Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This game shows the obvious needs we need on Offense next year...Ballard needs to act../Bell (merge)

threeflight

I really like the job Ballard has done so far but his lack of going after a big name WR last off season or during the season (Gordon, Cooper, Thomas) has really come back to bite them in the butt.  I really believe they have at least 2-3 more wins this season with a quality wr to complement Hilton.

They are  not that far away but....

You absolutely need to sign Bell. He wants to be here  Colts need him.  Say all you want about Mack and co., but Bell is the BEST RB in football.  He had a year off.  He will be hungry.  You sign him NO questions asked.

And you get yourself a high quality WR.  Either draft one, sign one, or trade for one.

Add those two positions with another draft and other FA's?  

Colts could very easily be in the Super Bowl hunt next year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, threeflight said:

Colts could very easily be in the Super Bowl hunt next year.

We are definitely lacking talent, but our biggest issue is and continues to be health.

We just can’t get a break with player injuries. 

We can acquire all sorts of talent, but I worry...

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

I thought he wasn't impressing you?  6-17 choose files... Click to choose files or something like that?

:scratch:

His draft has turned out better than I expected.

Still am not a fan of his FA usage.

For example a good WR signing and we are easily 8-4 this year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, threeflight said:

His draft has turned out better than I expected.

Still am not a fan of his FA usage.

For example a good WR signing and we are easily 8-4 this year.

Luck will be in his what?  8th year next year?

If they don't do all they can to surround him with top of the line talent for next year that is a major blunder imo.  He won't be around forever.

1 minute ago, coltfaninnewyork said:

Now are we in on bell ?or just overreacting.Gotta think he gets those 3rd and ones 

Absolutely have to be.

He really wants to be here.  Imagine a combo of Luck, Bell, Hilton and a another top WR, and then Doyle and Ebron.  

Would be an amazing offense.

31 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

We are definitely lacking talent, but our biggest issue is and continues to be health.

We just can’t get a break with player injuries. 

We can acquire all sorts of talent, but I worry...

I highly disagree that our biggest issue is health. Absolutely ridiculous to think that. This is football, the nfl at that, there are going to be injuries every week. We are healthy right now. Can't say that Jack Doyle(esp when we have Ebron) and Ryan Keely(I agree his loss has been huge) is the reason why we lost. Next man up. This is the healthiest we have been all yr besides the week coming out of the bye.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

We NEED a BIG TIME RUNNER. It doesn't have to be Bell. We also need to find out why our OL. which has so much resources invested in it, is underperforming in the running game.

I think it's because our RB's are not that good.  Mack is the main guy and his vision is terrible.  He misses open lanes.  He just doesn't see them.  Not to mention he is not to hard to bring down.  Bell is the big time runner/playmaker that we need.  He is there for the taking.  Teams do not have to be concerned with our run game.  Bell is that simple fix waiting to come on board. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

I know Kelly is out but today the O-line didnt look like it was "fixed". Both tackles got abused all day.

Ran a lot of deeper routes and receivers couldn't get open.  Doyle being out didn't help.  Haeg - not great.

It's pretty evident after this game that our offense needs a lot more help.  Not just our defense.  Luck is great but he only has one playmaker, TY.   Doyle is also very good and is a clutch 3rd. down receiver and excellent blocker.  He actually makes Ebron more effective but that's it on offense.  What's left?  Grant, Rogers, Inman, Pascal, the running game that is average and that is being generous.   With Doyle out there we have a chance.  Without him we are going to have a hard time moving the ball.  They can concentrate on TY and Ebron and we are in trouble.  I think our team surprised Ballard by being better and more competitive than he thought they would be.  Especially on defense.  IMO he missed the boat by not getting Cooper as another premier weapon for Luck.  But that ship has sailed unfortunately.  Luck needs another playmaker preferably two.   I don't expect any of the premier defensive ER's to make it to FA.  Maybe a cornerback will.  So that leaves offense.   I can't think of a premier WR that has a chance to hit FA.  Maybe through a trade we could find one.  But he has to be one that is truly a No. 1 or 2.  Not the type we currently have on our roster.  Bell is the only true playmaker I see out there right now and he will be available.  Right now I don't see our running game doing anything that should dissuade Ballard from signing Bell.  Todays game just reinforces the need for another proven playmaker on offense.  Ballard has the wherewithal to do it and he still will have a shot at another strong draft class.  Time will tell of course.  But today's performance should really get him thinking.  

1 hour ago, Calmack said:

Yeah someone posted a thread saying Mack is perfectly fine and that whatever we get with Bell we would get with Mack. That was after the buffalo game. Some love to overreact. Bell would have been amazing with our pre injured line. 

