Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

End of year record poll

compuls1v3

End of year record  

70 members have voted

1. 1. End of year record guess!

• Win out and end at 10-6, with good momentum going into next year, potentially making the playoffs.
    • End at 8-8, being proud of what we have achieved this year with room for improvement.
    • Losing out, ending up at 6-10, being disappointed with our season, but still glad our defense and oline were improving throughout the year.

8-8 is the best guess here. Without Kelly, the O-Line is human now, and the run game is non-existent. We will probably lose to the Texans in Houston, and lose another game as well. Lots of promise going into next year, but I don't see playoffs with the holes on our team this year. Next year we make it 100%.

• Like 6

None of the above.

7-9 and very happy with so much promising youth.

Andrew transitioned well with a new throwing motion with more real accuracy than he has come close to showing in the short to mid-range game,
 I am definitely not happy with his decision making and throwing higher again these last 2 games. 

My before season pick was 9-7 and I am still sticking with that. Unfortunately 9-7 will not get us into the Playoffs unless the Ravens lose 3 games because they will have the tiebreaker over us. I do think the Ravens will lose 2 games to at KC and at LAC but they too will finish 9-7 is how I see it. The only way we get in is to go 10-6.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My before season pick was 9-7 and I am still sticking with that. Unfortunately 9-7 will not get us into the Playoffs unless the Ravens lose 3 games because they will have the tiebreaker over us. I do think the Ravens will lose 2 games to at KC and at LAC but they too will finish 9-7 is how I see it. The only way we get in is to go 10-6.

I will say this about the Ravens:

If Lamar Jackson doesn't start protecting himself, he's going to get hurt and knocked out of the season. It almost happened against the Falcons, and the Chiefs have a much more formidable pass rush. 

He's honestly the key to the Ravens' turnaround, as Flacco's epic days are behind him and RGIII just doesn't make those big-time plays. 

8-8 might seem unlikely now, but it's certainly possible. Would be crazy if the Ravens, Colts, Dolphins and Bengals were somehow in a tie at 8-8. 

• Like 1

By the previous responses, I’m glad the board has come back down to earth and looking at this team objectively. We have a bright future and Luck looks like he may have a chance at a HOF career.  We have a very good coach and our defense is possibly 3 pieces away from being a strength.  I see our losing at least 2 of the remaining games but we have the potential to win them all. Either way this young team is trending up and I’m excited for the Colts future!!

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

9-7 for me. 

Texans W

Cowboys L

Giants W

Titans W

This is how I have it as well. Alot of people are assuming that we are going to lose to the Texans. I think we pull out the win and stay in this thing. It is a game that is a revenge game from earlier in the season and they are due for a loss. After the showing our Offense just had, I think we will come out ready to play to prove people wrong. 

4 hours ago, compuls1v3 said:

What do you people think?

I didn't vote because I'm undecided between winning out (possible playoff) and losing out (higher draft pick). I think either way the team has improved and if the jets lose out we got their 2nd round pick to go with ours and that should give us 3 high picks in the draft. I would say if we lose to the Texans I would like to lose out them though

I have thought 8-8 ish from the start. At 1-5 I was a little nervous, but I believe we will end up in that neighborhood. This team has been a lot of fun to watch grow and compete and I look forward to the rest of this season and the coming seasons.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:55 PM, RollerColt said:

9-7 for me. 

Texans W

Cowboys L

Giants W

Titans W

Texans L

Cowboys L

Giants W

Titans W/L?

Since Friday's injury report, I think they're 8-8 at best, and 7-9 at worst. No Inman, no Kelly, a questionable Hilton, and the Texans are playing at home.  I also don't see the Colts getting past the Cowboys. The Giants are a flaming outhouse, playing in a meaningless game, so that one is probably winnable. If the Titans are still playing for a wildcard berth in that last game they'll be on a mission, and the Colts will likely be playing Brissett for most of the game. There is no sense in risking an injury to Luck in a meaningless game. 

Let's hope for a great offseason, and a better shot at the playoffs next year. 

34 minutes ago, HarryTheCat said:

Texans L

Cowboys L

Giants W

Titans W/L?

Since Friday's injury report, I think they're 8-8 at best, and 7-9 at worst. No Inman, no Kelly, a questionable Hilton, and the Texans are playing at home.  I also don't see the Colts getting past the Cowboys. The Giants are a flaming outhouse, playing in a meaningless game, so that one is probably winnable. If the Titans are still playing for a wildcard berth in that last game they'll be on a mission, and the Colts will likely be playing Brissett for most of the game. There is no sense in risking an injury to Luck in a meaningless game. 

Let's hope for a great offseason, and a better shot at the playoffs next year. 

The injuries are concerning. 

As far as Andrew playing against the Titans, unless it's a complete blowout by either team he'll be in there for the entire game. He's not going to miss that game if he's healthy and able to play. No starting QB does that... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

The injuries are concerning. 

As far as Andrew playing against the Titans, unless it's a complete blowout by either team he'll be in there for the entire game. He's not going to miss that game if he's healthy and able to play. No starting QB does that.

My, how quickly they forget those miserable 2011 and 2017 seasons! Why would you be willing to risk injury to your franchise QB with nothing on the line? If Luck suffered another serious injury in a meaningless game everyone would be calling for Frank Reich's head on a stick. Just give Luck the symbolic start, then yank him after one series to give Brissett some time in the spotlight to up his offseason trade value.

I’m sticking to 10-6  

But there are so many factors in play:

Injuries

Play of opponents 

Competition from other Wild Card eligible teams

Execution

Play calling

Who knows how all of these things play out? I do know that at their best, this team can beat their remaining opponents. 

But if they don’t, it’s been a much better year than last