Click here to get your free tickets for Colts Training Camp today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narcosys

Cowherd puts Luck second in MVP.

Good watch, good arguments.

Says Mahomes wouldn't be able to do the same with this colts team. Backhand insult to the colts by complimenting Luck working with nobodies. Name 5 players not named Luck, two best behind him are rookies in Nelson and Leonard, and don't have a true #2 WR.

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1380693571814

If Cowherd asked Luck, Reich, Sirianni, Ballard or Irsay if Luck only has a few players he is playing with, they’d laugh in  his face.

If he doesn’t know the Colts well enough to name the RT, etc., then his reasoning for Luck is flawed. We know there is ALOT

of character and talent on this team now.

I would NOT consider Reid’s play calling an upgrade over Reich’s.

Luck can make players better but so can Breese. I just think the narrative of Luck having no one around him is as inacurate

as “they can’t protect him”.

But compared to the teams he compares Luck with, and who they got on offence, he's on point.

Luck don't have a superstar RB like Hunt, Gurly or Kamara.

He got TY and Ebron, and one heck of an O-line, but Marlon Mack is no Super star, he's average compared to those guys, and Mo Alli Cox, Inman and Grant ain't no Hill, Cooks, Woods or Thomas.

Colts have a decent team, and Luck deserves to be the nr 2 in the MVP conversation.

He is the lone national media member that touted Luck before we started winning.  Everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.like last week. 

Both KC and NO were playoff teams last season. Colts were a joke. Luck comes back, and Colts are once again formidable. If Luck were playing with KC's weapons, he would already have 50 TD's. This should be Luck's 3rd MVP. 

The guys on GMFB are all on the Luck MVP trail as well.......if we win out, and Luck spots 3 more consecutive 3 x TD pass games tk beat Brady, he could get some votes. Otherwise, Brees or Mahomes will take it. 

Well, having him back has certainly made a difference in our teams performance.    I have to admit, I was beginning to have my doubts and wondering if he'd ever get back to what we knew he was once capable of.   

It's really exciting to see him doing so well again and  I am happy for him.  

MVP running or not,  I'm happy to have our QB back and making our games exciting again.

1 hour ago, Pacergeek said:

Both KC and NO were playoff teams last season. Colts were a joke. Luck comes back, and Colts are once again formidable. If Luck were playing with KC's weapons, he would already have 50 TD's. This should be Luck's 3rd MVP. 

if we make the playoffs he will get some consideration.  the award isnt really about most valuable.  its about winning and putting up big numbers 

2 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

If Cowherd asked Luck, Reich, Sirianni, Ballard or Irsay if Luck only has a few players he is playing with, they’d laugh in  his face.

If he doesn’t know the Colts well enough to name the RT, etc., then his reasoning for Luck is flawed. We know there is ALOT

Luck can make players better but so can Breese. I just think the narrative of Luck having no one around him is as inacurate

I agree the Colts have a few more nice players than advertised but the Chiefs and Saints have ELITE players on offense (Brees and Mahomes are widely considered 1 & 2 in the MVP race).

KC has the most dangerous return man in the league who is also one of the best receivers in Hill.

They have the NFL rushing champ from last year in Hunt.

They have the best TE in the game in Kelce.

KC has a top 10 ranked offensive line according to PFF.

With the exception of maybe a linemen or 2 there isn't an offensive player on the Colts that would start on the Chiefs (unless you count Hilton as their starting #2 WR).

No way Mahomes would put up those numbers on the Colts.

2 hours ago, Pacergeek said:

I said this just last week in a topic. If Luck had any of the playmakers these guys did at any point in his career and had this current type of protection , he’d be on his 2nd or 3rd MVP already. Let’s not forget he lead the league in TDs with 40 a few short years ago, and that was with no protection, run game, or help at receiver or TE outside Hilton.

He might not win over Brees, but he should be in the running. In addition to Comeback POY, he should possibly win offensive player of the year.

