Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On a lighter note, anybody else love the uniforms?

zibby43

7 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

That makes little sense, Luck just threw for the highest completion percentage of his career in those all blue uniforms....  Don't think spotting his Receivers was even a minute issue due to uniform changes... lol

1 hour ago, SteelCityColt said:

He may have some point. There has certainly been academic research into team colours and success rates. I think there was a definite “advantage” to teams playing in red when it comes what we call football. 

It has also been suggested Orange is a good choice given it’s the opposite to green. 

Cheers for the lol, knew I’d get one :D  Wasn’t talking about that one game in particular, just think it’s easier to pick out a white outfit than darker colours. It has been an issue in soccer over here in the past, certain strips stand out more.

7 hours ago, buccolts said:

I prefer the base unis, but also enjoy a little different look once in a while (2 - 3 times a season?).

I'm just happy to see them on TV, so I'm not going to go too nuts with the colors they wear (as long as it's blue & white (mostly).

BUT, I'm color blind, so I'm sure that discounts my opinion.

BTW, anyone see the Browns/Bengals game?

What if they played each other in a color rush game? You couldn't fit anymore orange on the screen.

The Bengals color rush has no color, but they do have orange jerseys:

images (1).jpeg

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I would leave the road whites ALONE, but striping on shoulders/sleeves could be improved (subtly), and facemask could possibly look better than gray.  I'd experiment with white or blue (a mettalic blue could look great.  Lastly, black hi-tops  to finish.  But overall, i am VERY attached to the road unis.  Perfect, beautiful simplicity.

The blue color rush has really grown on me.  I wouldnt mind them for home game unis.?   I'd love to see the blue color rush with white striping with blue metallic helmet (like jets green one) with white shoe and  Facemask.

Just dont mess with those road whites!

On 11/26/2018 at 2:29 AM, zibby43 said:

First off, the Colts' "standard" uniforms are hands-down some of the best in the league.  The all-white road uniforms are *the* best road unis in the league (in my humble opinion).

All that said, the blue-on-blue look is also fantastic.  They look great on TV. 

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing these again at some point this year. 

31116407607_dbdc1081e7_b.jpgBlue on Blue by Andrew R., on Flickr

LOVE THEM! I miss the helmets the Colts wore on Thanksgiving 2004 against Detroit with the two Horseshoes on the back of the helmet.

On 5/27/2019 at 10:19 PM, WoolMagnet said:

I would leave the road whites ALONE, but striping on shoulders/sleeves could be improved (subtly), and facemask could possibly look better than gray.  I'd experiment with white or blue (a mettalic blue could look great.  Lastly, black hi-tops  to finish.  But overall, i am VERY attached to the road unis.  Perfect, beautiful simplicity.

The blue color rush has really grown on me.  I wouldnt mind them for home game unis.?   I'd love to see the blue color rush with white striping with blue metallic helmet (like jets green one) with white shoe and  Facemask.

Just dont mess with those road whites!

I agree with the shoulder striping. I have no idea why they made them shorter. I prefer this...

jim-harbaugh-colts.jpg

On 11/26/2018 at 2:29 AM, zibby43 said:

First off, the Colts' "standard" uniforms are hands-down some of the best in the league.  The all-white road uniforms are *the* best road unis in the league (in my humble opinion).

All that said, the blue-on-blue look is also fantastic.  They look great on TV. 

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing these again at some point this year. 

31116407607_dbdc1081e7_b.jpgBlue on Blue by Andrew R., on Flickr

I didn't like them as much as I thought I would, given my druthers I'd rather see just the pants in blue as an alternate or a nod to the 84's.