Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This game shows the obvious needs we need on Offense next year...Ballard needs to act../Bell (merge)

threeflight

1 minute ago, Calmack said:

This wasn't an overreaction. Its a statement based on the averageness of Mack and our RBs. There's been numerous times in the past few games a hole was there and Mack failed to hit it, or got tackled by a hand. An above average RB with decent tackle breaking ability would have helped our running game out today and the past few games as well. And speaking of overreaction, you're the guy who waited for Conner to have a string of good games to conclude that any RB would put up Bell like numbers behind that line. Guess how Conner has fared the past few weeks? 

Wait wait. You are saying that having an over 5 ypc average with less than 15 touches per game an argument that Conner isn't doing good? Lol... Ok

Also this has nothing to do with Mack.  Idc if it's Wilkins or Hines but if you "try" and run the ball behind your amazing rookie guard we'd have more than a goosegg on the board today. Using this game as an example that Bell is needed is an overreaction.  And I bet Mack and Willing could have done it rather than trying to swing Ebron out like a HB 4 yards behind the line against 2 of the fastest linebackers in the conference. 

• Like 1

Frustrated not sticking to the run more. More frustrated not taking the points. As far as Bell, do not want to give the big contract but he does give the offense a new dynamic.  You have to gameplan around him. He is a threat out of the backfield and receiving. May be a welcome change!

Just now, threeflight said:

Mack would go down if I breathed on him.

Which literally doesn't matter if Q gives you 2 yards of space lol.

Either way put Wilkins in because I agree with you and I bet Wilkins still gets the yards.  But that's my point didn't even get a chance.

9 minutes ago, coltsfan77 said:

Frustrated not sticking to the run more. More frustrated not taking the points. As far as Bell, do not want to give the big contract but he does give the offense a new dynamic.  You have to gameplan around him. He is a threat out of the backfield and receiving. May be a welcome change!

This is what I really find confusing.

We literally have billions to spend on the cap.  How many stars or above average players do we have to pay in the next 2 years?  Not many.  Paying Bell $15 M a year is hardly going to make or break us.  Does it really matter salary cap wise if we pay Bell, a true star, an extra $6 M a year when the salary cap is so high these days?

Hell no.  Signing Bell is not going to make or break the bank.  But he could lead us to the SB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I agree they should have ran more.  But at the same time Mack just is not that good.  The more he plays the more we see that.  I remember some here saying 6 weeks ago that 'who needs Bell, we have Mack' and I said then they were crazy.

Bell is a pure stud. A gamechanger.

Mack is a change of pace back at best.

Bell is there.  How many stars can we say truly want to come to Indy?  But Bell is practically begging to come here.  

Sign him as soon as humanely possible.  He is fresh and ready to prove himself.

Here's my issue with that.  Aside from my biased opinion of Bell's character (which I don't like). Why pay 18 mil for Bell.  He can beg all he wants he's not going to lower his price. It is a move that has nothing in common with any of the other moves Ballard has done and on top of that he isn't the next Walter Payton heck he isn't even the next Gurley.  It makes no sense.

Now if you wanna draft one? Yes I'm all for it.  Let's move down a little in the first to late 20s and take us a stud like Love.  Now we are talking. But 18mil a year for a disgruntled above average back? No thanks. 

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Wait wait. You are saying that having an over 5 ypc average with less than 15 touches per game an argument that Conner isn't doing good? Lol... Ok

Also this has nothing to do with Mack.  Idc if it's Wilkins or Hines but if you "try" and run the ball behind your amazing rookie guard we'd have more than a goosegg on the board today. Using this game as an example that Bell is needed is an overreaction.  And I bet Mack and Willing could have done it rather than trying to swing Ebron out like a HB 4 yards behind the line against 2 of the fastest linebackers in the conference. 

He's averaging 3.5 over his last two. 4.6 on the year. Have no idea where you got "over 5 ypc" from. 

Besides that, I don't think running behind Q would have helped much, if at all. However that statement required re-watching the game, which is a strong pass. 

4 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

Which literally doesn't matter if Q gives you 2 yards of space lol.

