Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacksonville Round 2

How tough do think game will be? They’re offensive coordinator was fired after the game, following their sputtering loss streak.   With Bortles and Fournette out their offense is gonna be looking a lot different then it was a few weeks ago when we played them. On paper it looks like an easy matchup but hopefully it’s not a trap game. 

I think we win this game somewhere around 31-16. 

Thoughts?

Fear of the unknown has me a little nervous.  I'd like to think the Colts have big advantage going into this game, but it's in Jacksonville, and we really don't know what we're going to see from that offense.

They could throw everything, including the kitchen sink, at our defense.

Should be interesting.

I'm sort of relieved bortles is not playing.  He always gave us fits.  Bad thing is we don't have much tape or info on the new guy and what changes the new oc might bring.  That and the our injuries makes it nervous time. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, cbear said:

I'm sort of relieved bortles is not playing.  He always gave us fits.  Bad thing is we don't have much tape or info on the new guy and what changes the new oc might bring.  That and the our injuries makes it nervous time. 

Reich did say on the radio that their new OC is a good friend of his and that he wanted him on his staff. So maybe Frank has some good insight into what he likes to run.

• Like 2

This team is in full tank mode. I expect us to put the nail in their coffin. Lets all cheer for the the browns to pull the upset this week vs the texans and the falcons beat the ravens :cheer:

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The sauce must have some kind of mind altering substance in it. Some of their players seemed to have lost their minds.

You could tell they were drinking sauce in the offseason listening to members of their leadership talking about going 16-0.  All the talk Ramsey was doing and other comments I saw them making. They really felt they could run over everybody just on talent alone.

Kessler doesn’t have NFL arm talent with mediocre accuracy. He won’t be stretching the field at all, so we just need to be able to contain passes on short and intermediate routes. If we can drop a safety into the box because of that, that could free up Leonard to make more plays without having to worry about consequences. It will also allow us to bottle up their run game which, mind you, just lost their best offensive lineman and their RB. We should blow them out, but we need to go into this game with the mentality that we are playing the Saints or someone similar. If we underprepared, we lose. If we come out guns blazing though, I say we win by at least two scores

I’m hoping the Colts learned a lesson from last week: correct mistakes and every game is going to be a dog fight.

That being said, the Colts should  win this game. 

The flip side of being “cocky” is a complete deflation of confidence, when projected results are not realized. I’ve got to believe some of the Jaguars have packed it in, emotionally. Maybe I’m wrong and they’ll be trying to salvage the season, in the sense they’ll go out fighting.

Either way, I think Reich will adjust to compensate for missing players.

This may not be an easy game to win.   The Colts being without Mack, Doyle and Kelly hurts.   

The Jags have Yeldon and Hyde to fill the Fournette void.  

Don't sleep on Kessler either.   While I don't know much about him, but from looking at numbers, he may not be horrible.  He play college ball at a big university in USC.    He had a good college career at USC.  Unfortunately for him, he was drafted by the Browns where he started 8 games.   In those 8 games. he wasn't great, but he did complete 66% of his passes and had 6TD's and only 2 INT's.   QB rating of 92.3.   It looks like he's always been an accurate passer with a completion % always over 65%.

image.png.26dfbfd34dbd8eddafbffc3819ae561d.png

Not saying he is going to light us up, just saying that he may not be Sorgi bad.

• Thanks 1

If the Colts make it a point to defend the RB dumpoffs...this game won't be close. But they have struggled in that regard.

I hope to see big nickel all game...with Geathers and Mitchell out there...and someone spying the RB on every play.

If the Colts lose this game they r done. No excuses. 2nd string qb, new coordinator, suspended rb, Ramsey and Norwell out and lots of turmoil.  If they don't crush them, I will b very disappointed in the players  and coaches.  This is a game where they need to dominate a lesser opponent.   I will accept nothing less.  They want to show they r a team on the rise? Teams that r ascending don't lose these types of games......period.

10 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

If the Colts lose this game they r done. No excuses. 2nd string qb, new coordinator, suspended rb, Ramsey and Norwell out and lots of turmoil.  If they don't crush them, I will b very disappointed in the players  and coaches.  This is a game where they need to dominate a lesser opponent.   I will accept nothing less.  They want to show they r a team on the rise? Teams that r ascending don't lose these types of games......period.

Young teams that have exceeded all expectations do, though. We definitely  *should* win this game, but not really being able to game plan for their offense (new qb/coordinator) along with the potential of underestimating JAX means I wouldn't be surprised at all if we lost this game. Growing pains happen. To only accept total domination is a recipe for disappointment with such a young team in year 1 of a new scheme, imo.