Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1959Colts

Josh McDaniels hot HC candidate... again

https://www.bostonherald.com/2018/12/04/josh-mcdaniels-on-possible-head-coaching-job-if-thats-in-the-cards-for-me-great/

FOXBORO  — Josh McDaniels is once again at the forefront of most NFL head coaching rumors...

...He was asked about  being the leading candidate in some circles, how he sees his future, and how he’s handling the situation.

His answer was basically a dodge, which is not all that surprising...

...McDaniels was also in the rumor mill last year. He accepted the Colts job before reversing course and changing his mind at the last minute, and received a five-year deal to remain in New England as the offensive coordinator.

Teams apparently aren’t holding that against him. There’s already rumors about McDaniels going to Green Bay, which fired Mike McCarthy after Sunday loss to Arizona.

Asked if he still wanted to be a head coach, McDaniels said his future plan remained the same.

“If that’s in the cards for me, that’s great. I’ve said that before,” he said. “But again, I’m not worried about that right now.”...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/05/patriots-owner-flattered-teams-want-josh-mcdaniels/

Maybe after the Packers spend a month planning out all the details for Josh's new arrival...

He will change his mind and return to NE?

After the character he showed last year, he can be someone else's problem.  Good offensive mind in terms of Xs and Os, but not a good leader.  If he does go to Green Bay, I could see him and Rodgers having some clashes

Can't understand why teams wouldn't hold that against him :dunno:

25 minutes ago, Nadine said:

Can't understand why teams wouldn't hold that against him :dunno:

In all honesty, it's because there are so few good coaching candidates available.

I could see him going to Cleveland over anywhere else.  A good young QB, a decent D, some talent at Wr and TE and a very good RB.. all they need is an O that can score points and not turn the ball over and they win the North.. McDaniels IMO could do that as he is a damn good OC.. 

As much as I hate the guy, him and rodgers together would be scary

Get his signature in blood, please, before sending a jet. :) 

Have a mongoose on hand while dealing with that snake. :thmup:

If he takes a job this year, it would make it obvious the "leave at the altar" move last year was about dissing the Colts on behalf of Kraft and had nothing to do with his family, blah, blah, blah....

35 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Have a mongoose on hand while dealing with that snake.

Mongooses are fierce!

key word of that first sentence is "rumors".  McDaniels proved he still hasnt learned how to deal with people.  Eberflus probably still waiting for that phone call.