Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oldunclemark

Jacksonville at Tennessee

Jax just failed 4 plays inside the Tennessee 5-yard line and the Titans went 99 yards to score

..on one play.    Derrick Henry

13-2 Titans..no help for us tonight

Their SB was last week with Ramsey vs Luck. I am not worried about the Titans because we play them again and own the tiebreaker. I figured this would happen anyway.

I like Reich and the direction of this team.   He did not coach well last week.  U run on the Jags u don't go pass happy on them.  This game and Tennessee's approach just highlights last weeks terrible game plan and play calling.   Just saying

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I like Reich and the direction of this team.   He did not coach well last week.  U run on the Jags u don't go pass happy on them.  This game and Tennessee's approach just highlights last weeks terrible game plan and play calling.   Just saying

We tried to run but couldn't, last week Jacks played perfect and IMO it was a fluke what they did by shutting us out. This game tonight doesn't surprise me at all. Jacks is having a let down after playing a perfect Defensive game. 

They have flashes of the team we faced last week, but this tackling lmao

Just not the same tonight. 

40 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jax just failed 4 plays inside the Tennessee 5-yard line and the Titans went 99 yards to score

..on one play.    Derrick Henry

13-2 Titans..no help for us tonight

Yeah the refs missed that facemask penalty on Henry too. 

34 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We tried to run but couldn't, last week Jacks played perfect and IMO it was a fluke what they did by shutting us out. This game tonight doesn't surprise me at all. Jacks is having a let down after playing a perfect Defensive game. 

Yes we did try but  got away from it to early and the Jags were never a threat to pull away.  We passed 13 straight times at one point in the game.  Like i said I like the coaches. The game just got away from them.  It happens

1 minute ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Titans offense did more in the first 5:30 of this game than we could in 4 quarters last week.

True but let downs happen, we won 5 in a row and were just due for a stinker. It happens to every team every year. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but let downs happen, we won 5 in a row and were just due for a stinker. It happens to every team every year. 

And a stinker it was. This Jax team seems to have forgotten how to tackle.

Titans play calling>Reich play calling. What the heck are the Jags thinking, we all know Bortles is bad but Kessler looks to be worse...and yea how did we let Cody Kessler beat us?!?

5 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

And a stinker it was. This Jax team seems to have forgotten how to tackle.

We contributed to it being a stinker.  My brother in  law is a titans fan.  They own the Jags.   They will run right at them and keep running.  I dont know a lot bout football but everyone knows  u run on the Jags if u want to control their D.   Everyone is saying they r missing tackles in this game.   Yes they r because it is a lot harder to tackle the runner than simply pinning their ears back and coming after the qb.  This game just highlights how bad we schemed last week. I don't want to hear that last weeks game was the Jags super bowl. That's the cheap way out and let's our coaches off the hook.

22 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Titans offense did more in the first 5:30 of this game than we could in 4 quarters last week.

6 quarters going back to the last time we played them :(

8 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

We contributed to it being a stinker.  My brother in  law is a titans fan.  They own the Jags.   They will run right at them and keep running.  I dont know a lot bout football but everyone knows  u run on the Jags if u want to control their D.   Everyone is saying they r missing tackles in this game.   Yes they r because it is a lot harder to tackle the runner than simply pinning their ears back and coming after the qb.  This game just highlights how bad we schemed last week. I don't want to hear that last weeks game was the Jags super bowl. That's the cheap way out and let's our coaches off the hook.

You think it’s a scheme? Not saying that’s wrong, but I’m not seeing anything special the Titans are doing that we didn’t attempt to do. I truly feel they wanted revenge after getting embarrassed when we played them last time at home. 

20 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

Titans play calling>Reich play calling. What the heck are the Jags thinking, we all know Bortles is bad but Kessler looks to be worse...and yea how did we let Cody Kessler beat us?!?

Kessler did not beat us. We beat ourselves.

7 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

You think it’s a scheme? Not saying that’s wrong, but I’m not seeing anything special the Titans are doing that we didn’t attempt to do. I truly feel they wanted revenge after getting embarrassed when we played them last time at home. 

Wen u throw 13 times in a row  and/or abandon try run that is scheme or game plan.  Not I am not trying to b hard on Reich.  I think he is a terrific coach.  I just think he lost the pulse of the game.  It happens to the great ones.

lol Colts vs Jags- Rush for 48 yards in first half, abandon the run and continue to throw 52 pass attempts.

Titans vs Jags-  Henry- 239 yards and 4TD in 3.5 quarters.

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Wen u throw 13 times in a row  and/or abandon try run that is scheme or game plan.  Not I am not trying to b hard on Reich.  I think he is a terrific coach.  I just think he lost the pulse of the game.  It happens to the great ones.

Reich hasn’t done anything yet to throw around terms like “great”.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

There's a lot of truth to that..

Jax is playing 'punk ball'  

All they're interested in is late hits and celebrating the few stops they make

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jacksonville is embarrassing....and maybe it wasnt all Bortles

30-9 Tennessee

Lots of players are going to be sent packing on the Jags, including the head coach.

Just now, chad72 said:

Lots of players are going to be sent packing on the Jags, including the head coach.

They are going to finish with at least 9 losses...and if you think they're better than that (and I do) , then you are right.....they need a whole new coaching staff.

Jax is as undisciplined a team as I've seen in  years

24 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Good point. Would agree we abandoned the run early. I think this game tonight if anything highlights the need that a power back is definitely needed. Henry is running all over them. 

32 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

we also need to take 3 points when its on the board in a close game on the road against a tough defensive team

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Its funny how wins don't stuck with a team....

….We lost ONE after winning 5 weeks in a row and suddenly we're no good?

We still have to beat Tennessee and Houston on the road. Nothing has changed

14 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Reich hasn’t done anything yet to throw around terms like “great”.

I didn't mean to say he had earned the title of great head coach.  Just meant that even great coaches have a bad day.   He is a rookie coach that shows promise

34 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Exactly, we have to win both those games. Even had we won last week, still would've had too. I think most people are stunned we got shut out, I don't blame them. I am as well but a stinker was coming eventually and there it was.

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

True. Nothing has changed w.r.t those Houston and TN road games. However, when Pagano was HC, we felt like one thing we did not do was win games against teams we were supposed to beat, and we thought that would change. With Kessler being check down Charlie with his first game in years, we should have handled the Jaguars. Losing the Jaguars game just gave us absolutely little room for error now, that is what has changed, IMO. Losing to the Jaguars during our SB winning year scoring 17 points but giving up 375 yards and 44 points had a different feel to it, IMO.  I know there are no style points in the NFL, just W or L but scoring a bagel never feels good in the modern NFL, hope that bad taste in the mouth is gone by this weekend.

Still playing with house money though, so will enjoy whatever happens the rest of the way.  :)