Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Hard Knocks 2019 - Indianapolis Colts

Well.... tough loss at Jacksonville :( and probably one that cost of the playoff 6th seed spot, as Ravens won and not have to loose two games and we HAVE to win out. It's  not impossible, but today it feels like we just lost our season and can start looking toward 2019.

So NFL Hard Knocks 2019 could be titled: Training Camp with the Indianapolis Colts

why?

As fans of the ground-breaking documentary series are surely aware, NFL owners passed a resolution in 2013 stating that teams can avoid mandatory inclusion on Hard Knocks if they fall under any of three exemptions: 1) They have a first-year head coach in place; 2) They have a playoff berth in the past two seasons; 3) They have appeared on Hard Knocks in the past 10 years.

1. The Colts will not have a 1st year head coach

2. We havn't been in the playoffs the last two seasons 

3. We havn't appeared on hard knocks in the last 10 years or ever before.

Storylines

Andrew Luck´s road to 1st super bowl appearance 

Big Q and The Maniac work out 

The Return of Le'Veon Bell / Colts new Bell Cow ;)

I would hate to see us, due to the fact we missed the playoffs, BUT, I would love to get a glimpse of the colts up close as part of Hard Knocks

Thoughts?

I hope they don't because I always tend to think of Hard Knocks as being a distraction.  

Training camp is about getting your players away from the world a bit to where they can focus almost all of their attention on football and bonding with teammates.   I think bringing in a bunch of TV cameras kills that.  

But I admit that if they did do it, I would watch it religiously.  

• Thanks 2

Looks like the following teams will be on the Hard Knocks list.

Colts (if they miss the playoffs)

Redskins (if they miss the playoffs) 

Detroit

Giants

Raiders

Cardinals

49'ers

Broncos

Those are the teams I can see fulfill the Hard Knocks eligibility criteria as of today. 

Greenbay would have been on the list, but they will have a new HC in 2019, so, looks like it will be one of these teams that will star in the next Hard Knocks season.

14 hours ago, ThorstenDenmark said:

Well.... tough loss at Jacksonville :( and probably one that cost of the playoff 6th seed spot, as Ravens won and not have to loose two games and we HAVE to win out. It's  not impossible, but today it feels like we just lost our season and can start looking toward 2019.

I do want to point out the Ravens play the Chiefs and Chargers still. If we can win out I can see the ravens going 2-2