Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• So four times in 8 years.   We've just spent $200m to stay the same. I mean instead re-signing Stewart and extending Franklin sign Arik Armstead and Frankie Luvu than add a safety like Kamren Curl and a CB like Sean Murphy-Bunting. That would've cost us, what, $20m year more? Tell me the defense wouldn't instantly be better...
    • I think he paid Johnathan Hankins about 10M per year(30/3) in his first free agency when he was remaking the whole defense.  In 2019 he signed Justin Houston for 24/2... and Devin Funchess for 13M...  In 2020 - Rivers... In 2021 - none In 2022 - Gilmore In 2023 - none
    • How the heck did I miss that?! Wow
    • It is fact. You do understand where the money to pay player salaries and such comes from right? I mean it’s right there in the CBA…   the league basically places the money in an escrow account every year directly from the league, which is a portion of the revenue set aside for player salaries from the leagues various sources(tv deals for example). It never touches the owners pockets first.  Jim Irsay could have only 10 cents in his account and it wouldn’t matter when it comes to player salaries.  yes, guaranteed monies and such have to be put in upfront but if you read the fine print, that money is basically reimbursed the to the team the year it’s paid out. So 2025 guarantees would be paid back to the team in 2025 from the player salaries fund.    and yes, I’ve linked it every year for the past 5-6 years. Ever since the beginning of the Ballard era, which seems to be when this notion of Irsay not having cash for this or that came up as a rationale for not signing big name FA. It’s not though when one actually looks up how that all works. 
  • Members

• Solid84

Solid84 6,066

• stitches

stitches 18,666

• MikeCurtis

MikeCurtis 4,449

• Nadine

Nadine 8,101

Administrators
    • Kc77

Kc77 3