Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs.Dolphins Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After Mitchell forced that fumble and set the Colts back up to get a score before half and get the ball first after half... this is what has unfolded:

1. Terrible play call to go deep right after Luck threw a bad pass for a pick. You need to be safe and move the ball in chunks at first and make sure you give AV at the very least a decent FG kick.

2. Can't convert a 3rd and short when a defender falls down with another terrible pass.

3. Get our punt partially blocked giving the Dolphins a short field.

The defense bailed us out by holding the Dolphins to 3.

Colts better start playing SMART football... right NOW!!! Get a TD and smother them after that... Ryan will break and throw a pick... (that hopefully won't be dropped again).

Not one player is playing well tonight. We are flat on all aspects. Andrew is holding onto the ball way too long and forcing throws deep. He's playing well when getting rid of it quickly and reading it at the line. We can't establish a run game for anything. Special teams are a big fat F so far... 

Defense is doing enough to hang in there. 

Luck gets sacked and loses the ball and gets lucky to have someone jump on it.... leading to a longer field goal.... which is awfully executed.

The Colts are horrible today after going up 14-7.

They look like they are TANKING this game.... that is how bad it looks.

What is going on!!!

Step up in the dang pocket on 3rd down Luck and make sure to not LOSE YARDS.

Simple smart football is too much for him to handle today.... apparently.

Just now, Trueman said:

relax. 

I just wish fans wouldn't underrate the opposition as much as they do. 

I hear ya, that’s what I was implying.  They sure don’t look like a bad rush D today.  One of those games though where the Colts are just shooting themselves in the foot however.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Baltimore gave really good fight but looks like they will fall short. Colts will have a game up now on the ravens and raiders.   The colts and Steelers offense looks a lot alike. Short passes with the occasional chunk play of pass down field. Big Ben and Rivers and the same point in their careers look a lot alike. Even Ben through a bone headed int. Get pressure on him and you can rattle him like Rivers. Steelers have to be the quietest undefeated team I have seen.
    • Agreed. With that said I am not stopping from being apprehensive about his future.  He is young and talented so IMO it's way too early in his career to write him off. 
    • I hear ya. I feel the same way.    as for rivers who knows. I’d be more than happy if he took 20 vs 25, I mean that very well could be a solid CB pick up this coming off season if teams have to cut a lot of players. We’re talking 1/3 of the league over the cap if 176 holds. Plus several more teams just barely under it. 5 million may even be a good CB pick up. There’s a really good chance that salaries, even cheap 1 year deals become the norm for 2021. If a young player has to chose between taking 5 million due to this for a year, vs taking nothing at all, he’s gonna go for the 5 million.    if that makes sense. 
    • The nomination for the most over dramatic, over written piece of garbage goes to......   What a dumpster fire.     
    • Possibly, but what constitutes a lower salary?   $20m is $5m cheaper, but doesn't help all that much.   Even if by some chance he took $15m, things are still tight. Would definitely help to have $10m extra.    At this point of his career, does he just say, $15m isnt worth it, Im going to spend time with my family.     I cant wait for the off-season, it is almost on the same level as the season for me. I love it.
  • Members

• Lancer1

Lancer1 250

• Flash7

Flash7 2,713

• Dan Smith

Dan Smith 0

Rookie
    • ar7

ar7 450

• PrincetonTiger

PrincetonTiger 12,390