"Some love to overreact" uses immediate game that just happened to justify his overreaction

ROFL

PS I don't care if you have Bell Gurley or Walter Payton if you don't even try and run up the A gap with your new 1st round gaurd you aren't getting any close yardage anyways. 

Oh and btw this games changes nothing we don't need Bell.  We need receivers.  In such a bad way it's laughable. 

9 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

if you don't even try and run up the A gap with your new 1st round gaurd you aren't getting any close yardage anyways. 

Oh and btw this games changes nothing we don't need Bell.  We need receivers.  In such a bad way it's laughable. 

We tried

And failed

And the rungame was abandoned 

Bell helps the passing game aswell, not just the run game

2 minutes ago, tvturner said:

We tried

And failed

And the rungame was abandoned 

Bell helps the passing game aswell, not just the run game

When exactly did they try? Running Ebron on the outside? One of the pitiful 8 carries Mack got?  We didn't even attempt to commit to the run game lol. 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is Bell the answer?

Lol no but people will convince themselves otherwise. He will come here and the minute he has a money issue he will retire and/or be a nuisance in the locker room. 

But hey let's pay 18 mil a year to have a front seat to that show I guess. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

"Some love to overreact" uses immediate game that just happened to justify his overreaction

ROFL

PS I don't care if you have Bell Gurley or Walter Payton if you don't even try and run up the A gap with your new 1st round gaurd you aren't getting any close yardage anyways. 

This wasn't an overreaction. Its a statement based on the averageness of Mack and our RBs. There's been numerous times in the past few games a hole was there and Mack failed to hit it, or got tackled by a hand. An above average RB with decent tackle breaking ability would have helped our running game out today and the past few games as well. And speaking of overreaction, you're the guy who waited for Conner to have a string of good games to conclude that any RB would put up Bell like numbers behind that line. Guess how Conner has fared the past few weeks? 

33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

It's pretty evident after this game that our offense needs a lot more help.  Not just our defense.  Luck is great but he only has one playmaker, TY.   Doyle is also very good and is a clutch 3rd. down receiver and excellent blocker.  He actually makes Ebron more effective but that's it on offense.  What's left?  Grant, Rogers, Inman, Pascal, the running game that is average and that is being generous.   With Doyle out there we have a chance.  Without him we are going to have a hard time moving the ball.  They can concentrate on TY and Ebron and we are in trouble.  I think our team surprised Ballard by being better and more competitive than he thought they would be.  Especially on defense.  IMO he missed the boat by not getting Cooper as another premier weapon for Luck.  But that ship has sailed unfortunately.  Luck needs another playmaker preferably two.   I don't expect any of the premier defensive ER's to make it to FA.  Maybe a cornerback will.  So that leaves offense.   I can't think of a premier WR that has a chance to hit FA.  Maybe through a trade we could find one.  But he has to be one that is truly a No. 1 or 2.  Not the type we currently have on our roster.  Bell is the only true playmaker I see out there right now and he will be available.  Right now I don't see our running game doing anything that should dissuade Ballard from signing Bell.  Todays game just reinforces the need for another proven playmaker on offense.  Ballard has the wherewithal to do it and he still will have a shot at another strong draft class.  Time will tell of course.  But today's performance should really get him thinking.  

Great post.  I totally agree.

1 minute ago, Surge89 said:

Lol no but people will convince themselves otherwise. He will come here and the minute he has a money issue he will retire and/or be a nuisance in the locker room. 

But hey let's pay 18 mil a year to have a front seat to that show I guess. 

This shows your hilarious lack of understanding of the Bell situation. Bad guy Bell for wanting top tier RB guaranteed money and security.. At a position that has the shortest shelf life. Dudes looking out for himself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Is Bell the answer?

I think it's a guy who is in that category. Not necessarily him.

A guy who can be a tough runner between the tackles when the shifty guys like Mack aren't working. They abandoned the run today for whatever reason, but Mack's injury history and his inability at times against fronts like Jax makes me think that.

We need Edge 2.0 again.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

ROFL

I agree they should have ran more.  But at the same time Mack just is not that good.  The more he plays the more we see that.  I remember some here saying 6 weeks ago that 'who needs Bell, we have Mack' and I said then they were crazy.

Bell is a pure stud. A gamechanger.

Mack is a change of pace back at best.

Bell is there.  How many stars can we say truly want to come to Indy?  But Bell is practically begging to come here.  

Sign him as soon as humanely possible.  He is fresh and ready to prove himself.

• Thanks 1