Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did we overate this team ?

HOF19

4 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Are you using "Coby Fleener" as a verb?  haha  What does that mean?

Maybe we should Coby Fleener.  Coby Fleenering the rest of the season might be a good thing.  :dunno:

But I don't know what Coby Fleenering is...  :P

Keyboard went out for some reason, possibly because I was typing way too fast (usually at 120 wpm or higher), I was trying to type "sign".

At this rate, Ha-Ha Clinton Dix should be a verb.

It is rude to Ha-Ha Clinton Dix our opponents.

30 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Maybe we should Coby Fleener.  Coby Fleenering the rest of the season might be a good thing.  :dunno:

Fortnite dance maybe?  I was wondering same thing. 

One of Wilkins and Hines have to go this offseason in favor of a true runningback. We have to have a better back paired with Mack, and these guys can't cut it against a dominant defense.

We need a big and strong receiver who wont get bullied by a great secondary like we did today. 

Doyle and Kelly make a huge difference on this offense. I hope Kelly gets healthy soon... 

I said 7-9 at the beginning of the season. Looks like it might be about right. After this bad shutout loss to a limp Jags squad and games with Houston and Dallas coming up...Colts likely could be looking at 6-8 with two weeks left. Best case scenario in my opinion is 8-8.  This team is just too inconsistent for us to get our hopes too high on this season.

I thought most people expected a ceiling of 9 wins this year. I was expecting a 7-9 personally. Ive seen nothing, especially after last week with the too narrow win over the Dolphins, that would realistically convince me otherwise yet. Do I think we can finish 10-6? Yes. But, only if they're perfect. Without Kelly and Doyel, I dont see that happening. We're seeing the value of both right now

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The bottom line is, the Jaguars are eliminated, they aren't making the playoffs, and they punk'd us. We probably did overrate this team, but it's borderline disgusting how we laid down for them considering this may of been a do or die game for us. This is what's so hard about being a fan, you root for your team, they play horrible randomly at times, and you feel like garbage even though you did nothing wrong.

And on the contrary, when they destroy a division opponent by 28 points, you feel like a champion even though you did nothing. :)

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Myself I have always thought we were a 9-7 team. I knew we weren't running the table but I did not think we would lose yesterday I have to admit.

I didn't think we would lose but the chance is always there. However when the Jax have NOTHING to LOSE I didn't think it would be an easy win either. 

Jack being out took away a consistent target Luck does rely on. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Outside of the 4th quarter against Miami, Colts have played awful for two straight games.

As i shared here after the Miami game, Andrews passes are coming in HIGH AGAIN. 

And his timing and accuracy has gone down. He has done well recently when going untouched.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

As i shared here after the Miami game, Andrews passes are coming in HIGH AGAIN. 

And his timing and accuracy has gone down. He has done well recently when going untouched.

That is why OL performance has been the biggest reason for Luck's accuracy and timing being spot on. When Ryan Kelly was there and the whole unit was humming during the 5 game streak, Luck could put it where it needed to be without worrying about being touched. We got beat up at the line of scrimmage by a Jaguars team who were playing for their jobs and pride, IMO. 

That is why December road games are very very hard to win. Kessler did nothing but be a game manager and we couldn't take advantage of it, unfortunately. We thought we could waltz in with the same "throw, throw, throw" game plan on the road. You have to be able to run the ball to win on the road. We tried to go strength vs strength (our pass O vs their pass D), and we did not adjust to change the game plan to feature the run more.

Look at the Chargers yesterday in the second half - once they ran the ball well, they were back in the game with balance. 

Just to expand on the Andrew talk about some of his throws...

I'm sure even he was a little 'shook' at the pressure because he's probably gotten used to feeling comfortable with some space back there.

I'm sure there was a little 'not this % again' type thinking in his head again yesterday 

We seem to have forgotten this is an organization building a team. Granted they were embarrassing vs. the Jags but in that game Jack Doyle was sorely missed and the OL had their worst game of the year. I did not like not kicking the FG but that is not the reason they lost. With a high caliber QB teams are expected to scores TDs. 

Who was doing the rating?  I was very pleasantly surprised they went on a 5 game winning streak.  I have continued to look at ever game on the schedule as as possible win and a possible loss.  We are no where near being dominant enough to expect a win.

And getting shut out?  Don't care.  It's really irrelevant.  I will be concerned if the offense doesn't get back on track to compete.  But I still don't expect wins.

Anyone that realistically looked at this team would have said they were likely going to be within a game of 8-8 at best.  I think I predicted 7-9.

This was a team with a ton of youth and a ton of holes.....they will have good days and bad and it's shown this season.

I think there are pieces in place to build on and they are positioned to win 10 games next year and likely make the playoffs once again....especially if Ballard can hit on some players in the draft and with his $120M in cap space.

On 12/2/2018 at 5:54 PM, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Pretty sure it means to fall down on first contact.