2-3 cases, when he didn't go for it, so he is always considering before making the decisions. So, I think the agressiveness won't go away, it's the new standard. What might change is he'll become a bit better at "feeling" his team, feeling the situation and make better decisions of when to ride with what the analytics say and when to go against them. Or,  he won't. We will see.

Anyway, I am OK with the agressiveness so far. I am a bit less satisfied with his clock management (timeouts), but I still can't decide whether it's his problem, or simply the consequence of having a lot of young/new players playing in a new scheme, which, at this stage, in certain situations requires some extra sideline help (to make sure everyone is on the same page).

This article says it all:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jaguars-defense-gets-embarrassed-by-titans-henry-120618

Key lines:

The difference was that the Colts continually threw the ball against a Jacksonville defense that has allowed 15 touchdown passes all season, matching Minnesota for the fewest of any NFL team. Jacksonville is more vulnerable against the run, which helps explain why the Jaguars have lost to the Titans four straight times.

“We’ve got to stop the run,” Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said. “Everybody tried to talk about like how our defense is back. People have got to realize Indy played to our strengths. They tried to pass the ball (nearly) 60 times. (Tennessee) didn’t really try to pass the ball today. They just ran the ball and they dominated. That’s been the common denominator for the last four times we played them.”

20 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Not really, It's the NFL and we were due for a stinker like I have Posted probably now 10 times. I have been watching Football for 40 years and have seen teams on a roll lay a stinker. You are older than me so not sure why you do not understand this? The Pats put up 14 points to the Giants in SB 42 while undefeated. They had the best Offense ever. It happens Bro. Luck isn't perfect and we failed to get every 4th down which rarely happens too and is a fluke. 

They take the field goals when they could have gotten them they win the game just sayin.

On 12/7/2018 at 9:56 AM, chad72 said:

This article says it all:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jaguars-defense-gets-embarrassed-by-titans-henry-120618

Key lines:

The difference was that the Colts continually threw the ball against a Jacksonville defense that has allowed 15 touchdown passes all season, matching Minnesota for the fewest of any NFL team. Jacksonville is more vulnerable against the run, which helps explain why the Jaguars have lost to the Titans four straight times.

“We’ve got to stop the run,” Jaguars cornerback A.J. Bouye said. “Everybody tried to talk about like how our defense is back. People have got to realize Indy played to our strengths. They tried to pass the ball (nearly) 60 times. (Tennessee) didn’t really try to pass the ball today. They just ran the ball and they dominated. That’s been the common denominator for the last four times we played them.”

My question about the coaching then is this:  with all the analytics why did we play to their strengths???