Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TE Jack Doyle expected to be placed on I.R.

MTC

If you guys watch the baldy video of big q,  go all the way towards the end on the last play and mack gets tackled on doyles ankle. He starts hoping on one leg.   I saw this happen live and seen him limping but didn't think it was serious.  Still thought he played through it.  I think this is the play he got hurt in. 

I am not the one to speculate, but I was able to re-play the last snap he took. He gets tackled after making the catch and immediately signals to get out after running off the field. 

A possible back or neck injury?

Just now, MTC said:

I am not the one to speculate, but I was able to re-play the last snap he took. He gets tackled after making the catch and immediately signals to get out after running off the field. 

A possible back or neck injury?

I saw him pat his helmet to come out of the game, but I didn't realize he never came back in. I'm not even sure exactly when that was, but I feel like it was after his last catch... 

• Like 1

Man, that is a big blow with Kelly missing a few weeks on the protection front. Doyle's blocking enabled us to do so many things and let the other TEs play and roam more. 

Injuries this time of the year are harder to overcome when you play desperate teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MTC said:

It is a tough blow, but I am confident that Swoope, Alie-Cox, and Hewitt can take over his role. 

I agree.  I think Hewitt is a pretty good blocker and Swoope and Alie-Cox have already been contributors.  A big loss for sure but our TE group is strong.  If a couple of these guys can come back we should be able to get through it with good scheming and situational substitutions. 

Yes.  I remember the play as well.  He got up very slowly and immediately tapped his helmet to come out.  Had a look of extreme pain on his face.  I too couldn't remember if he ever came back after that.  Tough loss with Swoope & Cox out.  Even Hewitt has been out.  Definitely gotta go get a guy.  Maybe Daniels gets brought back?

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Too soon Alex22, too soon.

Couldn't resist....

On another note Mo Ali looks like a beast as a receiver and his blocking isn't that bad either.

So hopefully he gets healthy - I think he could be a star  

1 minute ago, MTC said:

Thought I would share this:

The team early in the season is a different team to the current one though....

Just look at the difference between Lucks first few games and what he is doing now 100+ passer rating 5 straight...

I think Doyle missing will be fine.. 

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Wonder if it's the same type of kidney injury Luck had?

I read somewhere Doyle needed surgery and Luck didn't so Doyle's maybe more serious