Either way put Wilkins in because I agree with you and I bet Wilkins still gets the yards.  But that's my point didn't even get a chance.

I think Wilkins is a better runner overall but again, he is not going to change the game for you.  And actually has less game changing ability than Mack.  But he will get you 4 yards when Mack will get you 1. 

4 minutes ago, threeflight said:

This is what I really find confusing.

We literally have billions to spend on the cap.  How many stars or above average players do we have to pay in the next 2 years?  Not many.  Paying Bell $15 M a year is hardly going to make or break us.  Does it really matter salary cap wise if we pay Bell, a true star, and extra $6 M a year when the salary cap is so high these days?

Hell no.  Signing Bell is not going to make or break the bank.  But he could lead us to the SB.

I think you need to look up the definition of literally. I assure you the Colts do not have billions to spend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love the guy and  I think he is being railroaded bigtime but I don't think he will be eligible to play until late next year at the earliest.

Yeah I do not think he is a bad guy either, just a mistake and a bad situation he was in. His video did not look near as bad as Rice or Mixon's. Hunt seems like a good kid. I was wondering how his suspension would work? I don't know?

1 minute ago, Btown_Colt said:

I think you need to look up the definition of literally. I assure you the Colts do not have billions to spend.

Obviously I was exaggerating but the point stands.....paying an extra $5 M to Bell is not going to break us....at all.

How many years does Luck have left?  Let's make the remaining years as good as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Obviously I was exaggerating but the point stands.....paying an extra $5 M to Bell is not going to break us....at all.

How many years does Luck have left?  Let's make the remaining years as good as possible.

Right, so next time you exaggerate, I would leave the word “literally” out of the sentence. :hat:

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I do not think he is a bad guy either, just a mistake and a bad situation he was in. His video did not look near as bad as Rice or Mixon's. Hunt seems like a good kid. I was wondering how his suspension would work? I don't know?

Hearing 10 games into next year.

Real shame.  I blame much of this on the SJW culture taking over the US.

Put yourself in his shoes.  That girl was a nutjob totally trying to bait him.  Many guys would have done worse.

Not saying he shouldn't face a suspension.  But to try and ruin the guys career over that?

Shameful.

11 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Put yourself in his shoes.  That girl was a nutjob totally trying to bait him.  Many guys would have done worse.

Not saying he shouldn't face a suspension.  But to try and ruin the guys career over that?

Shameful.

Of course I have posted how he shouldve handled it but I am in my late 40's. At 23, I am not sure how I wouldve handle that. I know I wouldn't have put my hands on a woman unless self defense was necessary but I may have lied about certain small things LOL being that young. As I am older now, I lnow lying is wrong and not the route to go and when you tell the truth you usually are in good shape. Chiefs got rid of him for lying IMO.

7 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Shameful.

It's usually not caught in tape though.

That makes it much worse then 'my bad I screwed up'. He could have avoided the entire thing, tell her to # off and keep walking. Nobody was gonna stop the 20 year old 200+lb jacked guy if he wanted to go.

Because of that, I wouldn't touch him.

9 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Shameful.

Apparently he might be looking at more than a six-game suspension for an additional incident in June where he hit a guy in the face.

Maybe this is a pattern of behavior?

Also, to the bolded:  I've been in his position multiple times before (in my youth).  But somehow I made it through 35 years of life without ever putting my hands on another human being, male or female, even when provoked.

:thinking:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Apparently he might be looking at more than a six-game suspension for an additional incident in June where he hit a guy in the face.

Maybe this is a pattern of behavior?

Also, to the bolded:  I've been in his position multiple times before (in my youth).  But somehow I made it through 35 years of life without ever putting my hands on another human being, male or female, even when provoked.

:thinking:

I did not know about the June incident :facepalm:. I am 47 and have never abused a woman either. 

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Of course I have posted how he shouldve handled it but I am in my late 40's. At 23, I am not sure how I wouldve handle that. I know I wouldn't have put my hands on a woman unless self defense was necessary but I may have lied about certain small things LOL being that young. As I am older now, I lnow lying is wrong and not the route to go and when you tell the truth you usually are in good shape. Chiefs got rid of him for lying IMO.

