Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Matthew Adams Is Earning His Spot

krunk

2 minutes ago, egg said:

I almost started a thread earlier in the week to ask if anyone else was noticing this guy. 

He is a great open field tackler.

He is very impressive for a 7th rounder show there is a guy who could start for the team if god forbid something happens to Leonard or walker hope it doesn't happen but our injury luck still sucks.

I have been talking about Adams from time we drafted him (yes I'm tooting my own horn a bit).  He is still a bit slow to recognize the paly sometimes (I believe this will get better with experience) but once he zeros in... he gets to where he wants to go in a hurry and he takes good angles to the ball carrier.  I can see in 2019 Adams not only playing SAM in the base D but also playing the role of the 3rd safety (Geather's role) in the nickle and dime packages.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

When he was drafted I said he reminded me of Clint Session. Last Sunday's game sure reminded me of the way Clint used to play.

That's his name!! 55!! I could t remember the name but remembered the number and how he played. He completely reminded me of him. Good hitter, aggressive. I did it 

I think Zaire had a leg up early on for his noted "leadership" abilities.....

Adams appears to be the better athlete even though they both tested out relatively the same in their respective pro days.

Adams certainly brings the hammer, the nails and the wood though! Clint Session is a good Colts comp someone mentioned earlier.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I think Zaire had a leg up early on for his noted "leadership" abilities.....

Adams appears to be the better athlete even though they both tested out relatively the same in their respective pro days.

Adams certainly brings the hammer, the nails and the wood though! Clint Session is a good Colts comp someone mentioned earlier.....

Adams closing speed is excellent. He gets to the LOS in an instant. And hits like a freight train.

He is very much what Ballard was talking about last spring. He wants a read and react defense that is fast. Adams fits that bill for sure.

I think he can become a good SAM linebacker for us. I like him, and his attitude.

• Like 4

On 12/6/2018 at 2:39 PM, Coffeedrinker said:

I have been talking about Adams from time we drafted him (yes I'm tooting my own horn a bit).  He is still a bit slow to recognize the paly sometimes (I believe this will get better with experience) but once he zeros in... he gets to where he wants to go in a hurry and he takes good angles to the ball carrier.  I can see in 2019 Adams not only playing SAM in the base D but also playing the role of the 3rd safety (Geather's role) in the nickle and dime packages.

But you were still defending Trent Richardson long after he was done, so there’s that

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 1:49 PM, Scott Pennock said:

Either way we go, with Leonard, Walker, Adams, Franklin and Moore plus the kid Thomas (OU SS converting to LB) we have 6 linebackers with complementary skillsets all 24 or younger to build upon!

Great thought

We MAY have our LB spot covered ........ and a bit of depth to boot

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2018 at 3:59 PM, Colt Overseas said:

Adams closing speed is excellent. He gets to the LOS in an instant. And hits like a freight train.

He is very much what Ballard was talking about last spring. He wants a read and react defense that is fast. Adams fits that bill for sure.

I think he can become a good SAM linebacker for us. I like him, and his attitude.

The closing speed is what MAKES this defense........

Give these guys another camp, and some very important time playing together, and we should see some nice improvement

13 hours ago, TheJACKCOLT said:

Your past post haunt you

Just goes to show, even someone as smart as me can't be right ALL the time. :)

9 hours ago, Scott Pennock said:

I wish he'd change his darn number to something more traditional......lol

He looks like one of those Triple A guys that a MLB team brings up and he's wearing number 79........lol

Matt Adams wheres #49