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

This is true to us but not at all true to the greater nfl fanbase.

5 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

I heard Michael Grady this morning say that our defense has no playmakers. That bothered me because I would expect more from him being he's local. 

4 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

I heard Michael Grady this morning say that our defense has no playmakers. That bothered me because I would expect more from him being he's local. 

I don’t understand this kind of thinking.  I see playmakers on offense, defense and special teams. At points in time, I’ve seen plays made (open field tackles, ints, great catches, blocks, throws and catches), by just about everyone on the team.

That’s not to say there isn’t room for improvement.

“Playmakers” are considered as such when they do the little things right, consistently and as a result, come up with game-changing plays.

Is that talent or the result of hard work, experience and good coaching and scheme? Maybe a combination of all of these. 

Andrew Luck is literally having an MVP calibre season right now. Unfortunately for him, it's happening whilst Drew Brees is having a historical campaign. 

This is what Luck is projected to finish this season at

4526 Yards, 46 TDs, 16 ints. Currently with a rating of 102.7 and a 68.4 % Completion Percentage.

Compared to the last few MVPs

Tom Brady: 4577 Yards, 32 TDs,  8 ints, 66.3% completion 102.8 Rating

Matt Ryan: 4944 Yards, 38 TDs, 7 Ints, 69% completion 117 Rating

Cam Newton: 3837 Yards, 35 TDs, 10 Ints, 59.8% completion, 99.4 Rating (rushed for 10 more)

Aaron Rodgers: 4381 Yards, 38 TDs, 5 ints, 65% completion, 112 Rating

Luck is throwing for just as many or more yards as all these guys, completing more passes than everyone besides Matt Ryan, and has a rating around the level of 2015 Cam and 2017 Brady.  The ints are what is holding him back. Lucky would have to virtually throw no more picks the rest of the year to have a shot at the  MVP. But it's Brees to lose.

I have a question or request for any number crunchers we have on the forum.  How many of Luck's 11 interceptions can be directly attributed to drops by his receivers?  I'm not talking miscommunication or just being on the wrong page with receivers.  I'm talking straight through receivers hands & to the defender? I know 3 for sure.  The Alie-Cox, Mack, & Pascal interceptions are undeniably not his fault.  Are there any others?  Now, once we remove those interceptions, what would Luck's rating be?  It's currently at 102.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 6:46 AM, coltsfeva said:

I would put him behind Brees and Gurley.

6 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

I have a question or request for any number crunchers we have on the forum.  How many of Luck's 11 interceptions can be directly attributed to drops by his receivers?  I'm not talking miscommunication or just being on the wrong page with receivers.  I'm talking straight through receivers hands & to the defender? I know 3 for sure.  The Alie-Cox, Mack, & Pascal interceptions are undeniably not his fault.  Are there any others?  Now, once we remove those interceptions, what would Luck's rating be?  It's currently at 102.

About half of those 11 picks I say not his fault.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:15 AM, braveheartcolt said:

The guys on GMFB are all on the Luck MVP trail as well.......if we win out, and Luck spots 3 more consecutive 3 x TD pass games tk beat Brady, he could get some votes. Otherwise, Brees or Mahomes will take it. 

Brees is gonna get it if he keeps playing at the level he is.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:24 PM, NorthernBlue said:

This is what Luck is projected to finish this season at

4526 Yards, 46 TDs, 16 ints. Currently with a rating of 102.7 and a 68.4 % Completion Percentage.

In addition to Brees,  Philip Rivers is having an incredible season too-

a projection for 4536 yds,   38 TD  9 INT  115.7 rating and 69.5% completion

(11 games  69.5 % 3,119  yds  26 TD  6 INT  115.7 rating)

Brees is the hands-down MVP right now and it isn't even close.  Doesn't really matter who's 2nd or 3rd, etc.  He'd have to completely tank not to get it at this point.  What also helps him is he's never won one, so he will be the sentimental favorite as well.