Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gary Brackett Was Released

T3KN3O

Also, Curtis Painter was released.

Anyone think Colts will go big in free agency or just wait it out this year?

I think a middle ground. I think they'll try and get some good, not great, pieces to fit what they want to do and head into the draft with an idea of what they are looking for. I expect (though you can easily replace that with "hope") that they do what Parcells did in Miami: take decent, underrated players and start competing quick. Just, you know, keep competitive after that.

Austin Collie, Blair White, Donald Brown, Delone Carter, and that's it. (Everyone else a free agent.)

I really like Austin Collie, but as a 2 or slot guy. Blair was good, but was it a product of Manning? I guess the same question could be posed for Austin too... If Freeney gets traded, Reggie and Pierre leave, Saturday leaves / retires... Basically all of the known talent the colts had will be gone. Who else is left? Bethea and Mathis? This is becoming a very, very pathetic team.

I really like Austin Collie, but as a 2 or slot guy. Blair was good, but was it a product of Manning? I guess the same question could be posed for Austin too... If Freeney gets traded, Reggie and Pierre leave, Saturday leaves / retires... Basically all of the known talent the colts had will be gone. Who else is left? Bethea and Mathis? This is becoming a very, very pathetic team.

If we can sign Pierre.....and draft a lineman or two...we have an offense that could score points..

Our defensive coaches are apparently totally revamping. I cant know what the 'D' will be like

Bullitt was injury prone and not starting material. Brackett, Clark, and Addai are all injury prone and overpaid. Painter was useless. I like the moves. Maybe Clark comes back at a lower price. The defense needs a new identity. I would like some players brought in who are intimidators. No team has been afraid to run through the middle of our defense. I for one would like a Ray Lewis type LB that would knock the snot out of a RB comming up the middle. Brackett was good at pass defense but not an intimidator. Clark was terrible at blocking. Maybe now we can bring in 3 or 4 FAs that fit the new profile.