Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills release Kelvin Benjamin, should we?

5 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Desperate times (like putting up a goose egg with Luck at QB) calls for desperate measures.

But I actually don't think it's desperate at all. It's just a short-term opportunity. If it works...it could be a great move that helps them win. If it doesn't work...then Benjamin is released or leaves in FA at the end of season...and that's that.

I don't think the Colts' locker room is some fragile ecosystem that could be destroyed by Kelvin Benjamin...at least I hope that's not the case.

We all hope it works if he’s picked up, would love to come on and admit I was wrong, just don’t see it. I know he’s a TE, but I had picked up Ebron in both my fantasy leagues before the season, because I could see something that could be worked on, I just don’t see that in KB.

1 hour ago, Flash7 said:

Is your statement pro Benjamin, ala Ebron, or anti Benjamin, ala H. Nicks, Grant, etc.?

Neither; my comment was pure snark.

But my point was that having a good QB doesn't automatically make receivers more productive. Nicks, Grant, Johnson, DHB... all good examples. 

I'm definitely anti Benjamin, though. He obviously doesn't care about being a good NFL player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luck 4 president said:

He hasn’t had a real pro style QB. Who knows, but maybe having an elite qb throwing to him might bring out the best. 

I say sign him because there is almost zero risk involved, and because we need depth at WR. Remember, Ebron was a bust before coming here. 

I agree, if we don't NE might take a chance. Colts keep passing on players that can help at least for the short term.

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Yeah...but the hope is he won't stay there much longer. I think they are similar low-risk pickups...just different situations. At least Benjamin has legit production at the NFL level.

2 years ago.   The bills gave up a 3rd and  7th for him and cut him.   That should say a lot

• Like 1

I don't know.  The Bills are a mess.  He goes from Cam Newton to Tyrod Taylor to Josh Allen in two years.  Seriously.  A team now in total rebuild mode.  He was not part of their plans.  McCoy will be gone too.  He wasn't happy and it showed and he didn't care if it showed.  My guess is he wanted out and got it.  If a good team with a good QB picks him up I have a feeling they might get the Old Benjamin back.  It might be worth a shot.  We have absolutely nothing to lose like others have said.  Maybe he comes and gets motivated like Gordon.  Could this be another change of scenery story?  Will Ballard kick the tires?  One thing for sure.  Ballard will like the price.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I don't know.  The Bills are a mess.  He goes from Cam Newton to Tyrod Taylor to Josh Allen in two years.  Seriously.  A team now in total rebuild mode.  He was not part of their plans.  McCoy will be gone too.  He wasn't happy and it showed and he didn't care if it showed.  My guess is he wanted out and got it.  If a good team with a good QB picks him up I have a feeling they might get the Old Benjamin back.  It might be worth a shot.  We have absolutely nothing to lose like others have said.  Maybe he comes and gets motivated like Gordon.  Could this be another change of scenery story?  Will Ballard kick the tires?  One thing for sure.  Ballard will like the price.

I bet he and Bell would be a package that Ballard would be crazy to pass up.

2 hours ago, shastamasta said:

Benjamin and now Funchess...both underachieving WRs in CAR. Either CAR is really bad at evaluating WR talent...or there's another issue. Probably both.

If you look at Benjamin's production when Derek Anderson has started at QB (5 games ...including in BUF)...he has 5 catches/game, 74 yds/game. Not earth-shattering...but not bad. And that was with Derek Anderson...not a QB like Luck.

I think the Colts would gladly take that production...considering they don't have a WR (outside of TY) that has half that per game production. 

If your name is not McCaffrey Newton is the wrong QB to have.  Cam does not utilize what he has to work with. 

I would like Sirianni and Reich to kick the tires on this one and see how he does remainder of the season. I think Luck, Ebron and Hilton can help him. I view Grant and Inman same type of receiver, but different than Hilton. KB is a Pascal type receiver. Release Grant and if KB doesn't work we still have Cain coming back and the draft.

I see it as a zero risk bet. Odds are low to win but we can't lose... And say he comes in and looks legit and increases ins market value, would he count towards a compensatory pick? idk how all that works and i know there are some very knowlegable fellas on here that know all the details.  

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

2 years ago.   The bills gave up a 3rd and  7th for him and cut him.   That should say a lot

ATL gave up 2nd round pick for Collins...and dumped him. Colts used a 3rd round pick on Bashasm.

I don't think they will pick him up...but I have no problem with giving him a chance.

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

We have four games left. Sometimes a change of scenery can stimulate a player. It happened in Dallas with Cooper. I'd rather shoot and miss than not shoot at all.

I will go with whatever Ballard decides.    If we pick him up,  I will certainly root for his success