Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Redskins claim R. Foster

ColtsBlueFL

10 hours ago, Four2itus said:

NFL, you disappoint me. You refuse to hire a player who's actions indicate controversial social beliefs, yet hire a woman beater. 

Way to be consistent. 

I’m going to side for the NFL at this time until I hear more. Why?  Waiver claim period ended at 4:00 pm ET.  NFL didn’t release notification that Rueben was claimed until somewhere near 5:00 pm.  And the team claiming him wasn’t readily apparent to reporters at the time either. Why? Is it could they have been trying dissuade Washington from doing it?:nono:

Next, Commisioner placed him on exempt list so he cant play anyway, and a suspension is likely coming.  Maybe enough to end his regular season.

I’m surprised Foster is reportedly getting paid through this phase though. I’ll bet there is some League language that could upset that apple cart too, if desired.

Let’s see what transpires.

From an article in SBNation.....

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/28/18116222/reuben-foster-nfl-washington-domestic-violence-collective-bargaining-agreement

"As it currently stands, the NFL’s personal conduct policy states that a first-time offense of domestic violence will result in a six-game suspension without pay. And despite other instances of domestic violence since its inception, a six-game suspension has only been enforced once, with Ezekiel Elliott. A second offense will result in a permanent banishment from the NFL — with the term “permanent” used very, very loosely. A second-time offender who has been banished “may petition for reinstatement after one year.” The common saying goes that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. But the NFL isn’t insane — it’s simply ruthless. Because they’ve made their disinterest in enforcing an adequate policy very clear."

50 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Is he worse than Nathan Peterman, who played 4 games this year?  Is he worse than Blake Bortles?

Prolly on par with perteman and worse than bortles that's my point he still sucks why go with the known player that sucks when you can try others that may or may not suck 

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Prolly on par with perteman and worse than bortles that's my point he still sucks why go with the known player that sucks when you can try others that may or may not suck 

Kaep's 2016 stats: 59.2% completion, 4:1 TD:INT ratio, 4.8% on TD%, 90.7 rating

Peterman's stats this year: 54.3% completion, 1:7 TD:INT, 1.2% TD%, 30.7 rating,

Bortles' stats this year: 60.4% completion, 13:10 TD:INT, 3.5% TD%, 81.9 rating

Kaep's stats are better than Peterman's or Bortles', yet they both started multiple games this year. I'm not saying Kaep is a franchise QB, but he's clearly better than some of the players currently playing in the NFL.

Furthermore, while some really don't like the passer rating stat, Kaep's 90.7 rating from his last year in the NFL would put him higher than Andy Dalton, Brock Osweiler, Alex Smith, Case Keenum, and Joe Flacco, all of whom are on NFL rosters this year

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Kaep's 2016 stats: 59.2% completion, 4:1 TD:INT ratio, 4.8% on TD%, 90.7 rating

Peterman's stats this year: 54.3% completion, 1:7 TD:INT, 1.2% TD%, 30.7 rating,

Bortles' stats this year: 60.4% completion, 13:10 TD:INT, 3.5% TD%, 81.9 rating

Kaep's stats are better than Peterman's or Bortles', yet they both started multiple games this year. I'm not saying Kaep is a franchise QB, but he's clearly better than some of the players currently playing in the NFL.

Furthermore, while some really don't like the passer rating stat, Kaep's 90.7 rating from his last year in the NFL would put him higher than Andy Dalton, Brock Osweiler, Alex Smith, Case Keenum, and Joe Flacco, all of whom are on NFL rosters this year

You have to factor in the drama that comes with him hes around average like others why bring in the headaches from signing Kaep when others without baggage will be about the same if kaep was better he would be signed like foster 

26 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

You have to factor in the drama that comes with him hes around average like others why bring in the headaches from signing Kaep when others without baggage will be about the same if kaep was better he would be signed like foster 

The implication being that Foster doesn't have drama coming with him?  That was the whole point of the original comment.  @Four2itus is disappointed that the NFL won't hire a guy with no legal issues who has taken part in peaceful protests to improve social conditions, but they will hire a guy who beats his wife.  Both have baggage, but one is peaceful and with a righteous goal whereas one has legal issues.  So talent + "baggage" = not hired, but talent + criminal activity = hired.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The implication being that Foster doesn't have drama coming with him?  That was the whole point of the original comment.  @Four2itus is disappointed that the NFL won't hire a guy with no legal issues who has taken part in peaceful protests to improve social conditions, but they will hire a guy who beats his wife.  Both have baggage, but one is peaceful and with a righteous goal whereas one has legal issues.  So talent + "baggage" = not hired, but talent + criminal activity = hired.

Foster is a talented young player so a team will take a chance on him even with baggage kaep is older and average kaep isnt good that's the whole point 

I dont think the nfl is right but I'm just telling you why one will get hired and the other wont 

9 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Because his running ability makes him MORE talented than them.  Talented enough that one of the 32 teams should have taken a flier on him by now.

Ehh I disagree his running doesn't make him that much better imo plus you guy bring up Peterman hes just a back up only playing cause of injury they sure wouldn't being in kaep as a back up with his baggage it would be a distraction and take away from their starting QB 

59 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

How is he around the same talent level when his stats are better than the other two I listed?

He's not that much better like you are trying to imply it's not like hes luck or brady compared to the others. Like I said he is not good enough to warrant dealing with the extra baggage end of story if he was lightyears ahead of bortles and Peterman then sure I'd be upset but hes just simply isnt 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:41 PM, 21isSuperman said:

How is he around the same talent level when his stats are better than the other two I listed?

Here is what I think he's trying to say.  And please keep in mind that I come down on Kaep's side of this more than I do others.

But ultimately Kaep is maybe a high level backup.  Not a franchise QB.  But he comes with the baggage (because social stances and politics are like this now) that his signing can potentially turn off around half your fan base.  Foster is a starter.

So Kaep's talent may not be worth the baggage, but Foster's might be to Washington.  

And here is the sad part about all of this.  More people are going to be upset about Kaep's controversial social stance then Reuben Foster beating women.  

And that I think is the sad thing.

• Like 2

I think want to add, part of the reason for the problem is that we didn't see it.

When this whole thing started it was because of Ray Rice and that was because there was a video, one that made the whole thing real to people.

I think it's somewhat easy in our minds to minimize what happened because we just heard it in words.  

These visuals are also there when Kaep takes a knee.  It's a visual reminder that he's doing something that ticks off half the population.