Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On a lighter note, anybody else love the uniforms?

zibby43

Not a color rush fan, at all.  Too much of one color (see Broncos prison uniforms from yesterday in support of my opinion) is hard on the eyes.  Now, I could handle the blue pants with the white jersey.  No and never to a blue helmet with white horseshoe.

I think we've gotten too hung up on uniform variances and I blame the Oregon Ducks.  I think it hurts a team's identity when uniforms are messed with too much...especially iconic uniforms the the Colts, Packers, Bears, Steelers, etc.

• Like 4

For some reason I was surprised to see how dark the uniforms were yesterday.  I thought they were not as deep as they actually were.  I liked how they looked yesterday and would like to see them more often.

Really like that blue helmet JFunk just showed, but couldn't see it with yesterday's uni's.  Too much blue there, but I would like to see what they look like with the white uni's.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Barry Sears said:

Not a color rush fan, at all.  Too much of one color (see Broncos prison uniforms from yesterday in support of my opinion) is hard on the eyes.  Now, I could handle the blue pants with the white jersey.  No and never to a blue helmet with white horseshoe.

I think we've gotten too hung up on uniform variances and I blame the Oregon Ducks.  I think it hurts a team's identity when uniforms are messed with too much...especially iconic uniforms the the Colts, Packers, Bears, Steelers, etc.

It's like any other uniform.  Wear the same uniform to work every day for years and years, you just want a change.  Doesn't mean it has to be a permanent change.  But eventually, it gets old and/or boring.  I think an alternate uniform like the one yesterday, once or twice a year gives the newness some people crave, and it's subtle enough to not affect the team's - to use your term - identity.

They are nice for a change but I'm not sure I'd want to see them as an every game thing.

1 hour ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It's like any other uniform.  Wear the same uniform to work every day for years and years, you just want a change.  Doesn't mean it has to be a permanent change.  But eventually, it gets old and/or boring.  I think an alternate uniform like the one yesterday, once or twice a year gives the newness some people crave, and it's subtle enough to not affect the team's - to use your term - identity.

This. . . putting on something different for 1 or 2 games a season is good for a little bit of variety.

• Like 1

Liked them, but want to return to the white please. I’ll probably get laughed at for this, but I think changing to that all blue for a game could possibly have a very slight impact on performance in certain situations.  In the heat of the moment once the ball is snapped, it is far easier to pick out a white uniform in a millisecond and Luck is also used to looking for that white. Back to white and everything is going be alright. 

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Liked them, but want to return to the white please. I’ll probably get laughed at for this, but I think changing to that all blue for a game could possibly have a very slight impact on performance in certain situations.  In the heat of the moment once the ball is snapped, it is far easier to pick out a white uniform in a millisecond and Luck is also used to looking for that white. Back to white and everything is going be alright. 

That makes little sense, Luck just threw for the highest completion percentage of his career in those all blue uniforms....  Don't think spotting his Receivers was even a minute issue due to uniform changes... lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I prefer the base unis, but also enjoy a little different look once in a while (2 - 3 times a season?).

I'm just happy to see them on TV, so I'm not going to go too nuts with the colors they wear (as long as it's blue & white (mostly).

BUT, I'm color blind, so I'm sure that discounts my opinion.

BTW, anyone see the Browns/Bengals game?

What if they played each other in a color rush game? You couldn't fit anymore orange on the screen.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, buccolts said:

I prefer the base unis, but also enjoy a little different look once in a while (2 - 3 times a season?).

I'm just happy to see them on TV, so I'm not going to go too nuts with the colors they wear (as long as it's blue & white (mostly).

What if they played each other in a color rush game? You couldn't fit anymore orange on the screen.

Brown's would go....all brown

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NagelHausForge said:

I'd like to see all blue uniforms... With blue shoes... and blue helmets... with blue horseshoes.... and blue letters/numbers... and Blue nike swooshes... on a blue playing field... also with blue numbers and stripes... and blue bal....

Ok I'm done.

And blue face paint!

481573998.jpg

And "I'm Blue" blaring on the loud-speakers!

I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa

Da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa, da ba dee da ba daa

:panic:

3 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

loved em.  need to be permanently put into our home uniform rotation.

I was very surprised to see them yesterday.  Missed the announcement beforehand.

But I agree.  Those bad boys need to stay.  If the players like them, that's all that matters to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buccolts said:

Don't the Dolphins have orange color rush colors too?

4 hours ago, buccolts said:

Hey Buccolts, I just came back from the hospital today, and they told me I was colour blind. I was shocked, it came as a bolt out of the green.....

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, braveheartcolt said:

Hey Buccolts, I just came back from the hospital today, and they told me I was colour blind. I was shocked, it came as a bolt out of the green.....

Sorry to hear that, Braveheardcolt, but that bolt was probably brown.....    :)

At least, that's what I'm told....all the time.

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

That makes little sense, Luck just threw for the highest completion percentage of his career in those all blue uniforms....  Don't think spotting his Receivers was even a minute issue due to uniform changes... lol

He may have some point. There has certainly been academic research into team colours and success rates. I think there was a definite “advantage” to teams playing in red when it comes what we call football. 

It has also been suggested Orange is a good choice given it’s the opposite to green.