krunk

Matthew Adams Is Earning His Spot

9 minutes ago, krunk said:

He's better than Zaire to me.  I've always liked him.

I'm not a Zaire fan. I definitely liked Adams athleticism better. Good to see him continuing to carve out a role in the defense. 

• Like 2

You almost never heard about Adams in camp reports, and he didn't play the 1st 5 games, so no wonder he is a surprise.  

This was a good pick. Always nice to see a 7th rounder hit for their draft position. One of these a draft would go a long ways in building the team.

• Like 3

When he was drafted I said he reminded me of Clint Session. Last Sunday's game sure reminded me of the way Clint used to play.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

When he was drafted I said he reminded me of Clint Session. Last Sunday's game sure reminded me of the way Clint used to play.

Sick reference, bro. He had a couple really nice years for us, too bad he couldn't stick.

• Like 2

Definitely a hard hitter. Pretty sure he had a high PFF score this past weekend. 

He has had some sick hits in special teams this year.  I think there were a few in Preseason as well.

I almost started a thread earlier in the week to ask if anyone else was noticing this guy. 

He is a great open field tackler.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, egg said:

I almost started a thread earlier in the week to ask if anyone else was noticing this guy. 

He is a great open field tackler.

He is very impressive for a 7th rounder show there is a guy who could start for the team if god forbid something happens to Leonard or walker hope it doesn't happen but our injury luck still sucks.

I have been talking about Adams from time we drafted him (yes I'm tooting my own horn a bit).  He is still a bit slow to recognize the paly sometimes (I believe this will get better with experience) but once he zeros in... he gets to where he wants to go in a hurry and he takes good angles to the ball carrier.  I can see in 2019 Adams not only playing SAM in the base D but also playing the role of the 3rd safety (Geather's role) in the nickle and dime packages.

• Like 1

Should have had that sack last week as all I saw was a hard hit with his head turned away and the QB trying to make himself smaller by ducking.....total nonsense

• Like 5

This is gonna make me look silly, but i liked Matthew Adam's college film more than i liked darius leonard's college film. Adams was a leader on a really good Houston defense in college and was always making splash plays.:hide:

Its nice to see that both players are showing up for us of late though!

47 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

That's his name!! 55!! I could t remember the name but remembered the number and how he played. He completely reminded me of him. Good hitter, aggressive. I did it 

I think Zaire had a leg up early on for his noted "leadership" abilities.....

Adams appears to be the better athlete even though they both tested out relatively the same in their respective pro days.

Adams certainly brings the hammer, the nails and the wood though! Clint Session is a good Colts comp someone mentioned earlier.....

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Remember the time Clint broke HIS OWN arm on a hit?

The dude brought the sledgehammer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Either way we go, with Leonard, Walker, Adams, Franklin and Moore plus the kid Thomas (OU SS converting to LB) we have 6 linebackers with complementary skillsets all 24 or younger to build upon!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Remember the time Clint broke HIS OWN arm on a hit?

The dude brought the sledgehammer.

Yep. But I mostly remember how he rocked the bald head and beard like Kimbo Slice.

Didn't Clint run back a fumble 109 yards, or close, only to get it called back for a silly penalty?

I do believe it was in a game we stunk up, and the call back sealed the loss, if I remember correctly.

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I think Zaire had a leg up early on for his noted "leadership" abilities.....

Adams appears to be the better athlete even though they both tested out relatively the same in their respective pro days.

Adams certainly brings the hammer, the nails and the wood though! Clint Session is a good Colts comp someone mentioned earlier.....

Adams closing speed is excellent. He gets to the LOS in an instant. And hits like a freight train.

He is very much what Ballard was talking about last spring. He wants a read and react defense that is fast. Adams fits that bill for sure.

I think he can become a good SAM linebacker for us. I like him, and his attitude.

• Like 4

Should have had a sack, but the lowering the helmet call was total nonsense

• Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I have been talking about Adams from time we drafted him (yes I'm tooting my own horn a bit).  He is still a bit slow to recognize the paly sometimes (I believe this will get better with experience) but once he zeros in... he gets to where he wants to go in a hurry and he takes good angles to the ball carrier.  I can see in 2019 Adams not only playing SAM in the base D but also playing the role of the 3rd safety (Geather's role) in the nickle and dime packages.

But you were still defending Trent Richardson long after he was done, so there’s that

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 1:49 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Either way we go, with Leonard, Walker, Adams, Franklin and Moore plus the kid Thomas (OU SS converting to LB) we have 6 linebackers with complementary skillsets all 24 or younger to build upon!

Great thought

We MAY have our LB spot covered ........ and a bit of depth to boot

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, Colt Overseas said:

Adams closing speed is excellent. He gets to the LOS in an instant. And hits like a freight train.

He is very much what Ballard was talking about last spring. He wants a read and react defense that is fast. Adams fits that bill for sure.

I think he can become a good SAM linebacker for us. I like him, and his attitude.

The closing speed is what MAKES this defense........

Give these guys another camp, and some very important time playing together, and we should see some nice improvement

22 hours ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

But you were still defending Trent Richardson long after he was done, so there’s tha

:D if you say so

I wish he'd change his darn number to something more traditional......lol

He looks like one of those Triple A guys that a MLB team brings up and he's wearing number 79........lol

13 hours ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

Your past post haunt you

Just goes to show, even someone as smart as me can't be right ALL the time. :)

9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I wish he'd change his darn number to something more traditional......lol

He looks like one of those Triple A guys that a MLB team brings up and he's wearing number 79........lol

Matt Adams wheres #49

I'm still wary of his over-aggressiveness(I hope it doesn't cost us in some important moment), but he's been playing well... Good pick so far.