Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Credit To The Jags Defense Today/Humbled (merge)

Tombstone

No excuses, No the Colts should have done this, done that, the Refs with bad calls, bad play calling, injuries or whatever some might want to come up with.  Jags defensive was lights out to day and I'm just the kind of man that gives credit where credit is due....  From the first snap to the last they were bring it today and I felt they would but, Dam!!!  Not like this.  What the Cowboys did to Brees and Jags did to Luck I guess the Defense win championships is not totally dead yet in today's football.  

• Like 1

Just now, Tombstone said:

No excuses, No the Colts should have done this, done that, the Refs with bad calls, bad play calling, injuries or whatever some might want to come up with.  Jags defensive was lights out to day and I'm just the kind of man that gives credit where credit is due....  From the first snap to the last they were bring it today and I felt they would but, Dam!!!  Not like this.  What the Cowboys did to Brees and Jags did to Luck I guess the Defense win championships is not totally dead yet in today's football.  

I agree. Did we leave points out there? Yes. Could we have played better? Yes. When we did make plays there was a flag that screwed it up. 

Frank is going to have his mistakes and miscues, but one thing after watching the post game was how much he talks about the analytics. I think sometimes you have to throw those numbers out the window and play football because one think that cant be factored in is human error. 

Shout out to the Jags defense. I think that 5 game winning streak was a great sign of things to come in future years, but this loss should bring us all back down to earth. We are still a team working to rebuild. In Ballards second year i think he has done a great job so far, but we are still missing some pieces. 

Reicht looks like a great coach who i think is going to learn from these tough losses. Our Oline when healthy is going to develop in to a monster. Our defense has looked better than i can ever remember going back to the Manning years.

This was not going to be our year, we still have an outside shot at the playoffs, but i think going forward it's about developing the young guys and having another great offseason and draft. Im seriously excited about the future of this team...even though this loss stings. Im still confident Luck wins a SB during his career and i believe Ballard and Reicht are the ones to lead us there.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tombstone said:

Hey look a voice of reason.. It happens, especially in divisional games and wounded teams with good defenses and most especially in their house. It happens.

Go Colts

They played great.

That said, it appeared that Ramsey hit Hilton’s shoulder on the ground while fighting for the ball. Punk move. Also saw some players running over to Lucj after the final play and start jawing.

They played well, but still a bunch of thug behavior takes away from it all.

You are totally correct, unprofessional to say the least but that's my point.  From play one they were jaw jacking.  Remember the throw to Ebron and he was short of the first down and the safety or corner was in Ebron face and drew that flag, they showed the coach reaction and he didn't chew the player out for that like I thought he was.  Tone sitting is what I call it....  In the Hood it's called something else which I don't want to get any on this forum but I think you get the point....

This is a young team and this is a strong lesson against an elite defence. 

Similar to the 4th down against the texans. This may be a tough one to take on looking at the game but may also make a huge difference to us for the rest of the year and into the future.