I sympathize with him because when I was in my 20s I broke up with a girl and she was so upset that she scratched herself after I left her place and called the police and said I abused her.  Was put in jail and had to go through all kinds of things to get it expunged.  And about $5000.

These days women can say just about anything to get a man arrested.

He should have avoided the situation for sure, but what he did in no way deserved what he is getting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, threeflight said:

I sympathize with him because when I was in my 20s I broke up with a girl and she was so upset that she scratched herself after I left her place and called the police and said I abused her.  Was put in jail and had to go through all kinds of things to get it expunged.  And about $5000.

These says women can say just about anything to get a man arrested.

He should have avoided the situation for sure, but what he did in no way deserved what he is getting.

Damn that sucks and had to be terrible. To be accused of something you did not do and go through that is complete BULL.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Really wish we woulda gone after Gordon. He could have changed our season 

the narrative that he was a locker room cancer was really exaggerated, his team mates seem to like him just fine on both teams

the coaches and owners might feel differently though 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Damn that sucks and had to be terrible. To be accused of something you did not do and go through that is complete BULL.

I should have known.  Actually I did lol.

She had BPD, borderline personality disorder.  For anyone who has dated a girl with that....it's a total nightmare.

In Kareem's defense, the girl did look pretty hot.  I hope he at least got a lil' somethin' somethin' out of it before she went bezerk haha.

19 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the narrative that he was a locker room cancer was really exaggerated, his team mates seem to like him just fine on both teams

the coaches and owners might feel differently though 

Agree.  I have always thought that about him.   Every teammate he has had talks about what a good guy he is.

He has mental issues for sure.  But they seem to be the type that affect him personally.  Not the type that makes him a bad guy or makes him hurt others.

His signing....a BIG, physical, fast WR was a no brainer for the Colts imo.

Look what he did the second half of todays game.  He basically won the game for the Pats.

37 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Agree.  You and I both screamed this at the time. 

Such a low risk signing with so much to gain.

Imagine him and TY together.

Such a shame.

Ya and many of the posters laughed at us and thought we were dumb for thinking Gordon would be a good addition. Now they're all begging for a WR2

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Should I dare say it, but what about Hunt? For next season.

I'm on board with Hunt. Depending on what the outcome of this domestic stuff is. Problem is, there's now at least 3 known such incidents. There is a high likelihood his career is on hold for all of next season or more

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

Ya and many of the posters laughed at us and thought we were dumb for thinking Gordon would be a good addition. Now they're all begging for a WR2

The problem with gordon was and is the same problem with Hunt now. Both are dangerously close to being suspended indefinitely 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

The problem with gordon was and is the same problem with Hunt now. Both are dangerously close to being suspended indefinitely 

that is a concern but gordon is good enough to be worth the risk imo.  they only gave up a conditional 5th round pick 

i dont really have an opinion on the hunt situation, but he strikes me as the same type of back as mack, just more consistent.  

• Like 1

i was so excited when we got Cain where we did in the draft. sucks he got hurt.

i said from the start Grant was not the answer. he's not, and he's got the worst yac on the team i think. wish they would have dumped him and picked up Tate when Detroit wanted to deal. 

not sure what the WR options will be in the draft through the second round, but we need one either in the 1st or 2nd. we need speed with hands. 

I finally agree with everyone here that want Bell or another top RB on our team. Mack is way too inconsistent, Hines is a solid receiving back, but a limited runner, and Wilkins is average at best. We need someone who can run 15-20 times a game, catch the ball, and can make the defense respect the run so Luck can throw it better. It finally caught up to us. The WR's are garbage besides Hilton, and the RBs are exposed now. Please get Bell, Hunt, or draft a true power back that can carry the load for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wilkins has been good IMO, needs more touches than Mack or Hines.

5.6 ypc average is more than decent. Size at 6'1'' 216 lbs.

A poor man's Matt Forte. I can see him being a 1100 yard runner each year, 400+ yards receiving.

The one game he has 57 yards on one carry...not a single carry for the rest of the game. LOL.