Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasOilStadium

Colts Vs.Dolphins Game Day Thread

I thought when I saw half effort trying to block that punt it meant we were trying to set up the return but nope. Didn’t protect our return man at all. 

Just now, RollerColt said:

... I never EVER want to see Luck as a receiver! Too much risk!!!!

NEVER...Not ever..come on coach

1 minute ago, cgi4life said:

I don't like that

I don't mind the call.  Terrible pass, though.  Jacoby wants to play.  Set up Luck for injury, lol

2 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

... I never EVER want to see Luck as a receiver! Too much risk!!!!

I agree...I don't think they were going to throw it to him unless nobody defended him!

I'm just here to agree with everyone that Luck isn't a WR.. That's borderline crazy. Too cute by half ect.

We're going to try and protect Luck and prevent him from getting hurt.

Hey I have an idea let's line him up at receiver where he is sure to take a shot.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

NEVER...Not ever..come on coach

This O line got a lot of hype as of late.  Good pass protectors they r but I think they have been over rated as run blockers. 

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• As you have noticed,  I have taken a long time to respond.   Apologies in advance,  my response is long....   Everything you think I "overstated" I personally think I understated.     And I think all the arguments you used to make a case that the spring is more ideal than the winter is hugely overstated.   Look at the last sentence of your post...    how you describe "looking at the bigger picture and taking your time..."        Says who?      Who says an owner didn't look at the bigger picture in December as a disappointing season was coming to an end and that a decision was rushed?    That's entirely written by you as opinion based on zero known facts.    And it's your interpretation that better decisions can be made in the spring.   Huh?    When it's too late to fire the HC and his staff that gave you the disappointing previous season that got the GM fired in the first place.    Now, your new GM has to deal with a HC and staff that he didn't hire.   Now everyone in the building is walking on pins and neeedles wondering if they'll get fired or be retained.   So,  all the advantages of doing those decisions in winter of Y1 for the new GM,  now have to be done in winter of Y2.     So, if they're going to be done,  how is it better to flush a year down the drain and do it the following year?   I see lots of opinion,  and very little fact.    You've tossed out a number of interesting names that are available now....    nice names and none were in the running for a GM job 5 months ago,  and suddenly you think the next hot GM is in the pile?    I appreciate that Nick Caserio might be the exception to the Patriots rule from the BB tree....    but BB has a poor record of turning out good HC's elsewhere.   He might someday....   but not so far.    Front office is decent I think, so maybe Caserio is good?   But Don't you want to get all of this done sooner than later?    Don't you want to rip the band-aid off ASAP?   Doesn't the new GM want to hire his own guy,  his own staff, ASAP?     And if you think the answer is no,  then why don't all GM's who get hired in January,  do it your way?    Why don't they keep the staff,  the HC,  coordinators and assistants,  all the front office types and the scouts,  and do all the changes the following winter?     Why don't they do that?   They don't,  do they?   I really wish this was just a simple thought experiment.   That you were simply making a case that making a GM change in the spring is do-able and not anythig else.    Some here don't understand when it happens at all in the spring and I've made the argument several times that the spring isn't as bad as you think.    Doable under certain circumstances is perfectly OK.   But you're not doing that.     You're not arguing for doable.   Instead you're arguing for desireable.    And you think it's an easy decision.    I confess that even as your biggest admirer,  perhaps BECAUSE I'm your biggest admirer,  I find this position more than a little head scratching.....   Just saying....      
    • Middleton had a contract that was 4 years or longer and the Bucks have his bird rights. That doesn't apply for Randle and the Pelicans.
    • I can’t believe they’d leave out the Collins/Painter/Orlovsky trio. Those three men are instrumental in Colts lore. 
    • Bert Jones....if not for that shoulder injury, who knows what might have been. 
    • i would have loved to see Mike Hart, Donald brown in his prime Dominique Rhodes and Joseph addai run behind our solid oline. I bet they all would have had amazing rushing stats last year
  • Members