Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Jaguars Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

2 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Let’s face it, our Winning streak is impressive, we have a lot to look forward to next year. But the lack of capable recievers,Ryan Kelly being out,no pass rush and Doyle being out. Not this year sorry guys

We do need some additional weapons for Luck

We do need an interior pass rush

This isnt the year.... but, still a half to go 

Why are the Colts giving up 3 free points in a low scoring road game vs a desperate team when they were only in position to get them due to a dumb Jags penalty?

Jet sweep to big slow (compared to a WR or fast, twitchy athletic RB) TE off the weaker side of the line? Why? 

Colts should be up 3-0 at half. Not the other way around. 

I'm just being truthful when I say that the Colts look weak today and are being physically out-played. Get it together. Don't gift wrap games to teams being QB'd by Cody Kessler.

Let's go Colts!!! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Deep breaths.

As sloppy as that 1st half was, we're only down 3.

We got this.

:clover::colts::clover:

Sloppy is a very good word. Questionable decisions by Luck in part, some bad play calling IMO, and the O line getting a bit of a back to reality lesson. 

Wow.. 26 pass attempts already. 

Just now, SteelCityColt said:

Not at all... I never said that. I said it's a different game and will continue to evolve. Defense very much still has a place to play. But I don't think you'll be seeing the shut down D of yesteryear. This is a low scoring game because both teams can't execute on O. It's ugly. 

Are you disputing teams are playing much more aggressively on O this year? 

Nah , you did. I specifically told you " you can still play defense in this league."

You were beating the drum of the "new NFL" , like so many are doing this year. 

When the Jags feel like it , they are an elite defense- they still exist. They've completely shut down everything we've tried to do , and dominated at the LOS. The Colts didn't all of a sudden forget how to execute , they're just getting their butts kicked by superior talent. No one can get open and our line can't get any push.

A coach should adjust to each game and each circumstance. He shouldn't say , "oh, it's the new NFL , better go for it!"

That's ridiculous. Take the points.

• Thanks 1

I don’t think luck has looked really great since that game he was a receiver and got nailed. Look at his int. He’s thrown like 3 since then and only threw one or two in the 5 games before that. I’m 75-% sure he’s ok but I just wanted to state that to me he looks different. It could be because he’s been getting more pressure. 

20 minutes ago, needanoline63 said:

Ya know, cornerback and receiver are important positions we need to address next year. But we really need two interior DL bad. Hunt is to inconsistent, and easily gets stood up by opposing OL, that’s cause how tall he is. But ya I doubt al woods,hunt and ridgeway are back next year. Grover Stewart also

Stewart is more like a NT in a 3-4.

16 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Interesting everybody is questioning the 4th down calls but most of you had no problem with him giving a win to the Texans. 

Playoff implications at the time weren't in sight AND we were at home.  Wasn't our offense hot at that point? It wasn't hot today during those calls. 

1 minute ago, Trace Pyott said:

I don’t think luck has looked really great since that game he was a receiver and got nailed. Look at his int. He’s thrown like 3 since then and only threw one or two in the 5 games before that. I’m 75-% sure he’s ok but I just wanted to state that to me he looks different. It could be because he’s been getting more pressure. 

He is getting more pressure cause Kelly is out.

2 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Nah , you did. I specifically told you " you can still play defense in this league."

When the Jags feel like it , they are an elite defense- they still exist. They've completely shut down everything we've tried to do , and dominated at the LOS. The Colts didn't all of a sudden forget how to execute , they're just getting their butts kicked by superior talent. No one can get open and our line can't get any push.

A coach should adjust to each game and each circumstance. He shouldn't say , "oh, it's the new NFL , better go for it!"

10 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

Not at all... I never said that. I said it's a different game and will continue to evolve. Defense very much still has a place to play. But I don't think you'll be seeing the shut down D of yesteryear. This is a low scoring game because both teams can't execute on O. It's ugly. 

Are you disputing teams are playing much more aggressively on O this year? 

Good grief, you two are arguing as bad as my two toddlers. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, James said:

Should have been 6-3 Colts.

Frank Reich needs to realize that's it's okay to take FGs in these sort or games vs great defenses.

Yes. There is a time to be risky and gamble and there is a time to be smart and take 3 points in a road game vs a divisional rival who is desperate to win a game. I'm still scratching my head. I don't want Pagano back but I want Reich to stop being a gambler when there is no need for it in a scoreless, defensive game.

7 minutes ago, Numba1Colt said:

Why are the Colts giving up 3 free points in a low scoring road game vs a desperate team when they were only in position to get them due to a dumb Jags penalty?

Jet sweep to big slow (compared to a WR or fast, twitchy athletic RB) TE off the weaker side of the line? Why? 

Colts should be up 3-0 at half. Not the other way around. 

I'm just being truthful when I say that the Colts look weak today and are being physically out-played. Get it together. Don't gift wrap games to teams being QB'd by Cody Kessler.

Let's go Colts!!! 

Colts blow this game they don't deserve a spot in this years postseason cause Kessler blows.

3 minutes ago, Trueman said:

You sound childish telling someone in an online forum to stop saying something to you that they've said once before...

Just now, Trueman said:

I don't disagree you can still play D, I just think it will be in a different style. I also should show more caution as we do know it's a game of evolution on both sides of the ball. Read option dominated for a season then... well yeah. 

I'm not sure why this has personally offended you so much. But it really is a different NFL.. mostly because of the rule changes, but I do think teams are more aware of the risk/reward on 4th down.  Go look at how many teams are going for it, go look at the success rates, go look at the increase in EV. That's not opinion, that's cold hard fact. 

HOWEVER... I will say yes, you should adjust to each game and circumstance and you'll never have a good enough sample size specific say to the Jags D. But man.. if we can't punch it in from 2 yards out, that's a bigger issue than the decision to go for it. 

4 minutes ago, Trueman said:

You mean game flow should still be consider when trying to decide if and when to go for it? That’s ridiculous!!

Darn, now I’m dumb and want Pagano back

2 minutes ago, DraftMaster said:

Have you people learned anything from last week? It's not over till it's over, especially with Luck on our side. The Jags O will continue to sputter, and we will get the kinks out at half on O. We will win this game! R-E-L-A-X

Tell 'em    D-Master!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DraftMaster said:

Have you people learned anything from last week? It's not over till it's over, especially with Luck on our side. The Jags O will continue to sputter, and we will get the kinks out at half on O. We will win this game! R-E-L-A-X

We may end up winning this game, but it's now been 4 straight quarters against the Jags without a score.