Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ColtsBlueFL

James Connor injury more serious than thought

I heard Steelers say contusion, then later a sprain.  But I see Dr. Chao thinks it may be a high ankle strain; which would be bad news for the Steelers ending the season and possibly some post season RB production if it is moderate or more severe.  It could be just a week or two if it is mild.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-james-conner-ankle-steelers-injury-1203-story.html

Fantasy owners take note and keep tabs...

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I heard Steelers say contusion, then later a sprain.  But I see Dr. Chao thinks it may be a high ankle strain; which would be bad news for the Steelers ending the season and possibly some post season RB production if it is moderate or Morse severe.  It could be just a week or two if it is mild.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/sports/profootballdoc/sd-sp-pfd-james-conner-ankle-steelers-injury-1203-story.html

Fantasy owners take note and keep tabs...

Hopefully it is not that severe. Didn't Dr. Chao also call Xavier Rhodes's injury as being much more serious than it was? Rhodes played this past week after sustaining that injury that Dr. Chao is referring to below.

Quote:

Looking at the injury on video, Dr. David Chao, a former San Diego Chargers head team physician, said in a phone interview that he believes Rhodes most likely suffered a proximal hamstring avulsion, an injury that would end his season. Chao writes a column on NFL injuries for the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune and is a medical analyst for SiriusXM NFL Radio.

“Keep in mind this is based on video, but I’m concerned this could be near the only type of hamstring injury that would require surgery,’’ Chao said. “That would end his season even if the Vikings went to the Super Bowl.’’

Link:

Xavier Rhodes injury may be season-ending

4 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Hopefully it is not that severe. Didn't Dr. Chao also call Xavier Rhodes's injury as being much more serious than it was? Rhodes played this past week after sustaining that injury that Dr. Chao is referring to below.

Quote:

Looking at the injury on video, Dr. David Chao, a former San Diego Chargers head team physician, said in a phone interview that he believes Rhodes most likely suffered a proximal hamstring avulsion, an injury that would end his season. Chao writes a column on NFL injuries for the Los Angeles Times and San Diego Union-Tribune and is a medical analyst for SiriusXM NFL Radio.

“Keep in mind this is based on video, but I’m concerned this could be near the only type of hamstring injury that would require surgery,’’ Chao said. “That would end his season even if the Vikings went to the Super Bowl.’’

Link:

Xavier Rhodes injury may be season-ending

Yes, because it is video only without benefit of palpation/exam, he does miss here and  there.  I believe a journalist went over his last few years calls and found a >95% hit rate though.  And this one he called classic high ankle sprain, but could be mild (that’d be 1-2 weeks).

In my mind, when a team says it is worse than they thought, it might be more than mild, so a cautionary watch would be prudent.

Words from Zimmerman were much different than those from Tomlin.

10 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes, because it is video only without benefit of palpation/exam, he does miss here and  there.  I believe a journalist went over his last few years calls and found a >95% hit rate though.  And this one he called classic high ankle sprain, but could be mild (that’d be 1-2 weeks).

In my mind, when a team says it is worse than they thought, it might be more than mild, so a cautionary. Watch would be prudent.

Words from Zimmerman were much different than those from Tomlin.

I hear you.

haha Zimmer always says that injured players are "fine". That was a running joke last year because Zimmer said Bradford was "fine" after his injury early in the season, but Bradford missed the rest of the regular season. We kept expecting a player who was "fine" (Bradford) to return in a week or two but it never happened. 

What exactly did Tomlin say?

12 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I hear you.

haha Zimmer always says that injured players are "fine". That was a running joke last year because Zimmer said Bradford was "fine" after his injury early in the season, but Bradford missed the rest of the regular season. We kept expecting a player who was "fine" (Bradford) to return in a week or two but it never happened. 

What exactly did Tomlin say?

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/12/04/Steelers-RB-James-Conner-out-with-ankle-sprain/stories/201812040127

**Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said running back James Conner has a sprained ankle that is a “little bit more significant than we originally thought,” meaning he is likely to miss at least the next two games.**