Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Sorry man but we were embarrassed today by the Jags and their replacement quarterback.

I don't agree. 

We weren't embarrassed defensively. We had every chance to win because of our defense and were absolutely manhandled by their defense. Their punt team was atrocious today and did no favors for their defense, and we couldn't take advantage. Our defense did everything but score a defensive touchedown to win the game by themselves... Our offense lost this thing. 

Pretty shocking loss but hats off to the Jags Defense. Everyone picked them to go to the SB lmao . Now Ramsey can talk smack and the Haters will be back here for the whole week wanting Reich fired and calling Luck a noodle arm. It will be nice to have the negative nelly's back since they haven't been here for 6 weeks lmao. Blah Blah Blah, have had it. Yes we laid an egg, crap happens. This is still been a fun season regardless and we look much better than last season and making progress. We were due for a loss, I didn't think it would be today but it was. Time to move on to Houston.

9 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Well I mean, again, and here's the key point. 

You do A, it gives you an increased chance of winning, over time you will win more games. And yes you will have games where you will have won going against that. But then you're not playing the percentages and in effect gambling more.  The other component here is the disparity in pay off (7 vs 3). That's when EV comes in, it's how you decide is something is a good value proposition. 

Yes is there is more than just stats. Like not calling stupid plays in said situation. Sure too, you can factor in momentum and the fact our O seemed a pale pale shadow of itself. The issue I had is people saying the numbers are wrong. No they're not, the argument is about is the modelling accurate enough for specific plays.  I mean let's have a conversation about how much situational effects skew the probabilities and that's cool. Don't let outcome bias cloud your thinking (and that's not aimed at you). 

I never disputed the numbers...I am saying the numbers didn’t even matter in that instance. I never blamed aggressive play calling (per say). I like aggressive, I do not like wreckless decision making, or being overly aggressive (which is gambling). I said it as soon as they didn’t send the FG unit on the field, it was a poor decision. At that moment in the game it was obvious that this was going to be a hard fought game. You have to take the points. The game depended on it, the season depended on it. 

• Like 1

Welp it was a good run. Didn't know it was going to end like this with all the talks of a potential playoffs run or something, but we still were rolling. Something to build on next year gotta win out now, which isn't happening at all. :(  

Also I hope the Jags mess up with their draft pick too. Baltimore is going to the playoffs, very, very disappointing and abrupt.

I really like Reich a lot, but imho, he’s made two costly mistakes this year (whereas it seemed that Pagano would commit 2 or more bad decisions every game last year). The Houston loss instead of tie, and the 1st quarter failure today in not taking those early 3 points, a points decision that generally comes back to bite teams in the butt later in the game.  It bit them horribly today.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rockywoj said:

I really like Reich a lot, but imho, he’s made two costly mistakes this year (whereas it seemed that Pagano would commit 2 or more bad decisions every game last year). The Houston loss instead of tie, and the 1st quarter failure today in not taking those early 3 points, a points decision that generally comes back to bite teams in the butt later in the game.  It bit them horribly today.  

With Pagano we'd be 7-4-1 and headed right to the playoffs

6 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

I never disputed the numbers...I am saying the numbers didn’t even matter in that instance. I never blamed aggressive play calling (per say). I like aggressive, I do not like wreckless decision making, or being overly aggressive (which is gambling). I said it as soon as they didn’t send the FG unit on the field, it was a poor decision. At that moment in the game it was obvious that this was going to be a hard fought game. You have to take the points. The game depended on it, the season depended on it. 

Now if that had been the first response!

Maybe we got over confident with Luck rolling out 3 TDs like clockwork. Or too cute (I disliked all 3 play calls). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I don't agree. 

We weren't embarrassed defensively. We had every chance to win because of our defense and were absolutely manhandled by their defense. Their punt team was atrocious today and did no favors for their defense, and we couldn't take advantage. Our defense did everything but score a defensive touchedown to win the game by themselves... Our offense lost this thing. 

I agree, our defense kept it close, but thier replacement QB was able to move the ball just enough to get them enough points to win. If a better qb had started, we would have been anialated.   Not defending our offense, they sucked, period. This is an embarrassing team loss, IMO,

from coaches to players. 

3 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Reich has saved Luck's career with his system. If Chuck was still Coach we would not even be 6-6 IMO

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

It's almost like you're using hindsight... the best form of decision making. 

I say if we had not gone 3 and out far too many times, or dropped some key 3rd downs.. or... or... etc.

LOL, I'm not using hindsight.  I was screaming at my TV "Go ahead and kick it!" while it was happening.  :D

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

agreed but you have to get relatively close to the end zone..Our receivers have to fight to get out of bounds, too

Well, I thought they were already close enough for two shots at the end zone. Ergo, my feeling there was zero value in a 3 yard out. 

This game shows the importance of Kelly and Doyle on offense. One play in particular that Costanzo was beat badly on it seemed as if he cracked down on Nelson’s man allowing instant pressure. Not sure what he was thinking unless they are running shifts in protection to help Boehm and it’s confusion on his part.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

No we were embarrassed by their D and our O completely failing to fire. 

Agreed, see above^. D can take some blame as well, a mediocre qb was able to move the ball enough to get them points. A better qb would have torched us. Team loss IMO.

28 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Still having comprehension issues I see.

No one on those posts were claiming that the refs were the reason the Colts lost.

Yeah. You said they were inconsistent. 

Our offense was far far more inconsistent today and to blame than the refs. 

Not even close. 

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reich has saved Luck's career with his system. If Chuck was still Coach we would not even be 6-6 IMO

Not a fan of Chuck. I am still on the Reich bandwagon, way better coach, just don’t agree with the timing of the cute stuff, or the plays that place our franchise qb more at risk then normal. 

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Andrew played scared to death to throw the ball down the field, which would have opened up so much today. There were times we had Ebron one on one down the sidelines and checked it down to a runningback for a 3 yard gain. Push the ball down the field. 

If you look at our team we really do not have true deep threat other than TY and TY is doubled alot. 

5 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Andrew played scared to death to throw the ball down the field, which would have opened up so much today. There were times we had Ebron one on one down the sidelines and checked it down to a runningback for a 3 yard gain. Push the ball down the field. 

Despite their record the Jags secondary is really good. They contained Belichick and Brady.

• Like 1